CFL Draft Day Discussion Thread

Mike

desjardins is really really stupid. What a dumb move, i'd get it if they got calgarys first round pick but not even? wow, just wow really.

It's not a huge move, if this is the type of offer walters gets for 2, id keep it.

There's no question that Jon Gott would be a better Centre RIGHT NOW for Ottawa.  From that perspective, the move makes sense.  They use a pick to get their starting centre, and probably a better one than they would have if they kept the pick.  The question is, how long will Gott be there, and will he be better than Lavertu long-term?

I'm going on record and predicting Calgary moved up to leapfrog Montreal. I think it's for Pruneau.

Great move if it is. They have Hecht/MacDougall right now, and I'm not sure either is capable.

It just makes sense. Like I said on Twitter I don't think 1 was the goal, I think they dealt to get ahead of Montreal AND BC, which they did.

Why would they deal a guard to draft a center to move their center to guard?

There's no question that Jon Gott would be a better Centre RIGHT NOW for Ottawa.  From that perspective, the move makes sense.  They use a pick to get their starting centre, and probably a better one than they would have if they kept the pick.  The question is, how long will Gott be there, and will he be better than Lavertu long-term?

the odd part to me in this trade is not getting a pick back, the trade is fine but... it just kind of boggles my mind that ottawa didnt get a pick back from calgary.

I'm going on record and predicting Calgary moved up to leapfrog Montreal. I think it's for Pruneau.

Great move if it is. They have Hecht/MacDougall right now, and I'm not sure either is capable.
It just makes sense. Like I said on Twitter I don't think 1 was the goal, I think they dealt to get ahead of Montreal AND BC, which they did.

Why would they deal a guard to draft a center to move their center to guard?

Means Bombers likely had shot at Gott for our number 2 pick under your scenario.

i thought prior to being selected by ottawa, that the rumor was hage would rather retire than play for the redblacks. them trading him kind of confirms this thought. Thought i heard this a few times prior to the expansion draft.