Wpg FP Reports Cortez and Bellefuille In The Hunt for WBB HC Job

Noeller

My first choice is Collaros, but Burris is a valid plan B if he is available and we don't get Collaros.  We could use the next 2 years to bring along a young guy, while having a bonafide starting QB. 

Signing Cortez as HC wouldn't mean bringing Burris in was a higher probability IMHO.

Cortez as a head coach is a playcaller who gets to make the big decisions, basically an OC with expanded duties.  I'm not a fan of that setup.  It takes a very special coach to pull that off, and while Cortez is one of the best OC's in this league over the last couple decades, I don't believe he can run a team successfully that way.  I want a head coach who will manage a football team, not spend 90% of his energy on one-third of the team.

I'm just skeptical at this point in our ability to find our own QB. If we are ready to fight and spend, we could probably land our pick of the crop of FA QBs this year and hopefully reap the benefits for years. Burris is probably penciled in at #2 on everyone's QB wish list right now.

I'd rather we go with Burris then Goltz or Pierce or Hall or Boltus. I just hope he is plan B and that they go for Collaros first.

Hall should be the only qb invited back. he played well enough for that. The other two? Nope. Pierce?? He's in BC.
I know but knowing or old management they would of traded for buck back

I'd rather we go with Burris then Goltz or Pierce or Hall or Boltus. I just hope he is plan B and that they go for Collaros first.

Hall should be the only qb invited back. he played well enough for that. The other two? Nope. Pierce?? He's in BC.
I know but knowing or old management they would of traded for buck back

Yikes....

Marcel has never had a track record of great success.... this is why I wouldn't look his way.   

O Shea as Bluto says always seems to be a winner and he has a great deal of respect from fans, media and players.   He's definitely a guy that I think can win the locker room while Cortez can be questionable if he could do the same.  

Regardless after seeing droopy dog Burke I'm willing to take even Reinbold at this point LOL!

Cortez with a good DC could be great. Right now I'm torn between Cortez and O'Shea. Lawless suggested today Walters might be able to get them both in Blue & Gold.

That's not exactly what he said...I caught it on the way home and he said, and stay with me here guys because I know this sounds loony, but O'Shea essentially be the actual HC but bypass on the HC gig and just 'accept' a DC position here, thus allowing Cortez to be promoted from Sask OC to our HC as more of a figurehead title.  O'Shea would be the HC but actually hold the DC title, and Cortez would be the OC but have the HC title.

Ya...

Cortez with a good DC could be great. Right now I'm torn between Cortez and O'Shea. Lawless suggested today Walters might be able to get them both in Blue & Gold.

That's not exactly what he said...I caught it on the way home and he said, and stay with me here guys because I know this sounds loony, but O'Shea essentially be the actual HC but bypass on the HC gig and just 'accept' a DC position here, thus allowing Cortez to be promoted from Sask OC to our HC as more of a figurehead title.  O'Shea would be the HC but actually hold the DC title, and Cortez would be the OC but have the HC title.

Ya...

Does that sound as stupid to you as it does to me?

Ya...

It does. All they would have to do is add the assistant head coach title to OC to make it a promotion for Cortez.

Ya...

I wanted to punch his face through my radio.

In fairness I usually have that reaction to Lawless, but it was a stronger emotion after that.  Because in Gary's world, he believes you can just do whatever you want.  Fake titles for everyone!  Hire all the candidates!

Ya...

Then we can remix "Blurred Lines" as our theme song.

"3 and 1, should we go, who makes the call, no one knows"