Bombers Sign OL Gord Hinse

Atomic

I'm okay with this signing, he's pretty busted up but still late 20s.  This is similar to the Parenteau signing - could work or he could be done.

You are just okay with this signing but Romby Bryant come on down?

Bryant has accomplished far more in his CFL career than Hinse likely ever will

So has Jackie Parker but he's dead.

Nice, now find one for the other line.

If we can start 4 Natl on the OL, we can start 4 Intl on the DL (Anderson instead of Thomas) and we can add 1 more Intl DL as DI. 

I think that would be an upgrade already.

Better still to start 5 on the lines freeing up more spots for I at the skill positions.

The value of having an extra "skilled" receiver might be lower than you think.  When Willy is on the IR.

Well if you're going to hang him out to dry, then any QB will end up on the IR, backs and receivers have to block too it's the evolution of the game, except for Burke, nobody just rushes 4 anymore.

I'm okay with this signing, he's pretty busted up but still late 20s.  This is similar to the Parenteau signing - could work or he could be done.

OK but I don't see us starting a dead guy anytime soon.

Except you just made that up...  

I said I was 'fine' with Bryant for the right price and that I would take him over Kelly if he had recovered from his injuries.

Pretty much the same response to both guys... a slightly positive 'meh'... 

OK but I don't see us starting a dead guy anytime soon.

A team has drafted a dead guy before.....Starting one wouldn't be a shocker

Big splash signing, leaving with hardly a ripple. I wonder if his ego wouldn't allow him to play in less than the NFL, or he thought he had a better offer pending.

What?

I was referring to Browning, but I didn't specifically mention him.

Big splash signing, leaving with hardly a ripple. I wonder if his ego wouldn't allow him to play in less than the NFL, or he thought he had a better offer pending.

What?

I suspect the "What?" was more along the lines of if you consider that a big splash signing, Hinse should get the Bobby Hull Portage and Main treatment.  But I shouldn't speak for another poster.

What?

I suspect the "What?" was more along the lines of if you consider that a big splash signing, Hinse should get the Bobby Hull Portage and Main treatment.  But I shouldn't speak for another poster.

Browning looked like he had all the skills necessary to make it big in the CFL, and his resume was pretty impressive as well. And yes, Hinse would be a welcome addition.

Well, on Browning, I wonder what he did? He did something as I can't see Danny Mac (given how everyone here says he is so 'good' at his job) recommending a bum who can't throw the ball. So, I hope he was in to drugs or had some other kind of criminal record linked to him somehow and the bombers found out about it and just cut ties with him right away or had an undisclosed injury that was serious enough that the bombers did not think it would be worthwhile having this guy around.. 

Why do I hope this? Cause the alternative is the guy is piss poor passer which means Danny Mac is no better at evaluating QB than anyone else in this organisation has been since, well whoever it was that recruited Danny Mac, the last 'recruited by Wpg' QB to make any noise in the CFL. 

Well, on Browning, I wonder what he did? He did something as I can't see Danny Mac (given how everyone here says he is so 'good' at his job) recommending a bum who can't throw the ball. So, I hope he was in to drugs or had some other kind of criminal record linked to him somehow and the bombers found out about it and just cut ties with him right away or had an undisclosed injury that was serious enough that the bombers did not think it would be worthwhile having this guy around.. 

Why do I hope this? Cause the alternative is the guy is piss poor passer which means Danny Mac is no better at evaluating QB than anyone else in this organisation has been since, well whoever it was that recruited Danny Mac, the last 'recruited by Wpg' QB to make any noise in the CFL. 

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 5m

O'Shea says #Bombers practice roster QB Kolton Browning was offered a coaching opportunity elsewhere, so the team released him.

You're too quick to judge.

There is no way Calgary would let Peach go. I'm sorry to disappoint everyone but they would dress 7 OL and stick someone else on the IR before they would ever let Peach go. In fact that is probably the case with most practice roster players. Teams don't like to let their assets go for nothing, especially good Canadian OL prospects.

And too lazy to read the thread, lol.. He did take it to some odd places tho in that rant..

And too lazy to read the thread, lol.. He did take it to some odd places tho in that rant..

And I hope he squatted behind the CFL merch section in the Bomber store and did a dookie.

Why do I hope this?  Because it's the internet!  Wheeeeeee!

And I hope he squatted behind the CFL merch section in the Bomber store and did a dookie.

Why do I hope this?  Because it's the internet!  Wheeeeeee!

i thought that doing that in mall plant-boxes was the local custom in Winnipeg...