Bombers name Gene Dahlquist as new QB coach

Mike

Offensive assistant at Idaho State from 1968-1970

Offensive assistant at Utah from 1971-1973.

Offensive assistant at Oregon in 1974.

Offensive coordinator at Oregon from 1975-1976.

Offensive coordinator at Boise State from 1977-1982.

Offensive coordinator at Iowa State from 1983-1986.

Offensive coordinator at Illinois from 1987-1989

Offensive coordinator at Texas from 1992-1997.

Passing game coordinator and QB coach at UNLV in 1999.

Head coach of Scottish Claymores (NFLE) from 2001-2003

Oh yay...another link to Bellefeuille.  That always exudes so much confidence in me for this teams future.

Well with that much experience I hope he's really good at what he does, especially in our league.  I'm with Gbill and KBF, I hope this guy can figure out our game and teach accordingly.  NCAA isn't the same as the CFL.  I hope O'Shea knows what he's doing.

Speaking of old QB's ... this pic is crazy and has a CFL HOF in it ... it was taken in 1961, the story is here ... http://thestacks.deadspin.com/fourteen-nfl-quarterbacks-play-nice-in-a-chicago-photo-1472029686/1472553327/@tcraggs22

ku-xlarge.jpg

Photo Credit: Ralph Morse—Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images

Above, back row, l-r: Milt Plum, Bobby Layne,* Sam "The Rifle" Etcheverry, Bill Wade, Bart Starr,* Johnny Unitas,* Norm Snead, Zeke Bratkowski; front row, l-r: Jim Ninowski, Fran Tarkenton,* Don Meredith, John Brodie, Sonny Jurgensen,* Y.A. Tittle.*

* Hall of Famer

He worked the last number of years as a "special consultant" ... sounds familiar ;)

He's a prep coach for QBs entering college or the NFL. A lot like what Marc Trestman does during his offseasons. He just does it all year round.

Dahlquist has worked with recent QBs like Marcus Mariota, Zach Mettenberger and Tajh Boyd. He also helped prep Terrell Pryor for the NFL.

He worked the last number of years as a "special consultant" ... sounds familiar ;)

He's a prep coach for QBs entering college or the NFL. A lot like what Marc Trestman does during his offseasons. He just does it all year round.

Dahlquist has worked with recent QBs like Marcus Mariota, Zach Mettenberger and Tajh Boyd. He also helped prep Terrell Pryor for the NFL.

Ya, just did that for all the panicky types ... :) His resume is solid as far as I'm concerned, he's perfectly qualified to be a QB coach for the Bombers. Just glad this team finally entered the 2000's and hired one  :lol: