I Understand This Topic Has Been Beaten To Death But....

CodyT

4 for 7 with one pick coming off the bench. I'm sure we could get that kind of production from one of our nobodies.

Boggles my mind that somone can suggest we are wasting our time with Pierce or that Glenn would be an upgrade. If he showed up tomorrow he'd play a few good games and a few bad ones and he'd ultimatley **** the bed like he always does.

Glenn may not be a fantastic QB at this point in his career but man would he ever be an upgrade to Pierce in this particular offense.

Other than 2007 I don't think Glenn has ever been a "fantastic QB"

However he has been a reliably decent QB that may not just straight up win you a game but will manage the game such that if your defense keeps the score low AND you have play makers on offense you can consistently win games

Other than 2007 I don't think Glenn has ever been a "fantastic QB"

However he has been a reliably decent QB that may not just straight up win you a game but will manage the game such that if your defense keeps the score low AND you have play makers on offense you can consistently win games

He only played well for half of 2007.

He might also lose you a game with a KG special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZOgF4EbWO8

4 for 7 with one pick coming off the bench. I'm sure we could get that kind of production from one of our nobodies.

Boggles my mind that somone can suggest we are wasting our time with Pierce or that Glenn would be an upgrade. If he showed up tomorrow he'd play a few good games and a few bad ones and he'd ultimatley **** the bed like he always does.

Yes because an interception thrown with 18 seconds left in the game when you are down 21-36 really counts.

Glenn had one series in that game - albeit that one series was a 2 and out (an incomplete pass to price and got sacked, I can't remember the pass but I think he was forced to throw it away because the pressure was coming and noone got open)

After that he came back on with 46 seconds left, went 4-5 with the last throw being an INT that he probably wouldn't have thrown if Calgary wasn't forced to long bomb to have any chance at winning the game.

He only played well for half of 2007.

He might also lose you a game with a KG special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZOgF4EbWO8

I'm not saying he was a worldbeater and yeh, Glenn has a tendency to try and force the pass to the long side of the field where an INT often ends up being a TD.

He also tends to be good enough to get you a win if the rest of your team plays well.

Yes because an interception thrown with 18 seconds left in the game when you are down 21-36 really counts.

Glenn had one series in that game - albeit that one series was a 2 and out (an incomplete pass to price and got sacked, I can't remember the pass but I think he was forced to throw it away because the pressure was coming and noone got open)

After that he came back on with 46 seconds left, went 4-5 with the last throw being an INT that he probably wouldn't have thrown if Calgary wasn't forced to long bomb to have any chance at winning the game.

Fine the intereeption is a wash but I'm sure we've got a guy on our bench that can throw a pass away and then take a sack.

He's not a winner, he's never going to be a winner and all this pining away for Kevin Glenn makes me want to barf.

Fine the intereeption is a wash but I'm sure we've got a guy on our bench that can throw a pass away and then take a sack.

He's not a winner, he's never going to be a winner and all this pining away for Kevin Glenn makes me want to barf.

Not sure about the not a winner... he's basically been a starter since 2005 - 8 years in the league (although I would discount 2008 since he obviously wasn't fully recovered from the broken arm injury, either mentally or physically)

In the 8 years he has taken his team to the Grey Cup twice - only lost it once (since 2007 isn't on him) and only really had a complete team surrounding him in three of those 8 years (2005 our Defense was horrific - He played well on offense but couldn't compete with the number of points our defense was giving up - 2006 we were decent but he was also injured with a partial ACL tear, 2007 we had a good team and in Calgary he had a good team - Every other year the team surrounding him wasn't very good)

Glenn isn't a guy who is going to carry his team, but also isn't a guy his team needs to carry - I think if we had a QB like that we could be very dangerous since I think the team surrounding Buck is pretty spectacular.  I hope Buck proves me wrong but even when healthy it has felt like Buck is being carried by his team over the last couple of years.

