Winnipeg trades Kito to BC for Korey Banks

Mike

Very very interesting.  Happy to have acquired Banks, who can hopefully make a positive change on our defence..... I am assuming that there will be a new contract for Banks though?  If he was unwilling to play out his option for BC, I would think we need a new contract to get him to play here?

Not sure how I feel about this. Granted Kito's time here has been a bit of a let down but I'm not particularly a fan of giving up a young non import for an aging import. I'd hate (and wouldn't be surprised to see) Kito do well with the system that B.C. has and Lulay throwing him the rock.

I agree.  I would have liked to have seen him involved this season a little more.  I truly believe he still has the skills to be a decent pass catcher. 

So I had no use for Poblah just because receivers who can't catch don't appeal to me but man.... we have to give up potential (which some GMs over value a lot) for a 34 year old player? Seems steep to me. 

Everyone should probably keep in mind that while Poblah had potential, he also had a contract that was nowhere near what he is actually worth.

The two kind of balance out into an average piece. Poblah was making over 100k a year.

So I had no use for Poblah just because receivers who can't catch don't appeal to me but man.... we have to give up potential (which some GMs over value a lot) for a 34 year old player? Seems steep to me. 

I don't see Poblah as potential anymore, and trading him for a proven player is a step in the right direction. 

Joe Mack loved 'potential' and look where it got us.