Bob Wylie as OL coach?

gbill2004

There are two things that make all the difference in the CFL, Coaching and quarterbacking. And do you think that it's a coincidence that Hufnagel had 3 qbs he could throw onto the field? Good coaches get the most out of their teams. If Tim Burke had been coaching Calgary or Saskatchewan they'd have been shitty teams this year too. 

Look at the QB's Calgary had to work with versus the garbage that WPG has?

Calgary has had a vastly superior GM and as a result, a superior pipeline to quality players. 

If Huff was coaching Max Hall and the funky bunch he'd have a shitty year too.

Kevin Glenn wasn't good enough in Winnipeg or Hamilton but he was good enough for Hufnagel.... 

And they had two other QB's pushing him that were/are superior to anything in WPG. 

There are two things that make all the difference in the CFL, Coaching and quarterbacking. And do you think that it's a coincidence that Hufnagel had 3 qbs he could throw onto the field? Good coaches get the most out of their teams. If Tim Burke had been coaching Calgary or Saskatchewan they'd have been shitty teams this year too. 

Calgary has had a vastly superior GM and as a result, a superior pipeline to quality players. 

Kevin Glenn wasn't good enough in Winnipeg or Hamilton but he was good enough for Hufnagel.... 

And they had two other QB's pushing him that were/are superior to anything in WPG. 

Perhaps you should become a Calgary supporter seeing as you love them so much...rather than a Wpg hater...

Perhaps you should become a Calgary supporter seeing as you love them so much...rather than a Wpg hater...

Your mom know you're online right now? Cause I hear you're failing social studies and she isn't happy. 

Your mom know you're online right now? Cause I hear you're failing social studies and she isn't happy. 

Weak, very weak

Your hatred of Burke is blinding you from admitting that our roster is GARBAGE. 

Burke is an abysmal HC, yes, but you seem to think that just because Lapo took the team to the GC that it was an above average club. 

We rode to the GC on the strength of a 7-1 start (fuelled by Burke and Harris's defence). Once teams figured it out, remember how we sucked arse for the balance of the year and basically stumbled into the cup, whereupon we were anally pounded by BC?

And how did we improve after that GC pounding? Buck Pierce, Goltz, a bag of garbage, oh, and Sofa Muamba. 

I feel bad for O'Shea (and Walters). They have a lot of work to do. 

Burke is an abysmal HC, yes, but you seem to think that just because Lapo took the team to the GC that it was an above average club. 

We rode to the GC on the strength of a 7-1 start (fuelled by Burke and Harris's defence). Once teams figured it out, remember how we sucked arse for the balance of the year and basically stumbled into the cup, whereupon we were anally pounded by BC?

And how did we improve after that GC pounding? Buck Pierce, Goltz, a bag of garbage, oh, and Sofa Muamba. 

Oh wow... that's a reach man.

I'll be the first to say that Burke was abysmal, and I'll also venture that LaPo was also below-average as an HC.  LaPo rode a very good defense in a horrible division to the GC.  Toronto and Hamilton were horrible, and Montreal was Calvillo-less.  It was not as some might say, an above-average club at all.  What was our record against the West in 2011?

But to call the roster complete "garbage" is a huge overshoot.  Players have to play within the coaches' systems.  Max Hall had to start under Crowton, and then change to a completely different co-ordinator when Bellefeuille took over.  The defense kept regressing under the poor coaching of Creehan.  And the team played horribly uninspiring under the motivation and guidance of Burke.  The players were not put into a position to succeed last year. 

The roster might truly be "garbage" as you put it.  But the players that we retain should be given the benefit of the doubt at this stage.  Last year they had to trot out there in a system we and they knew... was crap.  Give them the opportunity to prove themselves away from that.

Seriously, put the ENTIRE TEAM on waivers (before the expansion draft) -- how many of our guys would other teams want if it meant they had to dump a player on their own roster.

It would be less than 10 players. 

Combine that with some of the worst coaching hires in club history (Burke & Crowton?!) and you have the sorry state that we're in today. 

It would be less than 10 players?

You're ridiculous. You mean to tell me that you think there are only 10 players on our team who could offer an improvement to someone's roster in ANY way, shape or form?

I'd put the number closer to about 30-35.

