Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GDT-Bombers-Als

  • Replies 429
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • i can with this staff Vaval actually had almost perfect coverage on several of those plays...and a few others played it best u could...was right there and immediately made the tackle...Not his fault

  • BaconNBigBlue
    BaconNBigBlue

    Not sure I'll renew my TSN subscription next year. Why pay good money to watch this team if they are not going to even try to make adjustments. I'd rather put my money towards a dominatrix that will

  • rebusrankin
    rebusrankin

    Only two more years until MOS+KW get another 3 year extension.

Featured Replies

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Originally the Faj as well couldn't do squat from the pocket, most his success was all off script and sandlot tye plays...But he was given a chance and stuck with by a HC/OC who knew how to best use him...the kind of players to surround him with...and he bet our bumbling brain dead staff in the Grey Cup, and has his current team sitting in 1st

Like I've said many times if you have the raw talent...complimentary metrics, you can play with the proper coaching and supporting staff...nd Perkins has more natural skill than the Faj.

So we have the coaching chops and ability to craft adequate and diverse roster to compliment and augment...Hell to the no on that one

Yeah he is the only one who really shows any signs of being a playmaker/difference maker on our defense outside of Smith and Griffin....I'd say Williams if he can clean up the occasional brain fart too....we need all the difference makers on defence we can get

If that means in FA we have to go after the best pure returner available to make it work...then so be it....This positions and ratio requirements carved in stone no matter what cause thats what was successful over half a decade ago needs to be put in the trash

And that's exactly the point, 2/3rds the way thru the 3rd was apparent we were not gonna win that game...was a perfect opportunity to change it up...Give Mtl a diff look and see what Perkins could muster....but nope

As usual, oah being Osh. MIller & Walters okay with it.

I am curious to know who everyone believes we should go after if we were replacing multiple positions? G.M, Coach, Positional Coaches...maybe even President of Operations.

I'm still good with Wade, Kyle and Mike.

I think they should replace the OC as the offense just is not working in his system. The DC is really on the edge, and needs to improve. The STC is good.

Let me try to wrap my mind around this logic.. we won 2 Grey cups with these guys after going what 25 plus years without...we are the strongest team financially in the league by far,yet because we have had a couple of years of so- so results we need to clean house? Is that right? 😵 Clean em all out...man do we have short memories around here.

39 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Let me try to wrap my mind around this logic.. we won 2 Grey cups with these guys after going what 25 plus years without...we are the strongest team financially in the league by far,yet because we have had a couple of years of so- so results we need to clean house? Is that right? 😵 Clean em all out...man do we have short memories around here.

Listen.... I was the most vocal poster here for a long time, saying exactly what you're saying. And it's not that I totally disagree now.... But..... Can you not see the line on the graph that is clearly trending down? I thought, for a moment earlier this season, there was a turnaround happening. But now I just don't believe anymore.

I'll always default to "none of us are in the room, so we really don't know FOR SURE what's right or what's wrong" but it's clearly a bad trend and has been ongoing for a number of years now.

I think it starts with the lack of talent. Whether that means cleaning house in the scouting department, I don't know... But we haven't been recruiting or drafting well for several years now.

OC is clearly a problem and has been since Buck left. I don't know what the answer is, but Condell has to be gone after this year.

There's a lot of problems... Not just one. But... I also agree with the poster who said "Who is out there that you'd prefer?" because I am genuinely curious who's next in the Up and Comers around the league.

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Listen.... I was the most vocal poster here for a long time, saying exactly what you're saying. And it's not that I totally disagree now.... But..... Can you not see the line on the graph that is clearly trending down? I thought, for a moment earlier this season, there was a turnaround happening. But now I just don't believe anymore.

I'll always default to "none of us are in the room, so we really don't know FOR SURE what's right or what's wrong" but it's clearly a bad trend and has been ongoing for a number of years now.

I think it starts with the lack of talent. Whether that means cleaning house in the scouting department, I don't know... But we haven't been recruiting or drafting well for several years now.

OC is clearly a problem and has been since Buck left. I don't know what the answer is, but Condell has to be gone after this year.

