The TV Thread

On 2023-06-01 at 10:22 AM, Noeller said:

Lasso finale was spectacular... the ending a show that great deserves. This final season has been full of some amazing moments, and I believe, a couple of the best episodes of the series entire run. I laughed SO hard last night watching the finale, and had moments where I thought I might cry. It was beautiful, with all the feels, without being melodramatic and obvious. Brilliant swerves and tied up loose ends nicely. 

Agreed- almost perfect series finale. Great episode. 

"I laughed, I cried, it became a part of me".  -Selma Hacker.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

21 hours ago, iHeart said:

it's going to be on City, so maybe if it's successful.....nah Rex would make those detectives look like fools

https://tvline.com/2023/06/05/law-order-criminal-intent-spinoff-toronto-ordered-to-series/

Not my favourite L & O series but welcome nonetheless. It does point out the dearth of fresh ideas in TV series, though.

Wife and I watch all 3 LO's that are out now and really enjoy them, but man....a Canadian production -version of it...... does not seem like a good idea. I don't want to **** on Canadian arts, because musically, I am a big supporter......but, like, a ******* "Hudson and Rex" version of LO: CI seems like the worst thing ever, and a way to completely taint the brand that **** Wolf has built. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Wife and I watch all 3 LO's that are out now and really enjoy them, but man....a Canadian production -version of it...... does not seem like a good idea. I don't want to **** on Canadian arts, because musically, I am a big supporter......but, like, a ******* "Hudson and Rex" version of LO: CI seems like the worst thing ever, and a way to completely taint the brand that **** Wolf has built. 

I was thinking crossover not bringing a dog onto the show, but I don't expect them to do one (besides H&R is more of a comedy-drama than a drama-drama)

Edited by iHeart

19 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Sadly, after 40 hours of that train wreck (which i thoroughly enjoyed)- that is exactly how i felt.

Pretty miffed about the ending though... felt it was pretty weak.

Thoroughly enjoyable watching experience but when you cheer against and despise every character I knew no other way to feel. As someone else said the ending was telegraphed a bit but I didn't believe that would be the way it would go. I was wrong, it is over and now on to something a little less negative...

45 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Thoroughly enjoyable watching experience but when you cheer against and despise every character I knew no other way to feel. As someone else said the ending was telegraphed a bit but I didn't believe that would be the way it would go. I was wrong, it is over and now on to something a little less negative...

I balanced Succession with Barry and Ted Lasso.

Looking forward to Star Trek: Strange new worlds.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

Succession, Barry and Lasso were all great and I thought they all landed the plane just fine. The Lasso finale, in particular, was just an incredible hour of television. I desperately needed it to counter the negativity/cynicism of Succession/Barry....

2 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Season 7 of Billions is coming soon!

2 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I still need to check out Barry. You can only watch 3 seasons of Ted Lasso so many times right?

Barry get better as it goes on and it's solid entertainment. 

9 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Season 7 of Billions is coming soon!

An excellent show with excellent acting and a lot of plot twists. I look forward to season 7 as well.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think the next thing coming that I'm excited for is Righteous Gemstones, and the announcement of Winning Time S2 yesterday (coming in August) is exciting as well. Both really well done shows. 

Righteous Gemstones has some hilarious moments at times. A must watch if you like Danny McBride.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Succession, Barry and Lasso were all great and I thought they all landed the plane just fine. The Lasso finale, in particular, was just an incredible hour of television. I desperately needed it to counter the negativity/cynicism of Succession/Barry....

Never had a chance to watch Ted Lasso because I refuse to support Apple in any way, shape, or form. Wish there was another way. Someday I'll probably view it for sure.