Ted Laurent expected to sign with Ticats

hage retired, he wasn't being paid peanuts, burris is gone, he certainly wasn' tbeing paid peanuts.. traded shomari williams...

That right there is probably.. what? over 500,000 at least in salary they let go or lost to retirement or trades. If not a bit more... probably way more actually.

http://www.ticats.ca/roster/index/team/6

honestly 50 percent or more of that roster at this time last year... nobody heard of them.

You really think Collaros is making $200,000 less than Burris did last year?

Oh, I get it from the player for a respected coach angle, the up and coming team angle, the closer to home angle.

I'm just sick on teams in S. Ontario getting bail out $$ and crying poor and then doing this.

If those bastards want to do that, then cut teams in the West like Winnipeg a check first for all the $$$ we've sent your way over the years.

Don't neglect the angle of offering him six whores in a Cadillac as a signing bonus!

Bob Young has claimed to lose $$$ every year that he has owned the team.

Bob Young spends like a druken sailor on shore leave every year.

I don't like this.

You'd hate it even more with a non competitive team in S. Ontario with shrinking attendence and shrinking S. Ontario TV ratings.

Sure, that justifies everything. You're sounding like a Rider fan.

It's reality. Do you really want boot strap teams in Ontario and low ratings and no fat TV contracts ?

I don't like this.

Has Hamilton violated the SMS once?  

Every team is spending within a $300,000 window on players.  If you're appalled at what Bob Young spends, you should be appalled by every team.

I wasn't really expecting us to sign Laurent but it still hurt to hear he signed with Hammy.... Hamilton could start Laurent, Bulke, and Butler on D and not miss a beat... they have some of the best NI talent in the league right now....

I suspect there wasn't really a bidding war but he named the teams he wanted which probably included Montreal and Edmonton

I don't like this.

Has Hamilton violated the SMS once?  

Every team is spending within a $300,000 window on players.  If you're appalled at what Bob Young spends, you should be appalled by every team.

The difference between the floor and the cap is about one overpaid Burris.  Player salaries would almost qualify as a fixed cost under the current system.

The CFL is still a gate driven league and Young's losses are about a lack of stadium-generated revenue.  Not signing Laurent won't save them much money; signing him greatly increases their chances of a winning season which is still the single most successful way of increasing stadium-generated revenues.

Damn.  I was hoping we'd get Lauent.

I had no expectations that he'd end up here, but yeah, hoping.  If you take money out of the equation we didn't really have much to tempt him with.  That needs to change by doing some winning this year.  Other teams have money too.

I don't like this.

You'd hate it even more with a non competitive team in S. Ontario with shrinking attendence and shrinking S. Ontario TV ratings.

Sure, that justifies everything. You're sounding like a Rider fan.

It's reality. Do you really want boot strap teams in Ontario and low ratings and no fat TV contracts ?

You can quit skirting the issue. Teams down east are all crying poor then they go out & outbid other teams for players. We hear this all the time how boo hoo poor the teams down east are. I don't believe anything Cohon says about league finances.  He reminds me of a slick used car salesman & Braley owns the dealership. 

Ah yes, Braley the same guy who might just have saved the CFL….what a nasty bugger and a total villain, but isn't it a good thing he came along?

Braleys money was great for the CFL, Braley himself is a **** stain on the league. 

a whole lotta this. **** David Braley...

How many commissioners has Braley personally run out of the league over the years?  The league might not have needed him to save the Argos if it weren't for his backstabbing and meddling throughout the years.

And anyone remember when all the teams ponied up a bunch of cash to gift to the the Ticats and Argos a couple years ago to help them with "marketing"?  Wasn't that the same year that Toronto hosted and won the Grey Cup too?  Meanwhile the Bombers are stuck in a cycle of crappiness while they are embarassed year after year by teams in much larger cities that they're paying to keep competitive financially.

I don't think you can relate the general ineptness that has been the Bombers over the last few years, especially, to the success that TO has had in the recent past, and Ham., only lately, because they hired the right people.

We didn't.

An entire new thread would have to be made on Braley, perhaps titled Good vs Evil..caught in between.