Who do the Bombers protect?

BigBlue

Do you not see the possibility of there being middle ground between 35-45K & 85-95k?

Why do you get so angry about everything?

And why do you have to always get personal? I wasn't mad, dude.

I always get personal? Alright...

Anyways, how about that middle ground?

Why would there be a middle ground? On what basis? Rids knows his stuff when it comes to salaries. He's worked with other CFL teams at arms length. Knows scouts on various CFL teams. Has had discussions with them about players. He attends the Senior Bowl every year & is on the field with the NFL & CFL scouts. He attends the E Camp the CFL holds in March. He is on a first name basis with most CIS head coaches across Canada. He talks to these guys & they all give him the scoop on what their former players are making. He is an equal partner with CFL player Shomari Williams in a college recruiting company. He has set up combines all across Canada. I didn't just pick those numbers out of the blue that I quoted. It was Rids who first told me what CFL first rounders make just a few days ago in a private discussion about this very thing. 

What a bizarre comment.

You said "first round picks make 85-95k" and JBR said "no they don't" and you replied with "so what are you saying, they make 40-45k" and not only that, but you're extremely confrontational about it.

How in the world can you not see yourself ignoring the possibility of a middle ground in that exchange?

Truly a weird dude. If you honestly weren't mad, you need to take a long hard look at the way you talk to people because for a guy who was just engaging in a conversation and wasn't at all upset, you sure came across as a bit of a d-bag. Not attacking you, just being honest. I trust you when you say you weren't mad, but damn man ... you sure sound like it. A lot.

This place is small but becoming very cliqueish. When this place first opened we all got along. Then disagreements became spats, which became arguments, which became grudges & is now becoming wars. Now when I post, I have to put on a suit of armor because I know I'll get attacked by the same people. I can almost count on it. Is it because the team sucks so bad that people including myself are so grouchy here? If we were 12-3 instead of 3-12 would we get along better? I don't know but I do know it's not as much fun coming here as it used to be. People want to be respected. Respect goes both ways, I get that. I need to be better but so do others here as well.

Getting old sucks and nobody wants to hear the truth anymore. You and I have seen Bomber teams win 3 - 4 ? cups in our time and know what it takes, most here haven't even witnessed 1 I bet but think we are crack pots, that's just the way it goes. ;)

Not a drama queen, 17. And yeah BriceDream, you & I have seen some championships in our lifetime & some great players put on that Bomber uniform. Again, all I'm going to say that I did with JBR was question him why should there be a middle ground when I was told by Rids who knows people in the CFL & also knows what first round players are being paid?

How is that a bizarre comment??? I talked to a guy who is a bit of an Insider who knows salaries. A middle ground to me means half so half of $85-90,000 is $45,000. I just said that & then all of a sudden I'm a ****** bag, weird or angry all the time. People here are telling me to not get personal when they are doing the same to me. Where in my post did I ever insult JBR? How was my post so bad?  Like I said, I questioned JBR's premise that I was wrong, he's right & therefore we need to come to some common ground. I have nothing against JBR here. Not one thing. I never have. I wasn't angry with him & I wasn't calling him names. Like I said, I'll try to temper my comments here but others better do the same before they accuse me. And some here have to develop much thicker skin.

Again, all I'm going to say that I did with JBR was question him why should there be a middle ground when I was told by Rids who knows people in the CFL & also knows what first round players are being paid?

How is that a bizarre comment??? I talked to a guy who is a bit of an Insider who knows salaries. A middle ground to me means half so half of $85-90,000 is $45,000. I just said that & then all of a sudden I'm a ****** bag, weird or angry all the time. People here are telling me to not get personal when they are doing the same to me. Where in my post did I ever insult JBR? How was my post so bad?  Like I said, I questioned JBR's premise that I was wrong, he's right & therefore we need to come to some common ground.

That's not what happened. He disagreed with you, you responded with a smarmy, "really, do tell?" and then gave ridiculously low salary numbers to try to make his comment on rookie salaries look stupid. He also never said anything about a middle ground, I did. The middle ground would only be $45k to your $95k if JBR was suggesting they made nothing.

You didn't note until several posts later where you heard those totals from.

edit: So in summary, this is why some people didn't like your post.

cant teach old dogs new tricks.. isos post style.has never changed in all the years ive posted on boards with him... it is odd tho that he doesnt see it as combative or abraisive..

iso, no one treats you any different then other posters here, thats the key. its pretty equal across the board all things considered.. the fact you post as often as you do might make it seem like your being bullied but i dont see it.. also, your very frank with your points and opinions so it does tend to lend to witty retorts..

Forums always have people who think they know better than everyone. Really by the swagger on here the bombers' GM search should start and end with the population of this site.

We need to all respect others opinions and see other perspectives. Having said that mike never "wars" with anyone but I wouldn't want to debate football with him. Because he'd win

Why protect ford he is jjust a guy that can run fast trying to be a football player and not succeeding.

for serious dood? thats a tad harsh for a guy who has 2 kickoff returns for TDs and is starting to make headway as a RB.. his feet never stop and hes normally able to survive first contact.. also, his blocking is better no?

id protect him for surely..

Sims-Walker now appears to be a no-brainer protect

What worries me is if Hall continues putting up similar passing yardage to yesterday in our last two games: no only would it put Burke back on life support but it might also have Ottawa drafting Max Hall come Dec 16 (if we don't designate him)... I would like to see us trade for a QB prior to the expansion draft but don't want to lose Hall in the process

I'm sure there will be better QBs available than Max Hall.

Say for the sake of argument we swing a trade with Calgary for Drew Tate before the expansion draft: who does Ottawa grab for their two QBs?

DeMarco from BC (after watching him play last night I doubt it)?

Nichols from Edmonton (maybe if they get past injury concerns)?

A Montreal QB (Smith for his potential or one of their unprovens)?

Hamilton's #2 (really)?

Collaros, Glenn & Willie are FA's

So which two ahead of Hall (especially if he continues his improvement)?

Who do you see Ottawa taking if there are no other trades (outside of Calgary and something will happen there)?

Which non-FA QB is better than Max Hall?