Als release Byron Parker

gbill2004

I hope the timing of his release has nothing to do with the Als clearing cap space to make Burris a significant offer.

I was going to say the very same thing as a joke. I hope you were also joking....

Back to topic I wonder if the Blue would want him rather then Banks?

Parker is another player who's on the downward trend, getting slower with age (not that he was that fast to begin with) and honestly hasn't looked good at all the past couple of season's. Yet another pass................ hopefully.

Just because a player is on the downturn of their career, doesn't mean they don't have value.  We still need leaders and players who will instill confidence in the group. 

They why do people want to run Jovon Johnson out of town on a rail? It's the same situation, older veteran leader on the downslope and fans want to ship out out ASAP. Just because we don't follow other teams as closely doesn't mean the same thing doesn't happen to players on other teams. 

Of the two vet dbs we've talked about, I'd much rather have Banks.

IF we need that vet presence and IF we are considering signing one of these archaic DB/OLB's then yup. Banks gets my vote as he would be a better nose tackle in etch's defense then Parker

;)

While Parker would be another guy that would come in and add leadership, I'm not crazy about the idea of potentially bringing in someone who can't and is too slow to play man coverage. He did flourish with zone defense under Stubler though, but that was quite a few years ago.