So What's The Problem?

There is absolutely no reason for you to be calling people idiots! 

Yeah, I think some of the boys were drinking heavy last night....

Anyways, here it is so that even an 'idiot' like me can understand.

Calgary averages 32.4 points per game

Winnipeg averages 23 points per game

Final score 37 - 24

Simple mathematics tells you that for the Bombers to have had a chance to win, their offence, not their defence, was going to need to score at least 33 points to have a chance. The defence gave up slightly more than a field goal more then what the Stamps have been averaging per game offence, while the offence came up 9 points shy of what they needed to do.

Defence (-4)

Offence (-9)

As bad as the defence looked, it was the offence who played a bigger role in the loss based on simple probabilities.

What I saw last night was Calgary making a great half time adjustment where Cornish was running, they saw a gap and exploited it for the rest of the game, eating up valuable time and exposing passing routes and generally tiring out our defence.

But the defence gets no pass from me on this night. The coaching staff said they had a good game plan for Calgary, but a poorly prepared team is what we saw. And they could not/would not make any adjustments (blitzing for ex.)

We had no answer for Cal.'s half time adjustment and that's on the coaches.

This coaching staff has us perfectly ready for pre-season games, notwithstanding some of our injuries.

That's the entire coaching staff.

Burke, as a HC with credibility, is fading fast. (third down gamble instead of a FG? - wrong time, wrong station)

The O, last night was an improvement and provides a little hope (Crowton notwithstanding).

Goltz did well, considering, and should be prepped for future games. (I did say - should be)

The unprofessionalism of this team is starting to show and we're quickly falling behind other teams.

At this point, Burke has to be saddled with the blame.

He is responsible for the mess his co-ordinators are shoving down our throats and changes of a sort should be made. (consequences)

Bo L Mitchell executed a very good Calgary game plan and looks solid to be their future.

Their defence did just enough when they had to. (they got plenty of rest)

Looks like a p... poor start for the Blue....again, but they better work harder going forward, because a lot of jobs could be at stake.

So, was being embarassed 52-0 worth it  in the pre season? Man, by doing that Burke sure had this team ready to play. Bullcrap. It all starts with the coaching. Burke is a brainiac.

Heh, heh, my point was he has us prepared for pre-season play....in the games we are playing...now.

I agree, as a head coach...Burke is a great DC.

Not even sure he was a great DC anymore, could of just been pure fluke. I mean if he's that off base with things as simple as is Buck Pierce a god awful QB, then how can he possibly get the more technical aspects of the game.Maybe his mind is going with his old age?

As far as Crowton goes, much like when we brought Buck in I was pissed off when we brought Crowton in. Why in the world would we bring in a coordinator who has a god awful record in Colllege/Univerisity. Just pure stupidity.

We are basically a clinic on how not to build a team, offensive coordinator with a crap record(but we hired him because he was somebody's buddy), Head Coach who doesn't have the slightest clue about anything offense related, defensive coordinator who did a horrible job last year in Hamilton but got a second chance anyway, a starting QB who not only has a pathetic injury history, but also plays like he suffers from brain damage. GM that can't recruit a returner to save his life, GM+coaching staff that hang onto star players(hello Jovon Johnson) too long despite it being crystal clear that they lost a step to the point that they can't even compete at a semi pro level anymore, never mind pro.

Mack's got to go.... Lots of posters here don't want to hear that but I think he's done. This team is regressing. He fired LaPo for what??? A Crowton offense which is worse than it was a year under LaPo??? A young head coach who while he made some mistakes managing the game because of inexperience.... yet never, ever looked totally demoralized, flummoxed, like Tim Burke does having no answer as to how to get this team to win. Right from the very first game Burke coached as a HC in Regina last year, this team has never been ready to play. We are constantly being outcoached. And Mack gave this dude a long term deal. Begone, Mack!

Its true. I always supported him, but whats scary is that even our import talent is starting to suffer. I'll give him some credit, he has brought in good players within the front seven but our secondary, O-Line and import receivers need to be upgraded in a bad bad way.

MAck is garbage, plain and simple. 

But he's not the cancer -- its the whole organization. Getting rid of Bauer turned out to be a band-aid, we need to overhaul the whole  board and organization. 

Its true. I always supported him, but whats scary is that even our import talent is starting to suffer. I'll give him some credit, he has brought in good players within the front seven but our secondary, O-Line and import receivers need to be upgraded in a bad bad way.

