Max Hall

gbill2004

We finished 4-3 on the back of some decent quarterback play from Joey Elliot, whom we then released and went back to Buck Pierce (who appears to be no longer able to play football at a high level).

I'm not saying Elliot is a saviour, but if we had started the year with him as our starter I don't think we would be eliminated from the playoffs yet.

And the "Joey Elliot was good last year" myth continues to be perpetuated.  Of the final four games we won at the ass-end of last season, Buck won two of them, Elliott one and the last game was a Brink-Goltz combo (as Elliott was injured the previous week in a loss to Hamilton where he played just plain brutal) in a game that Montreal handed to us as it was a nothing game, though Goltz looked pretty good and ran some nice plays, when Burkenstein finally pulled Brink in the 4th quarter.  I'm not sure how you can say that we went 4-3 on the back of Joey Elliott, given he didn't even appear in 3 of the 4 wins. ????

PS - Elliott played in all 3 of the losses in the final seven games last year, and in those games he threw 8 INT's and zero TD's.

I finally had a chance to check out the game. Hall was dreadful In the first half but much better in the 2nd.

His errant passes really are bad, if he had more athletic ability and an above average oline he could be a really good cfl qb. I'd like him back next season and Goltz as a third string.

Sims welker looks awesome definitely want to see him back

Dreadful is too negative.

I'd say his first half was a mixed bag. Hall did some good things, with the biggest blemish being the fumble.

Agreed,

Dreadful was watching  our previous QBacking experience where under 10 completions was the norm and 1st downs were something that occurred on our way to two-and-outs.

Hall has given us the unexpected benefit of actually moving the ball forward....on purpose.

I'm looking forward to seeing further progress this week, but this time hoping a closer eye will kept on some of the hits on Hall.

Dreadful??? Come on.

How many TD drives did he lead us to.... how many passes was he way off target... you suggest having several turnovers as in playing good.   Come on now he was dreadful in the first half.  Outside of a circus catch by the new guy he barely moved the ball.  

How many TD drives did he lead us to....

Well, there was the one drive where he bounced a TD pass off of Corey Watson's abs...

how many passes was he way off target...

I don't know.  How many passes did he throw that were way off target?  What was his completion percentage in the first half, anyway?

What about the first drive toe-drag sideline pass to Watson?  That was perfectly thrown ... as was the slant pattern to Watson that got us out from under the goalposts later in the first quarter ... as was the quick out to Edwards with three rushers in his face, just before the three-minute warning.

Look, I'm not saying the guy is the second coming of Danny McManus or anything and I have no idea what his ceiling is, but Hall was a hell of a lot better than dreadful.  He did a bunch of good things out there.

Dreadful??? Come on.

How many TD drives did he lead us to.... how many passes was he way off target... you suggest having several turnovers as in playing good.   Come on now he was dreadful in the first half.  Outside of a circus catch by the new guy he barely moved the ball.  

Are you a Goltz guy? If so, that explains it.

Hall is doing fine. How anyone can complain about the way he is playing? He's making less & less mistakes as well as learning the CFL game & adapting to it. Look at how Max has progressed with far less tools on offense than Thomas DeMarco has in BC. Is  he a long term starter for the Bombers? Can't say but give the guy props especially for the last 2 games. Saying Hall is dreadful isn't anywhere close to being correct. If Brandon thinks Hall is dreadful then I can describe Justin Goltz as being absolutely abysmal as a starting qb.

Read my post genius I said he was dreadful in the first half which he was.

I then praised him for his second half play.

3 points and 100 yards passing with two turnovers is dreadful! How can you spin that in any other way?

Because a hundred yards passing & 3 points in a half isn't dreadful. How can you even suggest that? The guy ended up with about 300 yards passing.

3 points and 100 yards passing with two turnovers is dreadful! How can you spin that in any other way?

Because a hundred yards passing & 3 points in a half isn't dreadful. How can you even suggest that? The guy ended up with about 300 yards passing.

Lol you are quite dense. I said he was dreadful for the first half. Please explain to me how 100 yards two turnovers and three points is something great?

He played dreadful in the first half its fact.

The second half he played well.... But he's yet to play great in a game from start till finish.

Lol you are quite dense. I said he was dreadful for the first half. Please explain to me how 100 yards two turnovers and three points is something great?

He played dreadful in the first half its fact.

The second half he played well.... But he's yet to play great in a game from start till finish.

Sure. A hundred yards passing  in the first half yet he throws for double in the second half. You did say he was dreadful in the first half which was wrong but said he played better in the second half. I'll give you that.

how about chalking it up to adjusting and learning what toronto was doing? at the end of.the day that "dreadful" half was half of the second.best offensive output in the last 2 seasons, best of this years... id prefer to look at it that way..

For some reason Toronto started blitzing in the second half, and Hall was able to get around it.  If the Argo defence had just played the same way as the first half, the score wouldn't have been close.  We probably would have only gotten another 3 points.

My point was that he wasn't all that great mainly because he was inaccurate and his physical shortcomings prevented him from making plays.

You keep saying he was inaccurate -- how many passes did he throw that were off the mark during the first half?

Hall can do good with a supporting cast that's above average.

You seriously think our second half pass protection was above average?

how about chalking it up to adjusting and learning what toronto was doing? at the end of.the day that "dreadful" half was half of the second.best offensive output in the last 2 seasons, best of this years... id prefer to look at it that way..

For some reason Toronto started blitzing in the second half, and Hall was able to get around it.  If the Argo defence had just played the same way as the first half, the score wouldn't have been close.  We probably would have only gotten another 3 points.

They would have scored more points on turnovers that our offence would have for sure

My point was that he wasn't all that great mainly because he was inaccurate and his physical shortcomings prevented him from making plays.

You keep saying he was inaccurate -- how many passes did he throw that were off the mark during the first half?

Hall can do good with a supporting cast that's above average.

You seriously think our second half pass protection was above average?

Well, if they blitz 7 they are going to get pressure.  That also gave Hall a chance to complete a pass to someone wide-open, because he has trouble fitting the ball in against man or match zone coverages.