Bombers release 4 more...

Have to get rid of all the Mack draft picks, apparently.

You do if you want to be good.  That guy was absolutely atrocious.  It will take 3 more years to rebuild our Canadian talent.

You might be right. I was thinking 1 or 2 years to restore the team to mediocrity but 3 might be more like it. Unfortunate, but true!

I'm tempted to look back at the draft history under Mack... but terrified to see the results.... The only possible redeeming factor would be if one or all of Muamba, Mulumba, and Bilukidi become serviceable CFLers one day... or returns to all-star form in Muamba's case 

OK, I did it anyways...

2013: (1) Mulumba, (2) Robertson, (3) Fitzgerald, (4) DiCroce, (6) Stephen Alli, (7) Billy Pavlopolous 

2012: (1) Pencer, (3) Aprile*, (3) Biukidi, (4) Rene Stephen, (4) Jake Thomas

2011: (1) Henoc, (1) Jade, (3) Brendan Dunn, (4) Swiston, (5) Volny, (6) Liam Mahoney

2010: (2) Watson, (4) Chris Smith, (4) Woodson, (6) Greaves  

Bold = still with team

Italics = good player, or high potential

*traded for Bucknor, so still valuable

Please let me know if I missed anyone/pertinent details... I know Kito Poblah should fit in there somewhere but I forget where cuz he was a supplemental pick

OK, I did it anyways...

2013: (1) Mulumba, (2) Robertson, (3) Fitzgerald, (4) DiCroce, (6) Stephen Alli, (7) Billy Pavlopolous 

2011: (1) Henoc, (1) Jade, (3) Brendan Dunn, (4) Swiston, (5) Volny, (6) Liam Mahoney

Bold = still with team

Please let me know if I missed anyone/pertinent details... I know Kito Poblah should fit in there somewhere but I forget where cuz he was a supplemental pick

Swiston is still with the team.

OK, I did it anyways...

Bold = still with team

Woodson was valuable in that he netted us a NI-OL (who subsequently retired) and a third round pick in this years draft .. yes .. we had to give up our 5th .. but I think that still puts us ahead ..  heh.

OK, I did it anyways...

Bold = still with team

Poblah counted as our 2012 1st rd pick, but was taken in 2011.

OK, I did it anyways...

Bold = still with team

Poblah was take in the 2011supplemental draft and cost us a first round pick in the 2012 draft. So I'd put him there.

OK, I did it anyways...

Bold = still with team

Good list. Of all bolded guys I'd only have Greaves as solid and he's no all-star. Jake Thomas will probably start this year but only due to lack of depth and having to start 7 canadians. Jake is a gamer but his like of size will be his undoing as monsters will dominate him. Watson is the only bolded guy who has all-star potential but since coming down with TPD (Tyson Pencer's Disease) he can't stay healthy. Volny is a decent reserve RB but hasn't impressed me as a breakout baller. Don't even think he's an above average blocker which is where your bread 'n butter is if you can't lug the piggy for 500+....

OK, I did it anyways...

Bold = still with team

Good list. Of all bolded guys I'd only have Greaves as solid and he's no all-star. Jake Thomas will probably start this year but only due to lack of depth and having to start 7 canadians. Jake is a gamer but his like of size will be his undoing as monsters will dominate him. Watson is the only bolded guy who has all-star potential but since coming down with TPD (Tyson Pencer's Disease) he can't stay healthy. Volny is a decent reserve RB but hasn't impressed me as a breakout baller. Don't even think he's an above average blocker which is where your bread 'n butter is if you can't lug the piggy for 500+....

I dunno... Greaves consistency and lack of any injury time off...  He is a relatively good pass blocker and a pretty good run blocker

Pretty sure I'd call him an all-star... he has only been getting better year after year as well.

OK, I did it anyways...

Bold = still with team

Swiston is still with the team.

My bad, I figured I'd miss one

OK, I did it anyways...

Bold = still with team

Woodson was valuable in that he netted us a NI-OL (who subsequently retired) and a third round pick in this years draft .. yes .. we had to give up our 5th .. but I think that still puts us ahead ..  heh.

We traded that pick and the 26th pick for Chris Randle.

Should the trading of Etienne's rights for Willy's right be included in the list?

OK, I did it anyways...

Bold = still with team

We traded that pick and the 26th pick for Chris Randle.

Should the trading of Etienne's rights for Willy's right be included in the list?

No, that makes life too complicated, but it is another sign that a) management is not willing to sit on a team that is clearly not good enough, and b ) Walters is trying to make some headway using what could be considered spare parts.  The two examples you listed, Poblah for Banks.  That's two players who hadn't made much headway here and two mid-draft picks that he turned into 3 starters.  None are NI's unfortunately, but at least they aren't wasted.

Being on a team isn't what we should be looking at.  It's the NI starters who are the difference makers.  Between 2010 and 2013 we had 5 top 4 overall picks including 2 first overall (Muamba/Poblah).  Only 1 became a starter.  I haven't checked, but I doubt any other team had more top end picks during that time frame.