Do You Get The Feeling...

iso_55

At the 1:10 mark, Walter's is asked if Willy's the 3rd choice.

He answers immediately - no, then explains.

At the 3:00 mark is when O'Shea's jumps in to (in my opinion) tell Willy he's the starter, thereby preempting the reporter's question. (he asks  if anybody's told him he's the starter)(sense of humour)

Then @ 9:37, is what you're talking about, in response to :

Sara Orlesky -

"Kyle, I know you've said you'd be open to always improving the team and different possibilities, are you comfortable right now starting the season with the QBs that you have right now under contract."

​If you look at this or even just listen to it, it does require a two part answer, and despite Kyle's hesitation in his determining the question and how to phrase his response, it just shows me he wants to give the correct response and not at all a hesitancy in his qualifying their latest signing.

You're trying to find something that just isn't there.

O'Shea says smiling: "I'm so excited about Drew Willy being our qb".

"He's our starting quarterback".

Walters with a dour look on his face when asked about the quarterback situation going forward & if Willy is the last piece of the puzzle:

(Long pause).... (Pained expression)... (Said something like) "Well.... always trying to upgrade every position including qb & will continue to do so".... Not a ringing endorsement by the GM. Either O'Shea should never have said what he did or Walters should have just reiterated O'Shea by saying how excited he also felt having Willy as their qb & left it at that. At least for a press conference the HC & GM should look like they are on the same page. Growing pains by young inexperienced football executive & head coach. Not the end of the world by any imagination but this should be a lesson for them to discuss things before they go out to meet the media hordes who are just looking for a misstep to pounce.

You think he should stick with Hall, Goltz and Brown or should they be looking to bring someone else in. I'm not sure why you assume his response was directed at Willy and not the other QBs.

At the 1:10 mark, Walter's is asked if Willy's the 3rd choice.

He answers immediately - no, then explains.

At the 3:00 mark is when O'Shea's jumps in to (in my opinion) tell Willy he's the starter, thereby preempting the reporter's question. (he asks  if anybody's told him he's the starter)(sense of humour)

Then @ 9:37, is what you're talking about, in response to :

Sara Orlesky -

"Kyle, I know you've said you'd be open to always improving the team and different possibilities, are you comfortable right now starting the season with the QBs that you have right now under contract."

​If you look at this or even just listen to it, it does require a two part answer, and despite Kyle's hesitation in his determining the question and how to phrase his response, it just shows me he wants to give the correct response and not at all a hesitancy in his qualifying their latest signing.

You're trying to find something that just isn't there.

Hell, no!! I think the media were being douchebags. All I'm saying is Walters wasn't prepared for the line of questioning. Orlesky looked she hit  him right between the eyes. I just think at that particular news conference you just don't talk about maybe bringing in other guys. Like I said, inexperience got the better of Walters yesterday. He'll no doubt improve as time goes on. If you watch a Wally Buono or John Hufnagel news conference they set the tone right away & get real curt if a line of questioning bothers them. They never get angry but you can tell if they're unhappy. They never let the reporters dictate the answers. But they both have years of experience. Not a huge gaffe by Walters or the end of the world but I'm sure he wished he handled things better. 

Walters with a dour look on his face when asked about the quarterback situation going forward & if Willy is the last piece of the puzzle:

(Long pause).... (Pained expression)... (Said something like) "Well.... always trying to upgrade every position including qb & will continue to do so".... Not a ringing endorsement by the GM. Either O'Shea should never have said what he did or Walters should have just reiterated O'Shea by saying how excited he also felt having Willy as their qb & left it at that. At least for a press conference the HC & GM should look like they are on the same page. Growing pains by young inexperienced football executive & head coach. Not the end of the world by any imagination but this should be a lesson for them to discuss things before they go out to meet the media hordes who are just looking for a misstep to pounce.

You think he should stick with Hall, Goltz and Brown or should they be looking to bring someone else in. I'm not sure why you assume his response was directed at Willy and not the other QBs.

Didn't say that, Jacquie.  As usual you jump to conclusions with your one or 2 sentence responses. You do that a lot. See my answer to Mr Dee above. 

Walters always have that long pause and pained expression on his face when he's answering questions in those pressers though, don't read too much into that. What he said from all indications is the canned response from a GM about always looking to upgrade every position on the team at all times.

Exactly what I was thinking. That's the same expression he uses when they ask him "do you want to supersize this" at McD's. He has that same expression answering anything. Plus, he's gotta watch what he's saying as a GM at any time. You never want to reveal your whole hand, so he needs to think about the things he says.

