Chris Matthews off to the NFL

gbill2004

Chris Matthews is off to the NFL.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers receiver, who was the CFL’s rookie of the year in 2012, will make a decision on which team he will join this afternoon. Matthews, 24, became a free agent on Tuesday and was weighing contract offers on both sides of the border.

“All the details will be ironed out today,” Matthews’ agent, Rodney Edwards, said this afternoon. “It’s down to two teams.” Edwards said no matter which deal Matthews takes, he will receive a signing bonus.

http://m.winnipegsun.com/2014/02/16/bombers-chris-matthews-weighing-options-between-two-nfl-teams.

has Ted Laurent signed an NFL contract yet?

He's got a work out some time this week. If that doesn't result in an offer then the Laurent sweepstakes begin. I saw one article valuing him at $150K. I hope if that's true that the Bombers at least show some interest and put in a contract offer. He'd be a big piece on the DL. He won't be a replacement for Doug Brown (no one really could be) but he'd give us some roster flexibility.

He's got a work out some time this week. If that doesn't result in an offer then the Laurent sweepstakes begin. I saw one article valuing him at $150K. I hope if that's true that the Bombers at least show some interest and put in a contract offer. He'd be a big piece on the DL. He won't be a replacement for Doug Brown (no one really could be) but he'd give us some roster flexibility.

Ted Laurent signing with the Bombers would make instant fans of Walters by all and sundry here. Now, if only Christo Bilikudi returns to the fold...actually, he was never in the fold.

I think its pretty much a given that the Bombers would/have offered Laurent a ton of money. Whether he would be interested in coming here is the question.

Ted Laurent signing with the Bombers would make instant fans of Walters by all and sundry here. Now, if only Christo Bilikudi returns to the fold...actually, he was never in the fold.

I said to Noeller a while back that if Bilikudi or Mulumba wanted to go and get themselves cut from the NFL that'd be a huge boon to the Bombers. 

Hope for the best for Chris down there but I think his speed or lack of, and age will ultimately see him come back North, hopefully with us.

He's only 24 years old.

Ya, thought he was 28 for some reason, which is still not too old but older by NFL standards. Hope he sticks for his sake, hope he comes back for ours :)