Just off the top of my head, Hall ... Ford ... Denmark ... Watson ... Etienne ... Poblah ... Kelly ... Greaves ... January ... Edwards ... Pencer ... Swiston ... Matthews ... Anderson ... Turner ... Gilmore ... Neufeld ... Mainor ... Muamba ... Wild ... Washington ... Dunn ... Jovon ... Sears ... Stewart ... Suber ... Pontbriand ... Volny ... Markett ... Kohlert (since you said before the expansion draft) ... Jones ... Thomas ... Peach ... Parenteau ... Lucas. There's 35 players who are no doubt NOT on their last job in the CFL unless they retire.

If you had said major difference makers or guys who could START, maybe you'd have an argument. Maybe what you should have said was 10 players who would have an equal role to the one they have here. But guys who wouldn't make it onto active rosters as backups, special teams roleplayers, etc? Think again.

Seriously, put the ENTIRE TEAM on waivers (before the expansion draft) -- how many of our guys would other teams want if it meant they had to dump a player on their own roster.

It would be less than 10 players. 

Combine that with some of the worst coaching hires in club history (Burke & Crowton?!) and you have the sorry state that we're in today. 

You're far undervaluing the the roster in its entirety, both in some of the starters and in role playing special-teamers.

Any roster in the CFL has both its stars and its depth, but if you think each team wouldn't be grabbing more off our roster, you're not doing your homework in regards to the value of any roster in the CFL.

You're ridiculous. You mean to tell me that you think there are only 10 players on our team who could offer an improvement to someone's roster in ANY way, shape or form?

Just off the top of my head, Hall ... Ford ... Denmark ... Watson ... Etienne ... Poblah ... Kelly ... Greaves ... January ... Edwards ... Pencer ... Swiston ... Matthews ... Anderson ... Turner ... Gilmore ... Neufeld ... Mainor ... Muamba ... Wild ... Washington ... Dunn ... Jovon ... Sears ... Stewart ... Suber ... Pontbriand ... Volny ... Markett ... Kohlert (since you said before the expansion draft) ... Jones ... Thomas ... Peach ... Parenteau ... Lucas. There's 35 players who are no doubt NOT on their last job in the CFL unless they retire.

If you had said major difference makers or guys who could START, maybe you'd have an argument. Maybe what you should have said was 10 players who would have an equal role to the one they have here. But guys who wouldn't make it onto active rosters as backups, special teams roleplayers, etc? Think again.

Meant starters, not role players. And I would go as high as 15. 

You definitely took a bizarre approach to making it clear you meant only our starters. Next time, try not to emphasize the words ENTIRE TEAM if you mean half of it.

You definitely took a bizarre approach to making it clear you meant only our starters. Next time, try not to emphasize the words ENTIRE TEAM if you mean half of it.

Perhaps, but the fact remains that there is a dearth of talent on this team.

A few short years ago it was "The Bomber O-line and QB suck, but they have great receivers and a ferocious D."

Now it's Chad Simpson is good when he plays, Chris Matthews needs a change of scene, their D line needs help and their secondary is undisciplined. Oh, and the O-line and QB still sucks."

Wtf is wrong with our d-line? You just making stuff up now?

D-line is okay but losing Hall stings (not that it could be helped). Ratio isn't great either. 

there were people worried when o'dell willis signed with riders then the bombers found alex hall

that's the one position i'm less worried about.

who knows, maybe mcadoo or griggs would become the next good de for us.

It's not just because of the Grey Cup appearance for Lapo. I don't think Lapolice was all that great of a head coach either, but when he was here that roster was able to compete in almost every game and a lot of losses I attribute to Lapo having them play not to lose rather than trying to actually win (which goes for the grey cup game too) The roster back then looked strong except for a few key places. Burke comes in and the whole thing looks like hot garbage... so what's more likely? Burke made it look worse than it actually is or Lapo made it look a hell of a lot better than it is? I know where my money is. 

And how did we improve after that GC pounding? Buck Pierce, Goltz, a bag of garbage, oh, and Sofa Muamba

racist1.gif.pagespeed.ce.4mB4Gyg8e3.gif

Coaching is huge just look at the Jets... Owl man Noel looks and is now talking like a defeated man and the team now is spiraling down fast.

Yeah but the Jets roster is actually lacking in talent compared to the western conference so expecting much more than you're seeing out of them is only setting you expectations too high.

Well the fans of western teams expected the Jets to be that bad but I really get the sense a lot of Jets fans thought their team was actually close to being competitive rather than just being a team that played in a terrible division. Hell I guarantee that if Edmonton played in the eastern conference they wouldn't have drafted first over all 3 years in a row. The western conference is just so unforgiving to teams with any holes in their roster.