Jade Etienne

Brandon

Kent getting cut was Mack's call. Etienne was LaPo's pick. The challenge is we paid to develop him and he'll be a FA in Feb. better resign him before the Ottawa draft or you protect a guy you would likely loss either to Ottawa or the LaBatte ...I want to play here party line and then go to Regina...how could you blame him.

Kent was a coaching decision made by Lapo and the defensive coaches (including Burke).

If everything remains on its current pace Jade will go 50 or so catches for 800 or so yards and the team will win 5 or so games.  So you have to at least consider the possiblity that someone other then Joe Mack will be making that call.  Makes it hard to predict how that scenario will play out. 

There are people who think Nate Coehoorn's stats of about 50 catches for 800 yards last year was subpar. Same with Iannuzzi in BC. Why then is it okay for Etienne?? First round picks in their third year should be at least as good as that if not better. Just askin'...

There are people who think Nate Coehoorn's stats of about 50 catches for 800 yards last year was subpar. Same with Iannuzzi in BC. Why then is it okay for Etienne?? First round picks in their third year should be at least as good as that if not better. Just askin'...

I think Iannuzzi and Coehoorn would be great additions to the Bombers.  That being said, Etienne is 2 years younger than Iannuzzi and three years younger than Coehoorn.  Let's see how good Jade is in 2015.  Hopefully by then we have a QB who can throw to him.

I think you're misinterpretting what people were saying about Coehoorn or Ianuzzis stats. They said they were good but hardly ground breaking numbers. If Etienne can put up 800 yards as the what? 4th or 5th receiver that's pretty damned good for a guy in that position and given his young age could lead to him becoming a more focal part of the offense and getting more numbers in the future. 

I think you're misinterpretting what people were saying about Coehoorn or Ianuzzis stats. They said they were good but hardly ground breaking numbers. If Etienne can put up 800 yards as the what? 4th or 5th receiver that's pretty damned good for a guy in that position and given his young age could lead to him becoming a more focal part of the offense and getting more numbers in the future. 

Etienne isn't our 4th or 5th receiver, more like 2nd or 3rd, last game I think him and Denmark were targeted about the same amount.

Even if not injured, guys like Edwards are getting worse and worse, it's to the point where Etienne is looking just as good or better than him out there. He's at the very least playign with more grit then Edwards has the last year or so and seems to be able to take a hit better as well.

I think Iannuzzi and Coehoorn would be great additions to the Bombers.  That being said, Etienne is 2 years younger than Iannuzzi and three years younger than Coehoorn.  Let's see how good Jade is in 2015.  Hopefully by then we have a QB who can throw to him.

I would take Coehoorn's 2012 stats in a heartbeat. Having a Canadian slot with 50 catches for over 800 yards would have been huge for us last year. And huge this year. I think thaose kinds of stats go unappreciated most of the time.

I would take Coehoorn's 2012 stats in a heartbeat. Having a Canadian slot with 50 catches for over 800 yards would have been huge for us last year. And huge this year. I think thaose kinds of stats go unappreciated most of the time.

Mostly 'cause they're not true. 45 catches and 575 yards.

I'm certain, barring injury, Etienne ends up with more than that this season. It's still early, but if the offense does *anything* this season, he could end up with more yards than Coehoorn does this year.

Time will tell, of course, but with Watson also here (and hopefully getting healthy again) Etienne is a great second option and potentially first.

He has none .. also has no evidence to support his assertion that Mack cut Kent .. lot of hot air ..

and i dont know why he isn't called on it more... never has anything to ever support his crack pot theories...

When he was a bust the IMWT crowd repeatedly called him Lapo's pick.  Now that he's producing he's MAck's pick. 

