Great Bombers article from Gary Lawless today

At least Walters is liked by Lawless, that's half the battle right there.

Imo, Mack/Butchko were just brought in to be penny counters until the new revenue streams came on line, neither guy was capable of guiding a CFL club to any on field success. However, when you tank in the CFL, the reward is supposed to be Canadian depth, which Walters was to be stock piling for us. For whatever reason, Mack should have let Walters do his job, to me that was his biggest failing.

Another drive by of the past regime? Come on that's lazy writing. Seems like he's tooting Walters horn when maybe he should be tooting Millers horn more. It's the CEO not the GM who gives out more money for operations staff. And let's be honest here, Walters based on his experience level should be making less money as a GM too. It's an article that really is Lawless' MO. Hype up the people he likes while cutting down people he doesn't. There's nothing ground breaking there and until we see the results on the field it's all just self serving. 

It was Kyle that said he went through the budget with a fine tooth comb, and that he was going to move money around...He may have gotten more money from the CEO, but he is still doing a very good job regardless of your personal biases!

17, I didn't attack you. I didn't call you names or say you said anything bad other than telling you to get over Mack's firing. If you took offense then I apologize. You went into a defense of Joe Mack on this thread right away primarily because Lawless had kind words to say about the present regime. Somehow that seems to get under your skin whenever it happens. You are probably one of the only ones here who still thinks the man was hard done by. Very few shed any tears for the man when he was fired. He's not missed now.

Wait until we start 2-7 and see what Lawless says.  He will turn like he always does and try to say he said it all along.  All this article is about is Lawless telling us how smart he is and stupid the Bombers have been.  

About the Sinopoli thing, maybe Mack was trying to be funny with Gary...as in, who wants a canadian QB?

One thing about our staff he leaves out is a 71 year old QB with no CFL experience.  Not huge, but still he left it out.

I'm not getting too excited.  I've been let down hard before.  I'll wait and see what they can prove on the field.  

Just playing devil's advocate here.

Wow. I must have missed the signing of a 71 year old QB!! Who did we get Ploen back?? :)

A positive article from our extremely negative media and the thread boils down to a bickerfest yet again..

When did MBB become OB?

Well, we did all migrate there to here so why should things be any different?

Yeah but Spuds came over so it got ruined.

;)

Wait until we start 2-7 and see what Lawless says.  He will turn like he always does and try to say he said it all along.  All this article is about is Lawless telling us how smart he is and stupid the Bombers have been.  

About the Sinopoli thing, maybe Mack was trying to be funny with Gary...as in, who wants a canadian QB?

One thing about our staff he leaves out is a 71 year old QB with no CFL experience.  Not huge, but still he left it out.

I'm not getting too excited.  I've been let down hard before.  I'll wait and see what they can prove on the field.  

Wow. I must have missed the signing of a 71 year old QB!! Who did we get Ploen back?? :)

You missed the signing of the QB coach?

It's exciting that they are rebuilding the organization, but one fear I have is that they won't stick to investing in football operations if the wins don't come quickly, within the next couple seasons, and the stands aren't full.  It's good to try to do this now because they have some time before they need to start paying the stadium debt, but that pressure is coming.  The way to justify the spending is to have a winning team and full stadium, I just hope the board is patient enough to see it through.

At risk of igniting the debt debate I think they are okay until the NDP get ousted. Then all bets are off as far as what they might have to pay back.

The sneaky NDP "sponsorships" to help cover some costs (like traffic issues) might not be there under a PC government

I'm all for public investment on IGF (even though I'm a conservative at heart) but I suspect in time that dept will be somehow forgiven.

A positive article from our extremely negative media and the thread boils down to a bickerfest yet again..

When did MBB become OB?

Well, we did all migrate there to here so why should things be any different?

Yeah but Spuds came over so it got ruined.

;)

Logan, yer dead.

Meh, Lawless has a point, but as usual in the rare instances he actually knows what he's talking about, still manages to throw enough crap in it that the effect diminishes.

What an utterly useless, stupid post.

This has as much insight as a Lawless article.  No wonder you like him.

You missed the signing of the QB coach?

Zooom...I heard the plane...did you see it?  It flew over your head just now.

Bass said we signed a 71 year old QB (instead of saying QB Coach).  Bomber was just making a joke that he made it sound like we just signed a 71 year old Quarterback.

Meh, Lawless has a point, but as usual in the rare instances he actually knows what he's talking about, still manages to throw enough crap in it that the effect diminishes.

What an utterly useless, stupid post.

This has as much insight as a Lawless article. No wonder you like him.

My remarks were clear and concise. Insight not required since the content pointed directly to a conclusion that was both accurate and clear.

It's unfortunate you have such blind hatred for lawless. Try injecting some insight into your own posts

Mack was ignorant of the CDN game and, seemingly, too arrogant to let others in his employ who did understand it (Walters) make decisions. 

He was also completely out of touch when it came to Free Agency and obviously was above or didn't understand the importance of working with GM's from rival clubs. 

Thats on him. 

However, its come out his wife is/was battling cancer, and speaking from experience I can see how his focus might've been elsewhere.

He simply was not the right man or in the right position to do the job. 

However, the media -- especially Neckless -- does seem to have a boner for Walters, simply because he gives interviews and returns calls. And I agree with 17-85, some of his decisions have been fair at best. 

17, I didn't attack you. I didn't call you names or say you said anything bad other than telling you to get over Mack's firing. If you took offense then I apologize. You went into a defense of Joe Mack on this thread right away primarily because Lawless had kind words to say about the present regime. Somehow that seems to get under your skin whenever it happens. You are probably one of the only ones here who still thinks the man was hard done by. Very few shed any tears for the man when he was fired. He's not missed now.

You can't offend me and that's not what I'm talking about. I told you in another thread when you said how tired you were of this argument that if you'd stop with the blind hatred I'd stop calling you out on it but you jumped right in here so you can't blame me for wondering why you had the change of heart right?  If you want to have a rational discussion about Joe Mack I'm all ears but all you do is ***** and ***** and ***** and blame him for everything under the sun even if it's not right.