CFL Draft Day Discussion Thread

Mike

Who knows- the Tabbies may sour on him and perhaps trade his rights to the Bombers. I for one wouldn't mind seeing him in blue and gold in September.

Good that he's going back to UofM and I'm hoping he make a serious run to the NFL next year. I would like Walters to part with the rights of either Mulumba and Alli for his rights.

speaking of Bilukidi...

Cincinnati Bengals Defensive Depth Chart

The start of the 2014 NFL season can't come soon enough, but there's still plenty of work to be done before the Cincinnati Bengals are ready for the upcoming season.

With 90 player on the roster, the Bengals coaches must slowly cut that down to 53 over the next three months. On defense, most of the same names from the past two years are still here thankfully.

Defensive end Michael Johnson is the only starter not returning, meaning 10 of the 11 starting spots are accounted for.

The real competition comes in those backup spots, where there are many talented players, but not all of them will make it onto the final 53-man roster.

For now, here's a projection of what the Bengals defensive depth chart would look like if a preseason was being played today.

Pos.    1st String          2nd String            3rd String            4th String                5th String
DE      Carlos Dunlap       Robert Geathers       Sam Montgomery        James Davidson***    
NT      Domata Peko         Brandon Thompson      Christo Bilukidi        
DT      Geno Atkins*        Devon Still           Larry Black        
DE      Wallace Gilberry    Margus Hunt           Dontay Moch           Will Clarke**             David King
WLB     Vontaze Burfict     Taylor Mays*          Marquise Flowers**        
MLB     Rey Maualuga        Vincent Rey           J.K. Schaffer         Bruce Taylor    
SLB     Emmanuel Lamur*     Jayson DiManche       Sean Porter*          Brandon Joiner*    
CB      Leon Hall*          Dre Kirkpatrick       Darqueze Dennard**    Lavelle Westbrooks**      Onterio McCalebb
SS      Reggie Nelson       Taylor Mays*          Shawn Williams        
FS      George Iloka        Danieal Manning       Isaiah Lewis***        
CB      Terence Newman      Adam Jones            Chris Lewis-Harris    R.J. Stanford    

*Recovering from surgery
**Draft Pick
***Undrafted Free Agent

By no means is this meant to be a prediction of what the 53-man roster will look like. This is simply what the depth chart would look like entering Day 1 of training camp, as it's hard to see it changing any through padless-OTA partices.

Rookies like Darqueze Dennard, Marquise Flowers and Will Clarke will work their way up the depth chart as training camp and the preseason progresses.

There will also be a few players currently projected a 2nd-stringers, like Taylor Mays, Jayson DiManche and Robert Geathers, could find themselves on the wrong side of the roster bubble when final cuts are being made.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/5/28/5754108/cincinnati-bengals-depth-chart

Not surprising, but it's still nice to keep tabs on him as Bomber fans.  If he doesn't stick he will likely still try and land on another roster.  Some players will hold out quite a while for that opportunity because once they've signed in the CFL they've closed those doors for at least the length of their contract.  If a team needs a body in November, Bilukidi can't take advantage once he's in blue and gold.  50-50 he's here in September.

Has bilukidi shown even a tiny bit of interest in coming to the CFL at all, cuz i haven't seen or read one article or quote from him where he even mentions the CFL as an option.

Sure, it would be nice to see him here but i'm highly doubting it happens.

Has bilukidi shown even a tiny bit of interest in coming to the CFL at all, cuz i haven't seen or read one article or quote from him where he even mentions the CFL as an option.

He hasn't shown any interest in the CFL because he is still playing in the NFL.  If he gets cut and can't catch on anywhere, I'm sure he will consider the CFL.  His agent is Darren Gill, who represents many CFL players, so you can be sure he is aware that the option to join the Bombers is out there.

He had to file paperwork to become eligible for the draft, it wasn't automatic.

some tidbits re Mulumba....

Not Guaranteed a Roster Spot
  1. Andy Mulumba – An undrafted free agent out of Easter Michigan, Mulumba started 3 games for the Packers last season and flashed some potential, despite having only 1 sack on the season.  With the addition of Peppers, Bradford and Hubbard, Mulamba will need to tap into that potential if he wants to secure a roster spot again this year.

http://packerstalk.com/2014/05/29/power-ranking-the-packers-edge-rushers/

while we're at it... here's Henoc Muamba's contract...

Year    Base       Prorated   Roster   Workout   Other   Cap         Dead       Cap
        Salary     Bonus      Bonus    Bonus     Bonus   Number      Money      Savings
2014    $420,000   $0         $0       $0        $0      $420,000    $107,000   $313,000
2015    $510,000   $0         $0       $0        $0      $510,000    $0         $510,000
2016    $600,000   $0         $0       $0        $0      $600,000    $0         $600,000

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Henoc%20Muamba&Position=ILB&Team=Colts

while we're at it... here's Henoc Muamba's contract...

Year    Base       Prorated   Roster   Workout   Other   Cap         Dead       Cap

Salary     Bonus      Bonus    Bonus     Bonus   Number      Money      Savings

2014    $420,000   $0         $0       $0        $0      $420,000    $107,000   $313,000

2015    $510,000   $0         $0       $0        $0      $510,000    $0         $510,000

2016    $600,000   $0         $0       $0        $0      $600,000    $0         $600,000

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Henoc%20Muamba&Position=ILB&Team=Colts

He left us for that meager amount of money? Pa-shaw....

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=453766

Guess we can put this here,

Not our property but property of the als... vaughn martin released by the detroit lions.

Might have lost out on laurent but if the als could get this guy to come up here, look out.

I'm willing to part with our 1st rounder next year to get him.

I'm not.  He's a role player at best in the CFL, he brings little to a pass rush which is about 70% of the game, at least until he loses a whole lot of bulk.  He's also 28.  

Not our property but property of the als... vaughn martin released by the detroit lions.

Might have lost out on laurent but if the als could get this guy to come up here, look out.

I'm not.  He's a role player at best in the CFL, he brings little to a pass rush which is about 70% of the game, at least until he loses a whole lot of bulk.  He's also 28.

I wouldn't want to either... Next years supposed to be a pretty good class also. I'm really hoping we keep the first four rounds, and try and steal some other teams picks

I'm not. He's a role player at best in the CFL, he brings little to a pass rush which is about 70% of the game, at least until he loses a whole lot of bulk. He's also 28.

I wouldn't want to either... Next years supposed to be a pretty good class also. I'm really hoping we keep the first four rounds, and try and steal some other teams picks

We already owe Hamilton our 4th rounder (up to 2nd rounder) in the Brian Brohm trade.