I guess I'm part of the IMWT crowd by default only because I wasn't wringing my hands and screaming like some others were doing, but just saying that patience was a virture.  And I definitely think that was the message that most of the people who thought JE could one day be a great receiver for us were also saying.  I don't recall ever anyone saying that Etienne was Lapo's pick.  How could they support that?  They couldn't, as Mack is in charge of the draft.  JE has always been Mack's pick, and anyone with a brain who isn't in constant panic mode knew that JE would need a few years to grow stronger and get bigger.  He's done that.  Now he's contributing.  Why is that so hard for people to grasp?  I don't get how something positive always has to be turned into a negative around here.  It's just like the NDP...oh wait...I'm not getting political anymore on these boards....

Etienne isn't our 4th or 5th receiver, more like 2nd or 3rd, last game I think him and Denmark were targeted about the same amount.

yeah because our top 3 guys (whether you still believe Edwards is talented enough  or not to be there anymore is irrelevant he's a PIerce favourite to throw to) are injured. I'm not talking about in the games right now, just overall. 

I guess I'm part of the IMWT crowd by default only because I wasn't wringing my hands and screaming like some others were doing, but just saying that patience was a virture.  And I definitely think that was the message that most of the people who thought JE could one day be a great receiver for us were also saying.  I don't recall ever anyone saying that Etienne was Lapo's pick.  How could they support that?  They couldn't, as Mack is in charge of the draft.  JE has always been Mack's pick, and anyone with a brain who isn't in constant panic mode knew that JE would need a few years to grow stronger and get bigger.  He's done that.  Now he's contributing.  Why is that so hard for people to grasp?  I don't get how something positive always has to be turned into a negative around here.  It's just like the NDP...oh wait...I'm not getting political anymore on these boards....

yeah the only time I remember seeing anyone refer to Etienne as Macks pick was from people trying to avoid giving Mack credit for it when it looked like Etienne was showing progress this year in training camp. No one ever tried to call him Lapos pick to save mack from getting the blame for a bust... all everyone said was have some patience with the kid before tossing him under the bus.

The most amazing part is that it looks like Etienne is going to turn out to be better than Poblah. 

because hands trump hype and so far Poblah hasn't shown that he catches the ball as well as Etienne. Will be interesting to see if Poblah gets in at SB at all since the buzz is he's more suited to be inside than outside. 

I just want to see what a healthy Poblah can do. It seems like he is constantly plagued by injury. So far Jade is looking like a better pick......and very few of us can say we saw that coming.

I know hindsight is 20-20 but imagine if we had taken Laurent over Poblah...

I know we didn't want to give up our first AND second round picks but we honestly should've taken them both.

I don't think that's how it works.  I think that because we took Poblah with our future first round pick, we went to the back of the line.  Edmonton was #2 in line that year I believe. 

because hands trump hype and so far Poblah hasn't shown that he catches the ball as well as Etienne. Will be interesting to see if Poblah gets in at SB at all since the buzz is he's more suited to be inside than outside. 

He hasn't shown that he catches the ball as well as Kolhert either.

I don't think that's how it works. I think that because we took Poblah with our future first round pick, we went to the back of the line. Edmonton was #2 in line that year I believe.

That's not how it works. It's more like a silent auction. Team that puts in the best bid gets the player. If more than one team bids the same round pick then the team with the higher waiver position gets the player.

That's not how it works. It's more like a silent auction. Team that puts in the best bid gets the player. If more than one team bids the same round pick then the team with the higher waiver position gets the player. There is no set order that the players are dealt with in the supplemental draft. Laurent could have been the first player through the process and Poblah last for all we know.

But....now bear with me because I am a little confused...lol...

The Bombers had the first pick, if they wanted it.  So, If they put a bid on a player, (Poblah), for a first rounder, then they get him, because they have first pick, but they also go to the back of the line...?  So if they bid a second rounder on Laurent as well, they have to hope that no one else bids a second on him, because they are last.

The way I believe it happened was, and I could be completely wrong on this :huh: , that everyone put a first round bid on Poblah and Winnipeg got him.  Then everyone put a second round bid on Laurent but Edmonton got him because they were next in line...I'm I even close?