Esks @ Lions

TrueBlue

not really impressed with the Lions Demarco at qb here... have a very hard time believing that he's better than Elliott, situation to me sounds a lot like the Lions just liking the guy they had on the roster and wanted to develop him more but Elliott is there just in case something were to happen to Lulay.

not really impressed with the Lions Demarco at qb here... have a very hard time believing that he's better than Elliott, situation to me sounds a lot like the Lions just liking the guy they had on the roster and wanted to develop him more but Elliott is there just in case something were to happen to Lulay.

He's making all the throws.  BC's 3rd string receivers don't look too sharp in terms of hands and adjusting routes to coverage.

Reilly looked sharp although his first TD pass was a bit of a fluke going perfectly between 2 defenders to Koch for the score. The football gods evened things up with the Lions interception in the end zone. 

if one of those lions defenders had the presence of mind to turn a second sooner that could have easily been knocked down or even picked off. Was quite fortunate that the lions completely blew the coverage and 2 guys had to put their heads down and sprint just to be in the picture of that play. 

Honestly the game was quite sloppy, lots of flat out mistakes made all throughout the game.

We can't say Reilly looked out of place though & with playing time should only get better. But let's face it, Reilly heaved that football 50 yards  on a wing & a prayer. If anybody says he put the football in the only spot where the receiver could catch it then they are crazy. You can't aim for accuracy on a throw like that. Reilly was just hoping his receiver (Koch) would make a play on the football & he did. The receiver  made that touchdown play.  Reilly should take Koch out for dinner as he made him look good.

We can't say Reilly looked out of place though & with playing time should only get better. But let's face it, Reilly heaved that football 50 yards  on a wing & a prayer. If anybody says he put the football in the only spot where the receiver could catch it then they are crazy. You can't aim for accuracy on a throw like that. Reilly was just hoping his receiver (Koch) would make a play on the football & he did. The receiver  made that touchdown play.  Reilly should take Koch out for dinner as he made him look good.

Absolutely, the coverage was blown so badly on that play that Reilly didn't need to be accurate on it, just heave it up and if it gets there the dbs are likely in no position to make any kind of play on it. As it was the coverage got there to possibly be a distraction but the receiver caught it anyway. 

It's the kind of a play as a defensive coach drives you nuts. You see plays similar to this at the lower levels of football. Like bantam or high school. Not to such a dramatic extent as Reilly's throws obviously but a young qb throws up a duck into the stratosphere  twenty yards downfield. Looks like a bomb from a B 52 coming down falling like a stone. The dbs just freeze & watch it come down into a receivers hands. Hate those plays.

He put up more points then any of our 4 qbs did in 8 quarters!      

Koch stood there and caught the ball when it landed in his lap. Once he got to the endzone he didn't even have to move to catch it.

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=cfl-latest/latest/1/0/952335/clip/342

(45 sec mark)

I saw the play. I watched the game. With all due respect, Reilly chucked it as hard as he could. It was more of a lucky throw than a good one. No way Reilly's THAT GOOD to be able to thread the needle 50 yards downfield under pressure when he threw the fooball without a lot of luck. If he was, he'd be a starting NFL qb going to the Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. Things worked out on that particular play for Reilly & Koch. Later, on an easier throw Reilly waited a second too long & had the pass picked off in the end zone. Likie I said, it all came together for Reilly & Koch on the long td play.  

I saw the play. I watched the game. With all due respect, Reilly chucked it as hard as he could. It was more of a lucky throw than a good one. No way Reilly's THAT GOOD to be able to thread the needle 50 yards downfield under pressure when he threw the fooball without a lot of luck. If he was, he'd be a starting NFL qb going to the Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. Things worked out on that particular play for Reilly & Koch. Later, on an easier throw Reilly waited a second too long & had the pass picked off in the end zone. Likie I said, it all came together for Reilly & Koch on the long td play.  

Yes, it did just happen to come together for them. That's what makes your statement about Koch making the entire play work and Reilly owing him dinner so odd.

Yes, it did just happen to come together for them. That's what makes your statement about Koch making the entire play work and Reilly owing him dinner so odd.

It's not really odd though. Koch beat the coverage so badly he was able to see where the ball was going and just wait for it. Even though the defenders did get into the picture at the end they had no clue where the ball was Koch still had to show good concentration to keep his eyes on the ball and catch it with a couple guys bearing down. Reilly just heaved that ball up to an uncovered receiver, the amount of time it took that pass to get to the endzone it was all on the receiver to make a play there. 

Was Reilly over the line of scrimmage when he threw that? I think that would have been challenged if it had been the regular season.

That was one thing that I thought too while I was watching the game. I watched the replay very close and it seemed fine to me.

Anyone know how much of an issue the Lions are going to have with the cap this year? They basically have the minimum number of players compared to what other teams are carrying (46 man roster, full PR, 1 player on the 9 game IR and no one on the 1 game IR). Edmonton has 7 players on the 2 IRs, Calgary 13, SK 8, Hamilton 16, Montreal 10 and we have 6. Toronto's website hasn't been updated to show which players from their roster will be going on the IRs but they are 6 players over the 46 man limit right now. I can't recall any teams not having a few extra bodies on the IRs during a season in a long time.