Some of you act like you're just looking for this team to fail, or looking for some conspiracy to reveal itself to you. Why don't you just enjoy the moment and then if something does end up happening, then you can ***** about it.

And remember, both of these guys are rookies. They're not use to doing press conferences and being in the spotlight.

Wiecek is lucky he's covering the Bombers in 2014 and not 1994 with his attitude.  He'd have been long frozen out by the Bombers staff and players, even in 2014 he deserves to be.  Should be interesting to see him spar with a guy like Korey Banks, Wiecek hasn't really dealt with a strong veteran player who will tell him where to go the way a guy like Stegall would.

Even had the nerve to comment negatively on Willy's suit in his article.  

Wiecek is lucky he's covering the Bombers in 2014 and not 1994 with his attitude.  He'd have been long frozen out by the Bombers staff and players, even in 2014 he deserves to be.  Should be interesting to see him spar with a guy like Korey Banks, Wiecek hasn't really dealt with a strong veteran player who will tell him where to go the way a guy like Stegall would.

I would pay to see someone call out Wiecek. That would be so great. 

JBR...you know what the word "natty' means right?  It was a compliment not a criticism. 

My bad...I expected it to be a shot.

Iso...sure would be nice if you left all this negative sh..it, behind...you're just like Wiecek

Now, that is an insult. Read the whole thread instead of cherry picking. Just where am I being so negative? I blame both the media for being douchey & Walters for being unprepared. 

I would pay to see someone call out Wiecek. That would be so great.

You mean on twitter or in person? Cause on twitter he just deletes it and blocks you the second you disagree with anything he says. He's a total ******.

I thought they all handled themselves well.  I think they all just realize that the media in this town are lazy, uneducated (as in how it relates to the team) ****-disturbers. 

I loved when O'Shea jumped ahead of Willy and said he'd be the starting QB.  He took control of the situation and just had a big smirk one his face, almost laughing at how he intended to get ahead of them.

Of course Wiecek had to get his panties all in a bunch about it today, because these are the buffoons that are paid money to do a terrible job of covering the team.

Didn't say that, Jacquie.  As usual you jump to conclusions with your one or 2 sentence responses. You do that a lot. See my answer to Mr Dee above.

I have three things to say,iso:

First: If Walters had said Willy was the last piece of the puzzle you would have been on him for not trying to improve the back-ups. I read your post and it sure seems like you are making the assumption that he isn't as high on DW as O'Shea.

Second: The majority of time I am using a mobile device when I'm on the forums which isn't conducive to writing dissertations.

Third: I HATE one finger typing which isn't conducive to writing dissertations.

And fourth... I mean four things, I have four things to say:

I didn't realize there was a minimum sentence rule at these forums.

The fan base here is simplyb unreal and ridiculious.. I simply mind boggled and disappointed really at the depths in which you guys go to find fault and attempt to imply stupidity and foolish ways to prepare for a press conference.

I mean, some of you are trying your damnedness to what.. Point out the smallest inconsistency and make it like its harpo and the fuckalong gang up there on stage? Stop. just stop. Its not even on a realistic level anymore. Have walters and company not done what we need them to do? excellent head coach prospect, starting QB that a hof QB said was a good choice weeks go..

Lighten the **** up already or go cheer for another team. Im really using the term cheer loosely here because im not allowed to imply the actions of some here as antagonistic.. That would just be a no no as these fans are clearly supporting the team they love. On a fan support page. Full of supportive and folks that bleed blue and gold..

Unfuckinbelivable..

Yeah. That comment on the suit was completely uncalled for nor was  "with his girlfriend in tow". Weicek is jerk #1 as a reporter. As for most of the other questions from the other so called reporters it sounded as if they were interviewing Mike Kelly.

They wouldn't even talk to Joe Mack like they did as the ship was going down last year because THEY WERE SCARED OF HIM. 

Miller should give them some of their own crap back in their faces to see what it smells like.

I would suggest that Miller treat them as they treated him and Walters. Walters has to deal with them but Miller can stay at arms length

Why Jacquie, I've not known you to be so …fourthright.

I'm a little disappointed. I had you all set up for a Spanish Inquisition comment.  ;)

I'm a little disappointed. I had you all set up for a Spanish Inquisition comment.  ;)

In the words of Speedy Gonzalez, "Si, senior, I theenk she mad." :) Hey Jacquie, didn't mean to offend you if I did, sorry.

In the words of Speedy Gonzalez, "Si, senior, I theenk she mad." :) Hey Jacquie, didn't mean to offend you if I did, sorry.

Trust me I wouldn't be making Monty Python references if I were mad. ;)