Robert McCune Bomber bound?

Tracker

K.D. Williams started his CFL career with Winnipeg in 1995. We did get Jeff Boyd off waivers from Edmonton.

I believe Williams sort of wandered around the league (Sask and Hammy?) and was tagged as locker room problem somehow before the Bombers took a bit of a chance in giving him another shot. Turned out rather well, if memory serves.

I wouldn't call West a discard. he was a CFL ALL Star in Calgary before coming here in 1984 & played a lot of great seasons for the Bombers.

I could never figure out why Calgary let that guy go. It would be like BC giving us Eliminian.

That was a time  when the Stamps were one step from a bankruptcy & were badly managed & coached. However we got West it was for virtually a song & he helped us win 3 Grey Cups. But he was a great player in Calgary before he came to  the Bombers. We picked up linebacker Frank Robinson virtually the same way from the Riders.  We gave up virtually nothing for him. Either Robson or Murphy, whoever was GM a the time fleeced the Stamps & Riders for those players. Oh yeah, THEN... we picked up linebacker Delbert Fowler from the Als for nothing.... Amazing.. 

I wouldn't call West a discard. he was a CFL ALL Star in Calgary before coming here in 1984 & played a lot of great seasons for the Bombers.

I could never figure out why Calgary let that guy go. It would be like BC giving us Eliminian.

That was a time when the Stamps were one step from a bankruptcy & were badly managed & coached. However we got West it was for virtually a song & he helped us win 3 Grey Cups. But he was a great player in Calgary before he came to the Bombers. We picked up linebacker Frank Robinson virtually the same way from the Riders. We gave up virtually nothing for him. Either Robson or Murphy, whoever was GM a the time fleeced the Stamps & Riders for those players. Oh yeah, THEN... we picked up linebacker Delbert Fowler from the Als for nothing.... Amazing..

Oddly enough, the only reason they picked up Robinson was because Fowler refused to report to the team when they acquired them. They had sent their starting NI LB to Montreal for Fowler but had a giant hole when he didn't report so they brought in Robinson then Fowler reported a couple weeks later.

K.D. Williams started his CFL career with Winnipeg in 1995. We did get Jeff Boyd off waivers from Edmonton.

I believe Williams sort of wandered around the league (Sask and Hammy?) and was tagged as locker room problem somehow before the Bombers took a bit of a chance in giving him another shot. Turned out rather well, if memory serves.

Nope, started with us in 95.  I'll always remember him basically winning a game for us against BC single-handedly when Andre Ware was their QB, and our offense was just terrible, I think he had a pick, 2 forced fumbles and blocked the game winning FG attempt.  Traded to Saskatchwan prior to 97.  Then traded to Hamilton with Lamar McGriggs halfway through that season for a draft pick because they were apparently disruptive in the locker room, they were also two of the best defensive players in the league at that time.  Went to the NFL for 3 years, came back in 2002 with Saskatchewan as a defensive end, they cut him and the Bombers picked him up just before the playoffs, he got injured, then didn't make the team in 2003.

Nope, started with us in 95.  I'll always remember him basically winning a game for us against BC single-handedly when Andre Ware was their QB, and our offense was just terrible, I think he had a pick, 2 forced fumbles and blocked the game winning FG attempt.  Traded to Saskatchwan prior to 97.  Then traded to Hamilton with Lamar McGriggs halfway through that season for a draft pick because they were apparently disruptive in the locker room, they were also two of the best defensive players in the league at that time.  Went to the NFL for 3 years, came back in 2002 with Saskatchewan as a defensive end, they cut him and the Bombers picked him up just before the playoffs, he got injured, then didn't make the team in 2003.

I bow to your superior recall.

That was a time when the Stamps were one step from a bankruptcy & were badly managed & coached. However we got West it was for virtually a song & he helped us win 3 Grey Cups. But he was a great player in Calgary before he came to the Bombers. We picked up linebacker Frank Robinson virtually the same way from the Riders. We gave up virtually nothing for him. Either Robson or Murphy, whoever was GM a the time fleeced the Stamps & Riders for those players. Oh yeah, THEN... we picked up linebacker Delbert Fowler from the Als for nothing.... Amazing..

Oddly enough, the only reason they picked up Robinson was because Fowler refused to report to the team when they acquired them. They had sent their starting NI LB to Montreal for Fowler but had a giant hole when he didn't report so they brought in Robinson then Fowler reported a couple weeks later.

Yeah, could be as that was nearly 30 years ago. I do know Fowler got here in 1985 but Robinson arrived in 1984. That linebacker corps got even better when Greg Battle got here in 1988. That Bomber defense from 1984 thru 1990 was damned good. 

KD Williams definitely started with the Blue and was absolutely a wrecking ball on the field.    I remember going to many games and the PA announcer would be calling his name out on nearly every play ... the guy definitely took over some games and the opposition definitely had to gameplan around him he was absolutely a beast when he played with us. 

McCune for our MLB is a smart safe move.... considering we just lost an all star and the team has no identity and has gone through so many years with so many new players coming and going... it would be nice to have a guy on defense who is above average and who will be able to be productive from game 1.    His age means nothing considering how fantastic in shape he is,  he will be a good stop gap for one or two seasons.     I'd rather they bring in rookies as depth rather then starters....

Yeah, could be as that was nearly 30 years ago. I do know Fowler got here in 1985 but Robinson arrived in 1984. That linebacker corps got even better when Greg Battle got here in 1988. That Bomber defense from 1984 thru 1990 was damned good. 

Fowler was here in 1984.

I have this book I just bought, it's all about the 1984 championship season (written in late 1984/early 1985) and it talks all about the Fowler trade and his holdout leading to the signing of Robinson. The Bombers were slated to start the year with non-import Ken Ciancone at LB, then they traded him to Montreal for Fowler on June 23 but Fowler didn't report for about a week so they went out and signed Robinson.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1946&dat=19840629&id=iEYwAAAAIBAJ&sjid=rKUFAAAAIBAJ&pg=4194,3494644

Article in here talks about it too.

Who does Montreal have as options at MLB?

Bear Woods

So they're as desperate for a MLB as we are.

Mtl has Bear Woods and who do the Bombers have exactly ?

Which team would be the more desperate ?

Who does Montreal have as options at MLB?

Bear Woods
So they're as desperate for a MLB as we are.
Mtl has Bear Woods and who do the Bombers have exactly ?

Which team would be the more desperate ?

I was assuming Bear Woods is some bum. I've never heard of him. Is he any good?

Hard to say.  He's been with Montreal for a year (or more?) but hasn't seen a whole lot of action.