Max Hall

gbill2004

I'm ok with Hall staying but the team must bring in someone who has shown that he can play in this league....

I'll barf if we have Boltus and Goltz and another random unknown guy as our depth....

yip. i wouldnt have a problem with hall and any one of collaros, mitchell, burris, glenn or if desperate, tate..

Worth pointing out re: Hall, he is also coming off a year out of football as a player.

...and was out of shape and didn't start training in earnest until mid May. Hold on to your hats folks, very few people have seen what he's capable of when he's in shape. And when you do, you won't even remember how to spell collaros - or care. Yes the O-line needs work, but Burke, if he stays, needs to be a leader without question. He is the most, "Maybe..., if..., we might possibly..., I think..., I hope..., we really should..., it was weird stuff... milquetoast of a coach I've ever heard. There is light at the end of this tunnel and it's not an oncoming train.

but Burke, if he stays, needs to be a leader without question. He is the most, "Maybe..., if..., we might possibly..., I think..., I hope..., we really should..., it was weird stuff... milquetoast of a coach I've ever heard. 

milquetoast - timid

phantim

phan

Well, I guess we know which corner you're in. ^_^

Worth pointing out re: Hall, he is also coming off a year out of football as a player.

...and was out of shape and didn't start training in earnest until mid May. Hold on to your hats folks, very few people have seen what he's capable of when he's in shape. And when you do, you won't even remember how to spell collaros - or care. Yes the O-line needs work, but Burke, if he stays, needs to be a leader without question. He is the most, "Maybe..., if..., we might possibly..., I think..., I hope..., we really should..., it was weird stuff... milquetoast of a coach I've ever heard. There is light at the end of this tunnel and it's not an oncoming train.

Sounds exciting but I just don't know if he's ever going to get a chance to show it. Time may be running out.

Sounds exciting but I just don't know if he's ever going to get a chance to show it. Time may be running out.

How is time running out?

How is time running out?

There's only 2 games left and we may have a new coach and GM next year and we will almost certainly be bringing in a QB.  If Max Hall wants to make an impact, he has to do it now.

He's sort of like the Tim Burke of quarterbacks.  He'd be a great one if he could throw the ball. 

Not sure why Toronto went heavy blitz in the 2nd half.  Sit on routes and you are pretty much guaranteed that Hall won't complete many passes for first downs because he can't place the ball on intermediate routes, and chances are pretty good you'll be returning INTs.  That said, I guess you can't quibble too much with a gameplan that limited the opposition to 20 points. 

He's sort of like the Tim Burke of quarterbacks.  He'd be a great one if he could throw the ball. 

Not sure why Toronto went heavy blitz in the 2nd half.  Sit on routes and you are pretty much guaranteed that Hall won't complete many passes for first downs because he can't place the ball on intermediate routes, and chances are pretty good you'll be returning INTs.  That said, I guess you can't quibble too much with a gameplan that limited the opposition to 20 points. 

The Argo defence and the uprights held the Bombers to 20 points. 

It didn't seem like Hall was having too much trouble completing passes before the half.  He was 11/18 at halftime and he was a Cory Watson brainfart away from being 12/18 with a TD.  His only pick came when he was hurried by the rush (and he got creamed as he made the throw)

How deep is an intermediate pass?  As far as I recall, Hall hit passes at all depths yesterday.

Well its good to see we are counteracting the blitz at least a little .... and that is new as I see it

I have heard many complaints about Max Hall's arm, his throwing strength. While his errant passes do seem to typically sail away too high (how many does he throw in the dirt?), I really like the way he throws:

"And that's this -- the 466 yards of net offence registered on Saturday by the much-maligned Bombers offence was the most by any team in the CFL over the weekend.... their combined 775 yards of offence over the last two weeks -- they had 309 yards in a win over Montreal two weeks ago -- is second best in the CFL during that period, behind only Calgary's 785 yards....then there's been the much-improved Bombers receiving corps in recent weeks. Clarence Denmark has played his best football in his three seasons in Winnipeg during the past five weeks, hauling down an eye-popping 28 catches for 410 yards during that period. Aaron Kelly, rescued from the CFL scrap heap after he was released by Hamilton, has looked great in a Bombers uniform and is definitely a keeper. And so too is former NFLer Mike Sims-Walker, who replaced an injured Kelly versus Toronto and did nothing less than lead the team with eight catches for 137 yards in his first CFL start."

