TSN Off-Season Game Plan: Winnipeg Jets

Lawless reports chatter about buff plus 9 overall for first overall.

I don't know... I'd be on the fence. We would need to be very active in free agency. I'd like to see something come back. If not a player maybe floridas second round pick?

Everyday of the week for me, twice on fridays ;)

Need to come to reality, let's look at what the Jets are doing, They are  building through the youth, Scheif,Trouba,Morissey,Bogo even. They aren't contenders, for gods sake they  finished like last in the division didn't they? And thats with Nashvilles goalie Rinne missing 3/4 of the season. The Jets aren't winning anything any time soon.We have had 3 seasons of the same thing, Scheif draft at 7, (That was Atlantas last season though), next year, Trouba at 9, Year after in a shortened season at that, Morissey at 13, if full season, bet it would have been around 7 or 9 i'll bet.. This year Pick 9. There is a theme there outside of the last draft. What it says is we aren't good enough, we ain't in the top 15, we really aren't even that close, we are in the bottom 10! Consistently in the bottom 10.

Buff isn't part of the young core, Wheeler Kane Ladd Little have all re-signed,  Bogo,Toby also. Buff has not. There is a reason for this, Buff doesn't want to play forward and here in Winnipeg that's what he will be asked to do, Since it's apparent he don't want to and wants to play D, and we don't need him, We have 2 RD in Trouba and Bogo and not point in  Buff on pair 3... He will be moved. Believe it.  When this team wins, it won't be soon, Let's maybe not have a pick in the TOP 10 in a non shortened season before we talk about even competing but when they do actually start competing for playoff spots instead of competiting for last in the division with a team whose best player was injured 3/4 of the season, Buff won't be on it. You move him now cuz he's probably at his highest value Now, He actually was probably after 2011 but... You trade him now cuz well, you just do. It's smart to trade guys who aren't part of your future sooner rather than later.. especially guys like Buff, Here the rumour is actually Buff to Philly... If that's the case, Pick 17 and B Schenn coming (just signed a 2 year deal) (buff has 2 left). 

Change is needed. The jets have shown that they aren't really that good when you take off the Jets goggles, yeah they are fun to watch, it's exciting for sure but you know what... pick 7, pick 9, pick 13 (shortened season) and pick 9 again. It tells us all we really need to know. The current group ain't getting it done.

You trade Buff for the future any day of the week because Buff isn't part of our future. He ain't going to be here till he retires. It's not happening. If it's to Florida, Hell... I take that deal and make my pick b4 florida can actually change their mind.. Steal. You could have a very good to excellent player in your system for the next 10 years at the least. Buf ain't gonna be here in 10, probably not even 10 months if the Jets are smart. Hopefully not even 10 more hours. 

One of the challenges faced by the Jets in trade discussions is apart from acquiring trade choices there are too many NHL millionaires with no trade clauses that will declare Winnipeg " a no fly zone" when it comes to agreeing on a trade. Sad when the inmates run the prison.

I have no problem trading Buff.  i just think trading a core body AND our first rounder for a pick that wont play for a year leaves us even thinner when our big issue is lack of depth.

Bogo rumours gaining more traction.  I just dont know what to think about that.  By all accounts Bogo loves Winnipeg and is a stand up guy.  He has term.  He's our 1 or 2 RHD.  He's young.  I just dont know about trading him.  Though he would likely return a significant amount.  But it leaves our D thin. 

Burmistrov rumours out there, the bogo rumours don't really seem to be legit..

Kesler though has been traded

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 4s

Anaheim will trade Bonino, Sbisa plus 24th overall pick and teams will swap third-rounders once deal goes through

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...81437816659968

Havent seen the Burmi rumours.  What are they?

Peter tessier ( I think) reported two sources indicate Bogo in play.

Good deal for Ducks on the Kesler trade.  Vancouver, not so much.  They might end up in full re-build mode.  The twins are going to be 34 years old this upcoming season.  Might they look to make a real splash and trade them?  They'd look good in Pittsburgh!

Burmi could be the throw in to make a larger deal happen.  Chevy has seemed pretty determined to get what he wants for his core pieces.  And I see no reason why he shouldn't.  The Jets arent Vancouver - if we do nothing but pick 9th over all, we're still a good young team with good prospects and a bright future.  If we can get better, great but Chevy wants a top six player, a first round pick and a top prospect for Kane.  If he gets to the point where a team is willing to deal big but "needs something", Burmi could be the throw in.

Jets very very thin on the left side, ehlers immediately becomes their number 1 lw prospect, their other is blomqvist who wasn't even drafted...

I like this pick, Kids got speed to burn and is very good defensively, put on a little weight and he'll be good. The danish drouin they say. 

Jets trade of Eddie Pasquale to Washington likely sheds some light on their thoughts re: goaltending.  I'd strongly suspect that clears the way for hutch to be the Ice Caps starting goalie this season.  Rumours of Jets/Leafs in discussions at the draft regarding Reimer would add to that also.  I know most of us are enamoured with Hutch but to elevate him too fast serves no purpose.  They still have to get him under contract, which they will.

Jets also announce they will not qualify Matt Halischuk.  Im a bit surprised for a team lacking depth that they would not bring him back.  He's interchangable, yes, but I thought he was a good fourth line winger that worked hard and could pop in the occasional goal.  He could play up on the 3rd line when needed too.  I think maybe the Jets hoped for more offense out of him.

Again, this indicates the jets will have to be somewhat active in Free Agency as we still lack depth.

Jets out of the Stastny sweepstakes. However they apparently made a very impressive presentation.

I'm hoping we land jussi at least.

@garylawless: qualifying offers go out to #nhljets RFAs John Albert, Ben Chiarot, Patrice Cormier, Michael Hutchinson, Carl Klingberg & Eric O'Dell. #bn

Redmond is a UFA but I would hope we get him back. Surprised they didn't qualify Cody Sol.

Jets out of the Stastny sweepstakes. However they apparently made a very impressive presentation.

About 5 years ago I kicked the tires on a gorgeous brand new Dodge Challenger.  Purple.  "Plum Crazy".  So sweet.

Still bought the mini-van instead.

We were always out of the Stastny sweepstakes.

Stastny will be over paid, i'd rather someone else over pay him anyway. Never thought for one second we had a chance at him, i remember he was asked a while ago about the Jets returning and he said he wished it was Quebec City instead. 

We already have a paul stastny on a decent contract anyway, his name is bryan little. Jets didn't make qualifying offers to the following.. Halischuk, Ellerby,Wright.

About 5 years ago I kicked the tires on a gorgeous brand new Dodge Challenger. Purple. "Plum Crazy". So sweet.

Still bought the mini-van instead.

We were always out of the Stastny sweepstakes.

Rolls eyes.

we were always out of the stastny sweepstakes though. You are kidding yourself if you for even one second thought we had a chance to sign him. He doesn't care for Winnipeg, has made that known on more than one occasion.