There's a lot of problems... Not just one. But... I also agree with the poster who said "Who is out there that you'd prefer?" because I am genuinely curious who's next in the Up and Comers around the league.

People also need to remember the pre-ZC era (2014-2019). We were a fairly middling team prior to trading for Zac and getting hot in playoffs - we had finished no better than 3rd in five of the first six seasons with MOS as HC. Even during the GC run, there were issues (ex: The Seal), but they got glossed over because we won.

We are doing well financially (right now) but we've had very high attendance with a winning club and a lot of St holders on a 3 year commitment. Will that support continue if the on-field product keeps going down? I don't think we'll ever get to a Calgary/Toronto/Ottawa attendance level but you string a few seasons like this together & it will impact the club's bottom line at some point.

Scouting seems to be an issue but we've already turned over everyone except Kyle and Danny Mac - are they the biggest issue there? I really don't have any faith in KW in that department anymore after watching him hype up Daniels on draft day only to find out we got catfished. Still waiting for this badass s**t kicking blocker to show up.

I don't think anyone disagrees about the OC problems. Does the CFL have up and comers? Most of the coaches are retreads (Lapo/Condell) or completely unqualified (Hogan)... at least the ones we hire are.

I get it ,maybe MOS has a lot of weaknesses,but really what coach doesn't? He's a players coach and his players love him. Definitely we have lost alot of talent in the last 5 years,players coaches, scouting,why? Because we were the best. I just think we have to give these 3 some time to rebuild again...especially Wade,who totally turned this franchise around.

Edited by bb1

6 hours ago, Dreamcatcher said:

I am curious to know who everyone believes we should go after if we were replacing multiple positions? G.M, Coach, Positional Coaches...maybe even President of Operations.

Calvillo as Head Coach.

39 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Calvillo as Head Coach.

Intriguing to think about for sure.

4 hours ago, bigg jay said:

People also need to remember the pre-ZC era (2014-2019). We were a fairly middling team prior to trading for Zac and getting hot in playoffs - we had finished no better than 3rd in five of the first six seasons with MOS as HC. Even during the GC run, there were issues (ex: The Seal), but they got glossed over because we won.

We are doing well financially (right now) but we've had very high attendance with a winning club and a lot of St holders on a 3 year commitment. Will that support continue if the on-field product keeps going down? I don't think we'll ever get to a Calgary/Toronto/Ottawa attendance level but you string a few seasons like this together & it will impact the club's bottom line at some point.

Scouting seems to be an issue but we've already turned over everyone except Kyle and Danny Mac - are they the biggest issue there? I really don't have any faith in KW in that department anymore after watching him hype up Daniels on draft day only to find out we got catfished. Still waiting for this badass s**t kicking blocker to show up.

I don't think anyone disagrees about the OC problems. Does the CFL have up and comers? Most of the coaches are retreads (Lapo/Condell) or completely unqualified (Hogan)... at least the ones we hire are.

Our defence as well has slowly regressed the further we get from Richie's system....

The bookends of the tenure like you aid...the first 5 yrs, and now the current recent yrs are not indications of excellence...we were getting by mostly from a stacked roster that self coached and policed...and let it erode without the proper succession plans or any forward looking planning. And ability to oach/manage roster ourselves outta it is a major weakness here

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

Listen.... I was the most vocal poster here for a long time, saying exactly what you're saying. And it's not that I totally disagree now.... But..... Can you not see the line on the graph that is clearly trending down? I thought, for a moment earlier this season, there was a turnaround happening. But now I just don't believe anymore.

I'll always default to "none of us are in the room, so we really don't know FOR SURE what's right or what's wrong" but it's clearly a bad trend and has been ongoing for a number of years now.

I think it starts with the lack of talent. Whether that means cleaning house in the scouting department, I don't know... But we haven't been recruiting or drafting well for several years now.

OC is clearly a problem and has been since Buck left. I don't know what the answer is, but Condell has to be gone after this year.

There's a lot of problems... Not just one. But... I also agree with the poster who said "Who is out there that you'd prefer?" because I am genuinely curious who's next in the Up and Comers around the league.

