Playoff Predictions

Mark H.

Riders & Ticats with Austin & Burris spoiling the Rider parade.

This would really crank up the drama, wouldn't it?   For both the Ticats and the Riders to win they would have to have awesome running games and harass the heck out of Ray and Glenn/whomever respectively.

you know what, I'm not going to be surprised to see the ticats win this one... They've done OK against Toronto this year and I just saw them on sportscentre pulling the "no one gave us a chance so **** you all we're going to go win this game" card. 

True, but there is some accuracy there.

No Chris Williams, no IWS, 1-4 out of the gate and people had them buried again. Dont even get much TSN love. Quick to pounce on games they choked and some furrowed brows when they do win.

Even the usually optimistic Schultz said around LD HAM wasnt "even close " to having a team ready.

you know what, I'm not going to be surprised to see the ticats win this one... They've done OK against Toronto this year and I just saw them on sportscentre pulling the "no one gave us a chance so **** you all we're going to go win this game" card. 

True, but there is some accuracy there.

No Chris Williams, no IWS, 1-4 out of the gate and people had them buried again. Dont even get much TSN love. Quick to pounce on games they choked and some furrowed brows when they do win.

Even the usually optimistic Schultz said around LD HAM wasnt "even close " to having a team ready.

It doesn't even matter if it's true or not, a team that believes that and has a point to prove is a dangerous opponent. 

Interesting to see intensity level of TOR who hasnt played a meaningful game in almost a month.

Yeah, that's my thought too -- especially with Ray getting the final week of the season off.  Is he still gonna be in sync with his receivers after all that downtime?

I just hope that both teams compete and the game's well-played.  I've watched so much shitty Bomber football this year, I feel kind of entitled to some good CFL playoff games.

Interesting to see intensity level of TOR who hasnt played a meaningful game in almost a month.

My theory is...that this theory has been over-emphasized

First place teams make it to the GC more often than not. Team earn the first place berth and get to play several meaningless game because they are GOOD TEAMS

People spent years convincing themselves the Als would choke in the East final...but the Als were usually in the GC when they finished first

my QB is 8-4 in the postseason... theirs notsomuch. no Kackert... but Ray still has Owens, Durie, Inman, Chiles and Bryant... 

i'm on pins and needles waiting for this. big crowd (which will have a noisy TiCat contingent that will be surely called "half the crowd" by the media who tries to downplay the CFL in this city). will be such a mess downtown (Santa parade, raptors across the street) that i bet that thousands won't be in their seats until well after kickoff.

Argos v Stamps after 2 convincing finals victories.

my QB is 8-4 in the postseason... theirs notsomuch. no Kackert... but Ray still has Owens, Durie, Inman, Chiles and Bryant... 

i'm on pins and needles waiting for this. big crowd (which will have a noisy TiCat contingent that will be surely called "half the crowd" by the media who tries to downplay the CFL in this city). will be such a mess downtown (Santa parade, raptors across the street) that i bet that thousands won't be in their seats until well after kickoff.

Tell you what...I don't care what anyone says...a good time can be had at an Argos game.

Do the expectations/predictions change much now that R. McCune is going to miss the EF?

"The Toronto Argonauts will be without their defensive leader when they host Burris and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats at Rogers Centre. Middle linebacker Robert McCune, whose 99 tackles were second-most in the CFL this season, won't play due because of a shoulder injury."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/argos-mccune-to-miss-east-division-final-due-to-injury-1.1546719

Do the expectations/predictions change much now that R. McCune is going to miss the EF?

"The Toronto Argonauts will be without their defensive leader when they host Burris and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats at Rogers Centre. Middle linebacker Robert McCune, whose 99 tackles were second-most in the CFL this season, won't play due because of a shoulder injury."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/argos-mccune-to-miss-east-division-final-due-to-injury-1.1546719

That could be a HUGE factor if the Argos make it to the GC. You obviously want your #1 MLB against Cornish and the Calgary OL.

Yep, haters have their spin already "took HAM fans for Argos to salvage a decent playoff crowd" . But undermines Rogers general premise that no one cares about the CFL in Ont.

Sooo glad I got tix early, coming in early so I can sit back and relax with my mates with plenty of time to get refreshed.

I see Hamilton winning the EF, in a squeaker, but only because the game is indoors so Burris will actually try, and put in a decent effort.  Without McCune, and Burris having his head in the game, the Ti-Cat offense can be lethal, so it really will about the Ti-Cats being able to stop Ricky Ray.  Same can't be said for Burris' fellow fair-weather QB, Kevin Glenn.  According to Google, it's -16C in Calgary at the moment, which means that KG is going to give it his usual half-hearted try for a few series and then pack it in.  If I was Huffer, I'd have Mr. Fairweather on a short lease, and have BLM and Nutjob ready to go ASAP.  If they stick with Glenn, then the game is already over.

So I am calling - Hamilton/Sask GC, and Sask victory, as Burris just gives up trying to do anything in the -20C wind chill by half time.  If this GC had been indoors, then I'd have picked Hamilton to win it.

http://www.examiner.com/article/stampeders-to-start-glenn-western-final

14 minutes till kickoff... Atmosphere is buzzing here.

Have to credit the black and yellow: there's a horde of them here.

A section of them just started the "Argos suck! Argos suck!" Chant... I started chanting "From the Cup!" Back at them...

They stopped chanting and looked at each other all confused as if to say "did bluto just break our chant?" Priceless.