Opposing Qb Totals The Last 3 Games...

Three things...  I admit that I was and am still trying to be excited about Burke as our coach... but...

- Our pre-season defence is actually pretty similar to our regular season D... I thought pre-season was just a big experiment but I was wrong.  Did we blitz Muamba or Wild at all...  I'm trying to remember...

- Did anyone else notice that the record that RIcky Ray broke last week was also against a Burke defence in 2008?  I wonder if Burke's record may be inflated because the east's offences were so horrible in 2009 and 2010

- Burke's entire defence is based around small and fast DBs... then he says to the media that if you're too small to tackle then you'll lose your job?  Good OLs destroy small DBs...  that's why most of the rest of the league is trending towards larger guys...  we need to blitz.

I want to keep Burke but I think we need to airlift in some experienced asst coaches...  This season is getting confusing.

Burke's defence has gotten too small placing the emphasis on speed instead. I felt sorry for our dline and linebackers getting absolutely pancaked by the oline of the Stamps.

I recall one blitz in the 3rd quarter I believe but the Stamps picked it up.

but that's the problem! the qb doesn't need time the receivers are that open! I mean just look at that first big play the stamps made, that receiver was never covered by anyone. Both of the tds the receivers were never covered either, the dbs were beaten clean the whole way. The zone they were playing gave all kinds of underneath room and then they missed tackles coming up to make the stop. There was no blanketing going on, just a hell of a lot of sloppy and downright blown coverages backed up with horrendous tackling. 

Exactly, they are just downright playing bad, not sure schemes matter at this point as the actual talent level and brain level on the field somes atrocious.

Well coached teams may have a bad quarter or a bad half but never have bad back to back games. They just happened to face two very good offences with hot QB's who exposed them for what they are.

Just happened? A rookie qb in his first start torched us for 376 yards & 3 tds. I like you're trying to find a silver lining in a black cloud but that's being too generous. A sack here, a pick there, some pressure to throw the ball sooner than he'd like may have  made the difference.  But as in the Argos game, the Bomber defense let both qbs get on a roll.

We came out strong,almost had an actual lead.  I was amazed, could not remember the last time that happened.

Then the D. let them march up and down the field.  The second half was brutal, they just pushed our D around like school girls.

Big changes need to be made asap, not sure they have the people in place to fix this.  We are going to get 'blasted' in B.C.

- Burke's entire defence is based around small and fast DBs... then he says to the media that if you're too small to tackle then you'll lose your job?  Good OLs destroy small DBs...  that's why most of the rest of the league is trending towards larger guys...  we need to blitz.

Those running plays in the second half were mostly due to our DL getting manhandled at the point of attack. Any team that relies on their DBs to stop the run or get pressure on the QB is in pretty serious trouble, no matter how bloody big they are. 

You just made my point...

A serviceable QB.

That's how your team bought some time.

I believe that's what was wanted for our org. also.

With a serviceable QB, we could be 2-3 or arguably 3-2.

That would buy some time for us.

It all starts with the QB...you must realize that.

('Course having an excellent coaching staff doesn't hurt)