I actually agree with you for the most part...I dont think we have a sever lack of talent issue...More of an adherene to use some of it....the adherence to maximize what we do have and the relience on what was good before...still being there....coupled with bizzare and pointless roster decisions...refusal to use rules designed to actually benefit us...the rigidity of our ratio...or exceeding it with inferior Canadians for no reason whatsoever other than a coaches bias....and many many dumb in game decisions...well you see what we have morphed into

We arent able to win in spite of all that now because we just dont have enough top line guys to cover up for it...and the HC cant see that...or just refuses to accept it

4 hours ago, bb1 said:

I get it ,maybe MOS has a lot of weaknesses,but really what coach doesn't? He's a players coach and his players love him. Definitely we have lost alot of talent in the last 5 years,players coaches, scouting,why? Because we were the best. I just think we have to give these 3 some time to rebuild again...especially Wade,who totally turned this franchise around.

define a player's coach tho?..there can be many examples of it but whats your opinion that he is one...not being a knob just curious.

The Don..Bouno...even Murpht were also player's coaches who got a lotta love from their teams...but also made the hard assed decisions that had to be, and you earned your roster spot each week...or u were sat...or just out right released

A coach considered a players coach who just caters to his vets...favors...rarely disciplines...doesn't call anyone out...Mister Nice guy so to speak can also cause fractures too....which wasnt wildly publicized or let be known here but can assure you there was some dissention in the ranks....it's only natural and to say it didnt exist is foolish

An most players generally say they love playing for their coach...That's par for the course...

All that being said they have had 3 yrs ...4 counting this yr to turn it around from the last succesful end to season...and it has gotten worst each yr...with this yr likely to be even e steeper dip down, and fact of the matter is pretty much due to most if not all the same issues that have been there the whole time

21 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Intriguing to think about for sure.

He'd be awesome. But we all know that the Trinity will close ranks to protect Osh from all the naysayers. Head Coach is going nowhere.

cirdle-wagons-1024x474.png

Know what a players coach is? A guy who wins.

4 hours ago, Booch said:

define a player's coach tho?..there can be many examples of it but whats your opinion that he is one...not being a knob just curious.

The Don..Bouno...even Murpht were also player's coaches who got a lotta love from their teams...but also made the hard assed decisions that had to be, and you earned your roster spot each week...or u were sat...or just out right released

A coach considered a players coach who just caters to his vets...favors...rarely disciplines...doesn't call anyone out...Mister Nice guy so to speak can also cause fractures too....which wasnt wildly publicized or let be known here but can assure you there was some dissention in the ranks....it's only natural and to say it didnt exist is foolish

An most players generally say they love playing for their coach...That's par for the course...

All that being said they have had 3 yrs ...4 counting this yr to turn it around from the last succesful end to season...and it has gotten worst each yr...with this yr likely to be even e steeper dip down, and fact of the matter is pretty much due to most if not all the same issues that have been there the whole time

No a good question, i guess my best example is Smith, who was going to quit last year but MOS was credited in helping him stay in the game, i guess when the player's quit on him then he stops being a player's coach, i have not seen any quit yet,let's see how they play against Calgary, if they get smoked then maybe it's a sign , but getting rid of all three in the offseason still makes zero sense to me.

10 hours ago, bb1 said:

No a good question, i guess my best example is Smith, who was going to quit last year but MOS was credited in helping him stay in the game, i guess when the player's quit on him then he stops being a player's coach, i have not seen any quit yet,let's see how they play against Calgary, if they get smoked then maybe it's a sign , but getting rid of all three in the offseason still makes zero sense to me.

we dont need to purge the whole regime immediately...we need to cut bait with what 98% of teams do first when a team is on the path we are...The HC...No need to have upheaval all across the board as that would filter right thru into admin staff....assistants...everyone...noy needed here

You need a new HC with a fresh vision and set of eyes to assess the scene...determine if he wants Younger...or he wants to bring in a guy of his choice.....And they assess the talent and what we need....and what we wanna do and implement that.

