Chris Jones new Eskimos head coach

Mr. Perfect

Pffffffffffft....it's not like Jones was coaching in the Grey Cup.  The ban is with respect to making media announcements during Grey Cup week which could take attention away from the festivities.   But I'm sure there's a lot of talk during that week between teams.    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Some of the best coaches in various sports were disliked (but feared) by most of their players, but worked their butts off and even won a lot of games. Coaches would rather have the obedience and respect of their players than be best buddies with them or the media. Lets hope for competence instead of likeability- there are not too many Mike Rileys out there.

No, it's not one (hard assed) or the other (players coach). It's a combination of both knowing when to use one over the other at appropriate times.

Because David Braley has a pristine record when it comes to ethics....

So David Braley isn't happy the #Eskimos called to speak with Chris Jones before GC. Reports say the Bombers called too. Big deal. #CFL

Commisioner Braley is probably just upset. Likely wants to try for a Braley Bowl next year in Vancouver and if the argos lose coaches they might not be able to get there. 

Because David Braley has a pristine record when it comes to ethics....

So David Braley isn't happy the #Eskimos called to speak with Chris Jones before GC. Reports say the Bombers called too. Big deal. #CFL

Commisioner Braley is probably just upset. Likely wants to try for a Braley Bowl next year in Vancouver and if the argos lose coaches they might not be able to get there. 

Just call the damn thing the Braley Football League already.

Curious to see how this works out for Edmonton. I think I've gone a bit sour on ace defensive coordinators making the move to head coach.

Stubler and Burke, among others ... it's just not a good run on those guys lately.

When you hire DC as HC....there are consequences.  And there are going to BE consequences.

Curious to see how this works out for Edmonton. I think I've gone a bit sour on ace defensive coordinators making the move to head coach.

Stubler and Burke, among others ... it's just not a good run on those guys lately.

How about Chamblin?  He was a DC... I suppose he wasn't really an "ace" DC, per se...

Benevides also seems to be working out somewhat well.

I am mostly interested in seeing how Jones and Hervey work. Seems to me that Jones has some management ambitions as well so if Hervey continues to be a clown do we see a power struggle?

I am mostly interested in seeing how Jones and Hervey work. Seems to me that Jones has some management ambitions as well so if Hervey continues to be a clown do we see a power struggle?

Wouldn't surprise me that in a year's time, Jones is also GM. Hervey out the door.

Len Rhodes is the President and C.E.O of the Eskimos.

He won't last much longer than Buchko did here.

He already has, Rhodes was hired on Dec 1st, 2011.

Buchko was hired on Jan 5 2012, and only officially took over on March 1st 2012.