The TV Thread

I love Seth McFarlane and pretty much anything he does, but my thoughts on space bullshit are well known. Even if it's somewhat making fun of Star Trek and it's nerd following, I just can't watch something with weird alien people on a space ship....

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I love Seth McFarlane and pretty much anything he does, but my thoughts on space bullshit are well known. Even if it's somewhat making fun of Star Trek and it's nerd following, I just can't watch something with weird alien people on a space ship....

How DARE you...

58 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Somewhere in another part of the universe is an intelligent species that resembles lizards and among them is an individual who can not watch space shows that feature pink skinned aliens.

8 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Actually The Orville looks funnier and more entertaining then I thought it would be.  Not that it looks that good, just that my expectations for anything with Seth McFarlane in it was just so low.  I may watch it just as a guilty pleasure.

I didn't think it looked that bad, nothing must see, but i might check it out. I wasn't a big ST fan and movies like Galaxy Quest were kinda meh for me, but I do like Seth McFarlane so i'm willing to see his spin on space (other than those family guy star wars spoofs)

19 hours ago, Noeller said:

McFarlane seems to be a huge fan of Star Trek though so I would say it's less about making fun of it and rather paying homage to. So you don't even get your wish there. 

I hope he'll get a nice send-off on saturday even though his only well known character is Drunk Uncle (but then again, Hader's best known character was Stefon and he got a really good send-off)

http://tvline.com/2017/05/17/bobby-moynihan-leaving-saturday-night-live-snl-nbc/#comment-list-wrapper

and Dennis Quaid will be playing George W Bush in American Crime Story: Katrina...wait a minute, why are they filming the one for Versace now? when they cast George W Bush

http://tvline.com/2017/05/17/dennis-quaid-cast-katrina-american-crime-story-george-w-bush-fx/

Edited by iHeart

10 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

American Crime Story: Katrina sounds like a big stretch for a show.

I tend to agree.  Im interested in seeing it because Im guessing its a bigger scandal than I can appreciate.  But when they announced more seasons after OJ and said they had a wealth of stories to dramatize, "Katrina" didnt immediately come to mind.

yeah it doesn't really strike me either, I mean I know they messed up big time with Katrina (and by they I mean FEMA and the US government) but I barely remember anything of it, I am well aware of Versace's story though and why it is being filmed before Katrina?

On 5/18/2017 at 0:21 PM, iHeart said:

yeah it doesn't really strike me either, I mean I know they messed up big time with Katrina (and by they I mean FEMA and the US government) but I barely remember anything of it, I am well aware of Versace's story though and why it is being filmed before Katrina?

American Greed did an episode on Mayor Ray Nagin. There was lots of fraud, corruption, bribes, money laundering etc.  I think Nagin looked at Sam Katz's business dealings and said hold my beer.