CFL Draft Day Discussion Thread

Mike

penton tweeted that bc really wants to move up to #2 and is wondering if walters will give buono want he wants.

# 2 for #5 and #14 or keep #2.

I know they love the guy and nobody wants to give up a roster player, but if I'm Walters, I'm hardballing Buono. I don't want two picks for the #2, I want #5 and a guy like Haidara.

oh i agree, 2 picks isn't enough. I was thinking like #5 and westerman. But haidara works too. 

Hopefully they have more than one team interested in the 2nd pick.

Who does BC want?  Foucault?  They don't need Goossen.

read somewhere that several teams are interested in goosen, not just as a centre though. He is apparently quite versatile and can play guard also so really teams need these types of players, i think they probably want goosen maybe not as a centre though.

penton tweeted that bc really wants to move up to #2 and is wondering if walters will give buono want he wants.

# 2 for #5 and #14 or keep #2.

I know they love the guy and nobody wants to give up a roster player, but if I'm Walters, I'm hardballing Buono. I don't want two picks for the #2, I want #5 and a guy like Haidara.

oh i agree, 2 picks isn't enough. I was thinking like #5 and westerman. But haidara works too. 

I'd rather have Haidara to be honest.

Trading for Westerman without a contract could be quite detrimental in February. That could be argued it is more of a gamble than selecting a prospect.

Especially when he's not interested in signing a new one.

Trading down doesn't intrigue me.  I 'd be happy with Lavertu or Goosen as we NEED a center and the idea of converting Morley doesn't thrill me at all.  

Morley has always been barely good enough and would not be a starter on most other teams. If we can trade him for value, great. He won't be missed very much.

To me, the only team drafting Goossen to play C is the Bombers and mayyyyyyyyyybe Edmonton. Everyone else would be taking him at G.

Edmonton signed Sorensen, but could still challenge him.

Montreal just lost Flory, and their depth at guard is quite shallow. Plus LBJ is a rock.

BC has Matt Norman at C, who they drafted in 2012.

Toronto, Calgary, Sask and Hamilton I don't see actively pursuing him unless he dropped to them.

So is it basically a certainty that Ottawa is taking Lavertu?  

If Foucault didn't get the rookie camp offer, I'd say he is going #1... I still think they're fine at C with Krausnick, so I wouldn't be surprised if they still took the risk.