Wpg FP Reports Cortez and Bellefuille In The Hunt for WBB HC Job

Noeller

...Cortez to get a 2nd interview, and Bellefuille reports he understands he's still in the mix. Khari and O'Shea still considered as well. Interesting that Cortez and Bellefuille are in the thick of it. Not sure we really gave them much consideration...

I like Cortez, even if he strikes me as a royal a-hole. I think he would be similar to Doug Berry, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

If we hire MB I will flip out. Do not want. I am hoping that it was more just out of courtesy.

If I am choosing out of this list I would take Cortez, O'Shea and Khari- in that order.

I like Cortez, even if he strikes me as a royal a-hole. I think he would be similar to Doug Berry, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

If we hire MB I will flip out. Do not want. I am hoping that it was more just out of courtesy.

If I am choosing out of this list I would take Cortez, O'Shea and Khari- in that order.

Agreed. Although I made fun of all the "Cortez is sooo cerebral" nonsense, he is a very good offence-mind. Which we could use. 

In a perfect, "never gonna happen" world I'd have O'Shea as my HC and Cortez as my OC. 

I think Cortez has a better overall feel for the game than Burke had. If the club signs a decent qb & he hires a decent OC we may be in business.

You mean a decent DC? I would hope George runs the O, provided he can wear both hats. 

Maybe hire a very good DC who can assistant HC (Stubler?)

Yes, a decent DC.... My bad, thanks.  

I think Cortez has a better overall feel for the game than Burke had. If the club signs a decent qb & he hires a decent OC we may be in business.

If they hire Cortez it pretty much cements Burris as the teams QB. Another reason I want a different HC. 

I wouldn't say you're wrong, but what makes you think Cortez would value Burris (who probably only has another year or two in the tank) over Collaros or any of the other FA QB's? Just because he went out and got him in 2012? Wasn't Burris simply the best available option at the time?

If they hire Cortez it pretty much cements Burris as the teams QB. Another reason I want a different HC. 

Why? Because he's a free agent? Based on that logic (and more logically IMO) it would mean the team goes hard after Drew Willy. He has familiarity with the system, he's a polished passer, and he isn't 39 by kickoff next June.

Why? Because he's a free agent? Based on that logic (and more logically IMO) it would mean the team goes hard after Drew Willy. He has familiarity with the system, he's a polished passer, and he isn't 39 by kickoff next June.

Cause they've got such a history in Calgary and Hamilton and he's the only real veteran option that's going to be a free agent, and because they had such a good offence together in Hamilton... Come on, it's pretty obvious who the guy would pick if he was given the option of actually picking his own qb. 

Maybe not. He also coached Drew Willy for a year so he knows what he can do.

Cause they've got such a history in Calgary and Hamilton and he's the only real veteran option that's going to be a free agent, and because they had such a good offence together in Hamilton... Come on, it's pretty obvious who the guy would pick if he was given the option of actually picking his own qb. 

Walters won't allow Burris to come here, he isn't stupid.

Burris would be a good qb option as long as you have colloras (sp?) coming in as well.  Burris would make the team instantly better in the short term, but you also need the replacement ready to come in soon.

I wouldn't be upset with Burris.. I want our QB spot to improve immensely. Burris would be a good step.. but so would some other QBs coming onto the market.