Not sure about the not a winner... he's basically been a starter since 2005 - 8 years in the league (although I would discount 2008 since he obviously wasn't fully recovered from the broken arm injury, either mentally or physically)

In the 8 years he has taken his team to the Grey Cup twice - only lost it once (since 2007 isn't on him) and only really had a complete team surrounding him in three of those 8 years (2005 our Defense was horrific - He played well on offense but couldn't compete with the number of points our defense was giving up - 2006 we were decent but he was also injured with a partial ACL tear, 2007 we had a good team and in Calgary he had a good team - Every other year the team surrounding him wasn't very good)

Glenn isn't a guy who is going to carry his team, but also isn't a guy his team needs to carry - I think if we had a QB like that we could be very dangerous since I think the team surrounding Buck is pretty spectacular.  I hope Buck proves me wrong but even when healthy it has felt like Buck is being carried by his team over the last couple of years.

You guys all have transplanted "backup QB" sydrome but instead of calling for the guy on the bench you are calling for the never was who is a career 50/50 nobody.

In 2007 he had one of the best lines, RB's and receivers in the league and he only looked good for half the year. He limped into the playoffs, could barely beat marcus brady in the eastern Semi final. Once teams figured out his quick relase he was pretty much nullified.

I'll be the first to hand you the barf bag. Here it is. No go in the bathroom, shut the door & puke your lungs out, dude.

Pierce, when healthy, is a better QB than Glenn.  That's why even with the success Glenn has had, teams can't wait to get rid of him or relegate him to a backup role.  Meanwhile Pierce can barely stay healthy two weeks in a row and has been a starter since his second year in the league.

Pierce, when healthy, is a better QB than Glenn.  That's why even with the success Glenn has had, teams can't wait to get rid of him or relegate him to a backup role.  Meanwhile Pierce can barely stay healthy two weeks in a row and has been a starter since his second year in the league.

Yes, but Pierce has only been a starter the last 3 years of his career due to having no other viable options combined with incredible stubbornness on the part of a few coaching staffs. He has hardly earned that right.

Yes, but Pierce has only been a starter the last 3 years of his career due to having no other viable options combined with incredible stubbornness on the part of a few coaching staffs. He has hardly earned that right.

Stubbornness, yes... did you ever stop to think there might be a reason for that?

Yes. Mostly due to lack of other options, but that's hardly keeping a starting job based on your own merits. In games last year and the year before, if Joey Elliot were the starter and Buck Pierce were the green QB who came in in relief, Buck would have been the one released due to poor play and Elliot would be the maligned "below-average" starter.

Yes. Mostly due to lack of other options, but that's hardly keeping a starting job based on your own merits. In games last year and the year before, if Joey Elliot were the starter and Buck Pierce were the green QB who came in in relief, Buck would have been the one released due to poor play and Elliot would be the maligned "below-average" starter.

Comparing Elliott to Pierce is laughable.  Elliott wasn't even close.  Pierce wins games, Elliott loses them.  It's not a coincidence.  If it had been Pierce coming in in relief he would not have gone 2-7, and that's really all there is to it.

yeah and at one point Glenn wasn't a starter in favour of Quiton porter.

and how did that work out? The brilliant minds who planned that move seem to be not around any longer and for good reason. They handed a job to someone who didn't deserve it and Glenn had to step in and save that team from braindead decisions. 

I get that some people don't like Glenn, but he is at this moment in time a better qb than Pierce is. 

and how did that work out? The brilliant minds who planned that move seem to be not around any longer and for good reason. They handed a job to someone who didn't deserve it and Glenn had to step in and save that team from braindead decisions. 

I get that some people don't like Glenn, but he is at this moment in time a better qb than Pierce is. 

no he isn't. He's better at staying healthy that's about it. He stays healthy and is a 50/50 guy at best. I'd rather have a guy who wins games and might get hurt (giving us time to develop a guy) Than someone who will play .500 and stay healthy. You know what Glenn is capable of and its not good enough.