The TV Thread

53 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well this was kind of expected

http://tvline.com/2017/05/12/2-broke-girls-cancelled-season-7-cbs/

this is going to end up running longer that Law and Order OG isn't it?

http://tvline.com/2017/05/12/law-order-svu-renewed-season-19-nbc/

well Is New Girl cancelled or not?

2 Broke...should make critics happy. I thought original L&O was 20 seasons?

I think New Girl will get a go for another.

the last new girl, I don't think this will be the last AR

also Code black has been renewed for a third season and thus ends the week of "oh god I hope my favourite show returns" My mother is mourning Last Man Standing, meanwhile I'm mourning the loss of 6 cast members from Once, except I'm pretty sure Henry is being recast

Edited by iHeart

12 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

NBC's fall schedule.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-st-nbc-2017-schedule-20170514-story.html

Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders?!?!

I remember hearing about that L&O plan.  I think it was due to the success of the dramatic presentation of the OJ case.  Lots of really interesting cases out there they could tackle.

46 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I remember hearing about that L&O plan.  I think it was due to the success of the dramatic presentation of the OJ case.  Lots of really interesting cases out there they could tackle.

yeah for some reason OJ's little story became so popular that everyone wants to do high profile cases. Season 2 of Crime Story is supposed to cover Hurricane Katrina, Season 3 is supposed to cover the Versace murder

Do you know what I just revisited today? The Surreal life fame games. you know that spin-off of that reality show the surreal life where they would put 6-7 hasbeens in Glen Campbell's former mansion except the fame games took place in Vegas? Do I miss the surreal life? yes do I want it to come back? I don't know this is what we would normally see every season;

one rapper, one hot babe (the first two seasons had former baywatch cast members), one sitcom star, one ex-movie star, one reality star, and just one entertainer. I don't even remember who was in the second season, all I remember is Vanilla Ice, Ron Jeremy, Traci Bingham, some chick that was on the real world, and Tammy Faye Bakker-Messner I think there was one more I forgot who though because seasons 2 and 3 had 6 house guests *checks IMDB* oh it was Erik Estrada, how could I have forgotten about that one

if that show aired today, there would be too many reality stars in there, I can easily see an ex-real housewife in there, and at least one internet star, but either way there would be one reality star too many in there

Edited by iHeart

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

i thought this was a terrible idea. But this trailer is pretty good. 

I remember watching GLOW: Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling when I was young. That and NWA/WCW Main Event filled the void after WWF Saturday Morning Superstars (and the odd Saturday Night Main Event). 

I'm looking forward to this series. 

I'm looking forward to Godless (on Netlfix). I'm a sucker for Westerns.

From IMDB: Frank Griffin, an outlaw terrorizing the 1880s American West, hunts down Roy Goode, his partner turned enemy. Roy hides out at a ranch as Frank's chase leads him to La Belle, New Mexico - a town mysteriously made up entirely of women.

I'm not sure when episodes are being released.

(I miss Deadwood)

3 hours ago, The Zipp said:

wow....that looks terrible...not a good terrible either...

This came to mind... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(TV_series)

You know they could have just made a Galaxy Quest series and it would have all been all right.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg