Winnipeg trades Kito to BC for Korey Banks

Mike

Re the Neufeld trade. Would you trade a 2nd round draft pick for a starting NI OL? I sure would, in a heartbeat based on the state of the Bombers OL.

All of Walters trades seem to be win-win. That's why he's been able to make so many trades. It also sets up positive relationships with other GMs to help facilitate future trades.

Bomber fans seem to want to get something for nothing. Those trades happen once in a while, but aren't the norm. Walters has a plan and I've liked every one of his trades to date.

we've been over this before though, it's debatable whether or not the guy is in fact a quality starting OL AND it wasn't just a 2nd round pick, we gave the riders an allstar player to help them on their grey cup run as well. The allstar player should have been enough, this is Brendan Taman we're talking about here. 

Re the Neufeld trade. Would you trade a 2nd round draft pick for a starting NI OL? I sure would, in a heartbeat based on the state of the Bombers OL.

All of Walters trades seem to be win-win. That's why he's been able to make so many trades. It also sets up positive relationships with other GMs to help facilitate future trades.

Bomber fans seem to want to get something for nothing. Those trades happen once in a while, but aren't the norm. Walters has a plan and I've liked every one of his trades to date.

we've been over this before though, it's debatable whether or not the guy is in fact a quality starting OL AND it wasn't just a 2nd round pick, we gave the riders an allstar player to help them on their grey cup run as well. The allstar player should have been enough, this is Brendan Taman we're talking about here.

But he started games before...so he's a starting OL...with a broken leg that didn't heal right the first time.

I just think Walters if he played his cards right could have got Banks for cheaper and then turned around and sent Poblah somewhere for a different return. Asset management is a big thing and I dunno if Walters is all that great at it, but part of this assessment is based on the other trades he has made where he's displayed a similar tendency to just pay whatever the other team wants. Having to add the pick to the Hall trade still bugs me. 

Yeah, I really liked the first two trades he made but with this one and the Neufeld one it feels like he's been giving up too much.

When I reflect back on on the last few years where visually nothing had been done involving trades to fill needs, I'm quite happy in that our GM is making inroads with other GMs.

We have to remember, somewhere in the picture, there is knowledge that we're not privy to regarding these players, and on the surface maybe these trades may not make a whole lot of sense to us, but a whole lot of sense in the building/altering of our team.

Pay a high price? Maybe.

The cost of establishing oneself? Maybe.

Necessary? Most definitely.

I tend to believe Walters when he says "Believe me, every day we are working on making this team better."- Free Press -Feb 1

There is no way we were getting a starting NI OL under contract for 2 more seasons for Alex Hall, an import leaving after the season for the NFL.

There is no way we were getting a starting NI OL under contract for 2 more seasons for Alex Hall, an import leaving after the season for the NFL.

Neufeld was damaged goods. We traded a starting all star D End & a second round pick to get a guy who can't play. So, he's under contract. How do we know he even fully recovers & plays?  Get some assets, yes. But get healthy ones. For all the good it did us, Hall should have stayed & played out his contract. 

I think we're all going to have to wait for Neufeld to show up on the field before can gauge the full extent of this trade. 

For myself, on the surface, I liked the trade itself for a NI O-Lineman, but will wait to see if this trade has merit and a leg to stand on.

I think some of Walter's trades are as much about bringing the bomber franchise back into the mix as anything...  Between Mack and Kelly its been a long time since any other GM/Agent has taken the bombers even half seriously - and it will still take a while.

Not a huge fan of giving up our 2nd round pick this year but at least bringing in Neufeld shows Walters is trying...  same with Banks.  Hopefully, that helps us bring in free agents...  just wish we could have landed a Centre though...

I don't understand how the Bombers overpaid or paid sticker price.............. Banks for Kito Poblah seems like a much better deal for us.

Geroy went for an import receiver with man boobs, cut in training camp by the Lions, and a 3rd rounder.

Banks is probably worth a 4th or 5th rounder.  If we think Poblah is worth the same or less, it's a good trade for us.  Clearly BC sees something in Poblah, otherwise they would have just taken a pick, which would cost them much less.

Hey - man boobs can be a big plus for a receiver, gives you an extra layer of cushioning when you are catching balls in your chest area.

I just think Walters if he played his cards right could have got Banks for cheaper and then turned around and sent Poblah somewhere for a different return. Asset management is a big thing and I dunno if Walters is all that great at it, but part of this assessment is based on the other trades he has made where he's displayed a similar tendency to just pay whatever the other team wants. Having to add the pick to the Hall trade still bugs me.

You can console yourself that we have two picks in the 6th round, one of which came from Edmonton for Merrill Johnson.