Lyle Bauer is a big part of the culture problem on this team & the reason we are where we are today. He hired Dave Ritchie, fired Ritchie, hired Jim Daley, fired Jim Daley, hired Berry, fired Berry, hired Mike Kelly & Kelly  absolutely destroyed our Canadian player base & alienated everyone by being a total idiot. The scary part is Bauer still doesn't think Mike Kelly did anything wrong here or is a bad head coach. When he was with the Stampeders  a couple of years ago he said to one of the sports media types in Calgary that if he had to do it all over again, he'd still hire Mike Kelly back. You should have seen the reaction that got from Stamps fans worried that he'd somehow convince Stamps ownership that he & not John Hufnagel should be running the on field side of the Stampeders.

Ban this troll plz

lolololol the ironing is delicious!

maybe dont speak upon the banishment of a poster who has more posts and time spent on the bomber forums then you or whatever yer old name was... kthxgg

Lyle Bauer is a big part of the culture problem on this team & the reason we are where we are today. He hired Dave Ritchie, fired Ritchie, hired Jim Daley, fired Jim Daley, hired Berry, fired Berry, hired Mike Kelly & Kelly  absolutely destroyed our Canadian player base & alienated everyone by being a total idiot. The scary part is Bauer still doesn't think Mike Kelly did anything wrong here or is a bad head coach. When he was with the Stampeders  a couple of years ago he said to one of the sports media types in Calgary that if he had to do it all over again, he'd still hire Mike Kelly back. You should have seen the reaction that got from Stamps fans worried that he'd somehow convince Stamps ownership that he & not John Hufnagel should be running the on field side of the Stampeders.

small correction, Ritchie was hired before Bauer, which is why Bauer was so quick to fire him when things started slipping. He wasn't Bauers guy and there was a clash there. Ritchie wanted to be the guy in charge and so did Bauer. Too many cooks in the kitchen. 

Bauer removed Ritchie partly because Ritchie had health issues. Ritchie also loved his vets and that team had gotten old fast. The 2001 Grey Cup appearance was an illusion. There record was not really indicative of the level of that team. Somewhat similar to LaPo's Grey Cup year...a 7 and 1 start and then holding on. Those things distort the actual stat of a team.

Bauer removed Ritchie partly because Ritchie had health issues. Ritchie also loved his vets and that team had gotten old fast. The 2001 Grey Cup appearance was an illusion. There record was not really indicative of the level of that team. Somewhat similar to LaPo's Grey Cup year...a 7 and 1 start and then holding on. Those things distort the actual stat of a team.

Not that it's really relevent to the "What's The Problem" topic title but I don't really agree the 2001 Grey Cup appearence was an illusion.

The year before the rebuild from Reinbold finally clicked in.  They finished strong and won a playoff game.

Then 2001.  14-4. 

The year after the finished 12-6 and lost the Western Final by 3 points with Stegall and Roberts both injured. 

Even 2003 they finished 11-7 and hosted a playoff game.  That's the last time they won 11 regular season games. 

Year before they were the worst team in the league.

Then 2011.  10-8.

Then the worst team in the league (tied, technically)

Then this year...

Maybe setting the all time Bombers win record was a bit of an iillusion but making the Grey Cup was no fluke.  2011 was definitely a fluke.   

Not that it's really relevent to the "What's The Problem" topic title but I don't really agree the 2001 Grey Cup appearence was an illusion.

The year before the rebuild from Reinbold finally clicked in.  They finished strong and won a playoff game.

Then 2001.  14-4. 

The year after the finished 12-6 and lost the Western Final by 3 points with Stegall and Roberts both injured. 

Even 2003 they finished 11-7 and hosted a playoff game.  That's the last time they won 11 regular season games. 

Year before they were the worst team in the league.

Then 2011.  10-8.

Then the worst team in the league (tied, technically)

Then this year...

Maybe setting the all time Bombers win record was a bit of an iillusion but making the Grey Cup was no fluke.  2011 was definitely a fluke.   

By that same token then making the 2007 Grey Cup was a fluke too.

no it wasn't 2000 they made the players and even won a playoff game, yeah it was an average record but part of that was only finding their qb towards the end of the year. 2001 they were hands don the best team in the league, the following year they were still one of the top teams and arguably had a better offense than the previous year and lost on the skating rink in commonwealth in the west final without their top 2 offensive players. They won 11 games the year after that as well. Yeah the team got old, but Dave Ritchie wasn't a dummy, he knew how to get results and I don't doubt that he would have got holes fixed up because of that, but he didn't get that chance. The record had slipped so Bauer fired a guy he didn't like and hired an idiot. 

Kind of.  Sort of in between the other two GC appearences.  They at least made the playoffs in '06 and '08.  Where as they were the worst team in the league in '10 and '12.