Opposing Qb Totals The Last 3 Games...

I think Goltz left some plays on the field because once he found success in the first quarter he went away from what worked & tried to push the ball deeper downfield. The kid is a rookie starter. he needs help to stay  with what works. WE NEED A FREAKING QB COACH. Someone he can talk to after he comes off. Someone to discuss his selection of routes, pump him up when he needs it or give him **** when he screws up. Crowton can't talk to him as he is too busy with other stuff in a game.

How much did Pierce talk to him during the game? I think if Pierce wants to stay in Winnipeg in any capacity, he needs to step up a bit and take on the QB coach role. Prove he can help the young guys out more. Otherwise, why is he even here?

How much did Pierce talk to him during the game? I think if Pierce wants to stay in Winnipeg in any capacity, he needs to step up a bit and take on the QB coach role. Prove he can help the young guys out more. Otherwise, why is he even here?

I think the whole "Pierce is such a nice guy" thing is a bit of a facade. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I've never seen him help any of the QB's on the sideline, even when he was hurt bad and really couldn't play. You watch a good team and when the starter is sidelined and he's a vet, you almost always see him standing beside the HC and helping the QB that's filling in because that vet wants his team to win no matter what. Pierce seems somewhat satisfied watching his team fail when he's not starting. Yeah sure, you don't want someone taking your job, but you should thinking about your future as a coach or something.

I think the whole "Pierce is such a nice guy" thing is a bit of a facade. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I've never seen him help any of the QB's on the sideline, even when he was hurt bad and really couldn't play. You watch a good team and when the starter is sidelined and he's a vet, you almost always see him standing beside the HC and helping the QB that's filling in because that vet wants his team to win no matter what. Pierce seems somewhat satisfied watching his team fail when he's not starting. Yeah sure, you don't want someone taking your job, but you should thinking about your future as a coach or something.

He was in the press box sitting with Crowton with a head set on last year when he was out.

He was in the press box sitting with Crowton with a head set on last year when he was out.

I remember that. I thought it was more for his development (getting a different vantage etc.) than anything else.

I'd like to see him talk to Goltz during the game. Be the vet for a couple years and then move into the QB coach role for real. But if he isn't interested in doing that, doesn't take the initiative then I guess it isn't what he wants.

I have seats behind the Bomber bench and so I was able to watch the interaction between the QBs. 

Pierce looked like he was working well with Goltz through out the game.  They were constantly talking and going over things together.  Hall would poke his nose in there some times too.

When Goltz made a play Pierce was the first to congratulate him coming off the sidelines.

I have seats behind the Bomber bench and so I was able to watch the interaction between the QBs. 

Pierce looked like he was working well with Goltz through out the game.  They were constantly talking and going over things together.  Hall would poke his nose in there some times too.

When Goltz made a play Pierce was the first to congratulate him coming off the sidelines.

That's good to hear.

Ok, we'll then I take that back. When I watched last game it mostly looked like I saw him sitting on the bench.

But I agree with some others. We need a QB for our young Goltz to help him out. I don't think Buck is enough. And Crowton is too busy with the rest of the offence.

Our future qb coach is on our roster right  now. If I was Burke, I'd tell Buck his days are done & make him our qb coach. Let him stay with the organnization. If he says no  then cut him.

I'd rather leave Buck on the roster and use him when needed to come off the bench. But while he is doing that, help out the young guys. Then move him to QB coach in a couple of years. While I don't think he is starter material, I think he can be useful coming off the bench.

Not like we have a whole truck load of QB's right now that we can't keep the vet around.

Anyway, sounds like he is helping which is good.

Our future qb coach is on our roster right  now. If I was Burke, I'd tell Buck his days are done & make him our qb coach. Let him stay with the organnization. If he says no  then cut him.

Are you crazy!?!?!?!?! You want him passing his crappy QBing knowledge on to other people!?? Aren't we losing enough?

;)