Experienced QB & Head Coach

iso_55

Look what happened today in Toronto. An experienced HC in Austin who knows what it takes to win & the same with an experienced qb in Burris. That's what it takes to win. Did you clue in, Wade?

Just posted this at the other site. Keep the faith, let's hope Wade takes note!

Hank is on a roll. I saw that in 2008. He could be really tough in the Grey Cup.  Austin is an outstanding coach. A winner as a player & a coach, KBF. He knows the CFL backwards, forwards, sideways & upside down. Gotta say I enjoyed seeing seeing the two coaches in Toronto (Millanovich & Jones) lose today. That was funny.

Kind of a dumb thread...  Toronto has experienced coaches and an experienced qb with a fantastic track record and they lost today,  hell if anything it makes your point look silly since Milanovich was a rookie coach last season and he won the grey cup.  

I don't see the point at all.   

Austin isn't an outstanding coach IMO ,   he was lucky to win last week and called a horrible game.     They have a qb who is extremely streaky and today he was on.    

All I know is that Calgary/Saskatchewan will be very happy to face H amilton rather then Toronto for the cup.

Not a dumb thread How many rookie coaches have we had that didn't work out? I think experience counts for a lot...

But both Kent Austin and Scott Milanovich BOTH won the grey cup in their rookie year as a HC!!!
At TEP, fansince79 posted a listed of 22 coaches who won the GC in their rookie year as HC over the past 40 years. No list of coaches who lost in the GC their rookie year as HC (ie Trestman) so can't say how many rookie HCs have gone to the GC overall.

Not a dumb thread How many rookie coaches have we had that didn't work out? I think experience counts for a lot...

But both Kent Austin and Scott Milanovich BOTH won the grey cup in their rookie year as a HC!!!

I loled

Sure lets keep doing  what we always do. Hire a rookie GM  & rookie HC for another rebuild. It's such a winning formula.

I loled

Sure lets keep doing  what we always do. Hire a rookie GM  & rookie HC for another rebuild. It's such a winning formula.

You are missing the point. Rookie or veteran doesn't matter, it's whether they're a good coach or not that matters. 

Hufnagel, Austin, Trestman were all rookie coaches when they had an immidiate impact, so your point is kind of silly.

Sure but we always sign the raw rookies &  never the coach with a track record. That would be nice for a change.

Bauer ran him out of town? Ritchie declined a contract extension at the start of his last season and then developed some significant health issue. So I guess he got ran out of town.

He never was a Lyle Bauer guy. Pretty common knowledge. I don't recall Ritchie wanting to leave.