Yes, we need another starting QB but I don't see us as desperate at QB as a few weeks sago.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/blue-pit-of-despair-not-bottomless-228579421.html

I have heard many complaints about Max Hall's arm, his throwing strength. While his errant passes do seem to typically sail away too high (how many does he throw in the dirt?), I really like the way he throws:

"

And that's this -- the 466 yards of net offence registered on Saturday by the much-maligned Bombers offence was the most by any team in the CFL over the weekend....

their combined 775 yards of offence over the last two weeks -- they had 309 yards in a win over Montreal two weeks ago -- is second best in the CFL during that period, behind only Calgary's 785 yards....then ther

e's been the much-improved Bombers receiving corps in recent weeks. Clarence Denmark has played his best football in his three seasons in Winnipeg during the past five weeks, hauling down an eye-popping 28 catches for 410 yards during that period.

Aaron Kelly, rescued from the CFL scrap heap after he was released by Hamilton, has looked great in a Bombers uniform and is definitely a keeper. And so too is former NFLer Mike Sims-Walker, who replaced an injured Kelly versus Toronto and did nothing less than lead the team with eight catches for 137 yards in his first CFL start."

Yes, we need another starting QB but I don't see us as desperate at QB as a few weeks sago.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/blue-pit-of-despair-not-bottomless-228579421.html

i havent really found too much to be upset about with our offense as a whole in the last two games.. sure, hall has got crushed a few times, smacked around on others but has figured out the offense enough to get the ball out rfn to survive and move chains.. coupled with a decent threat and blocker at RB to keep the defense honest, the offense has found its groove.. far too early for excitement but at least its improvement.. almost good enough to beat the division leader..

It's difficult to judge at this point of the season but an improved Hall, an improved offensive scheme with Marcel and a slightly improved o line are positive developments.

Positive developments yes, but too little too late I would imagine.

Not trying to take away the good things we have seen lately, but that can't cloud the fact that there is much more wrong with this team than there is right.  A few games to close out the season that show positive developments can't change minds about what needs to be done to be much better next season.  

We finished last season 4-3 with the brain trust thinking we were on the right track, so little to nothing was done in the off-season.  I would hope that we learnt our lesson then.

It's difficult to judge at this point of the season but an improved Hall, an improved offensive scheme with Marcel and a slightly improved o line are positive developments.

Positive developments yes, but too little too late I would imagine.

Not trying to take away the good things we have seen lately, but that can't cloud the fact that there is much more wrong with this team than there is right.  A few games to close out the season that show positive developments can't change minds about what needs to be done to be much better next season.  

We finished last season 4-3 with the brain trust thinking we were on the right track, so little to nothing was done in the off-season.  I would hope that we learnt our lesson then.

We finished 4-3 on the back of some decent quarterback play from Joey Elliot, whom we then released and went back to Buck Pierce (who appears to be no longer able to play football at a high level).

I'm not saying Elliot is a saviour, but if we had started the year with him as our starter I don't think we would be eliminated from the playoffs yet.

It's worthy of note that, on the coach's show, Denmark was pointed out by Irving as being an offensive performer of note, and that Burke credited Bellefeuille with working with Denmark to learn the nuances of being a better receiver in a Canadian style offence.

Which of course brings up the question...hello Marcus?

We finished 4-3 on the back of some decent quarterback play from Joey Elliot, whom we then released and went back to Buck Pierce (who appears to be no longer able to play football at a high level).

I'm not saying Elliot is a saviour, but if we had started the year with him as our starter I don't think we would be eliminated from the playoffs yet.

I know what you're saying and I agree.

Having Elliott handle the ball up to the Red Zone, and then having Goltz take over would have solved a few issues.

And, oh, Buck only as 3rd string.

Ah, hindsight.

But it still wouldn't have solved the Qrowton Question, nor the Burke Bias.