A new HC isnt gonna can the whole roster, but I bet he will have no bias and the best will play, prob wont over play excessive Canadians as he has a bee under his bonnet in regards to the Canadiana portion and I sure will use all the rules available to him to succeed...Like why would he not as it's arse on the line

Culture and character wont wain...It will be there...But I bet attitude will change as guys will be on their game and playing with intent...as the gravy train of no accountability and favoritism will be merely a fart in the wind

10 hours ago, bb1 said:

No a good question, i guess my best example is Smith, who was going to quit last year but MOS was credited in helping him stay in the game, i guess when the player's quit on him then he stops being a player's coach, i have not seen any quit yet,let's see how they play against Calgary, if they get smoked then maybe it's a sign , but getting rid of all three in the offseason still makes zero sense to me.

Who said all 3? Osh is stale. The message is no longer getting thru. Do players still love playing for them? When free agents can't wait to leave then I think the answer is no. FIFO is no longer a thing. He should be the first to go.

41 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Who said all 3? Osh is stale. The message is no longer getting thru. Do players still love playing for them? When free agents can't wait to leave then I think the answer is no. FIFO is no longer a thing. He should be the first to go.

It was quoted a few times in this thread about getting rid of the trinity and starting over. 😊

I am a big believer in process so you don't start tossing everyone out. I wouldn't toss a gm before seeing what he does with a different coach. Hell I'm not even sure just outright tossing O'Shea is right, however he might need a performance improvement plan which includes NOT writing the depth chart in pen before training camp even starts and knowing when to drop certain players and help hiring assistant coaches.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I am a big believer in process so you don't start tossing everyone out. I wouldn't toss a gm before seeing what he does with a different coach. Hell I'm not even sure just outright tossing O'Shea is right, however he might need a performance improvement plan which includes NOT writing the depth chart in pen before training camp even starts and knowing when to drop certain players and help hiring assistant coaches.

Yup any smart compatent organization when in a downward funk of an extended nature start with clipping of the HC and allowing the G.M to see if he can fix and if that isolates the main issue.

Usually a team...and one that has had success will give the G.M a second opportunity to put a HC in place...unless everything organization related is a shitshow mess...and thats not the case here so going full purge would be a last gasp desperation thing and flailing away blindly hoping something works..and just a poor approach

I doubt if ever..or in a real rare circumstance a G.M was clipped and a new one was brought in and forced to accept the staff..and a failing one at that which was here previously..No G.M candidate with any sensibility or smarts would take on that condition...and definitely not one id want running my organization. They would want their stamp on things and have control of the whats and why's of what would bring success to their vision..

If we end up outta the playoffs..with a 5th consecutive yr of more decline Miller needs to step up in Walters won't and have the talk with him that if he doesn't can his coach...he will and that won't bode well for Walters.

13 hours ago, bb1 said:

It was quoted a few times in this thread about getting rid of the trinity and starting over. 😊

Well, start with the Head Coach. Thaty would be an impressive move showing the fans that the Bombers are truly committed to winning. Not the staus quo that is not improving.

On 2026-10-07 at 10:07 AM, Blue28 said:

I'm still good with Wade, Kyle and Mike.

I think they should replace the OC as the offense just is not working in his system. The DC is really on the edge, and needs to improve. The STC is good.

Thing is, we have had similar issues for 5 OCs in a row, plus 3 DCs. The difference is talent, but we've seen all the same issues. At some point, it's an upper brass failure, not the CO. Be it micromanaging the system, roster management, or hiring decisions. I don't have any faith that this group will do any better with OC no 6, and DC no 3.

  • Author

MOS has been the Head Coach 12 years. Name a coach who was in one place that long and changed?

Just now, rebusrankin said:

MOS has been the Head Coach 12 years. Name a coach who was in one place that long and changed?

hence...time for change...as the landscapes in the league have changed and Smugs still thinks its 2020

24 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

MOS has been the Head Coach 12 years. Name a coach who was in one place that long and changed?

I would say the only coaches who have had careers with one team, in any sport, and continued to excel either did change or they coached in an era with little to no innovation. The sad thing is the CFL hasn't even innovated in the mafia era. We've regressed; we don't do half of the things we used to, and do very little well of the holdover.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.