Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GDT-Bombers-Als

  • Replies 429
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • i can with this staff Vaval actually had almost perfect coverage on several of those plays...and a few others played it best u could...was right there and immediately made the tackle...Not his fault

  • BaconNBigBlue
    BaconNBigBlue

    Not sure I'll renew my TSN subscription next year. Why pay good money to watch this team if they are not going to even try to make adjustments. I'd rather put my money towards a dominatrix that will

  • rebusrankin
    rebusrankin

    Only two more years until MOS+KW get another 3 year extension.

Featured Replies

There was a gradual decline starting from 22-24 for sure but the big thing to me was how they spent the 2024-25 offseason jacking off. Still haven’t been able to catch up.

Now the team is a mess with massive holes all over the roster and the second worst coaching staff in the league after Ottawa (and that might be arguable at this point)

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Ask Google who his OC was in Ottawa.

So, a question I would ask is..."How does Condell keep getting hired?" The team does have some issues with player talent and player deployment but there is also no doubt in my (fan)mind that Condell (and Younger) are a step behind the majority of the coordinators in the league.

10 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I’m can’t believe a team that’s wrapped up the east essentially by Labour Day came out hungrier, better prepared, more disciplined, more passion, and quite simply played like they wanted it more. Every time i think Winnipeg may turn the corner and come out hungry they lay an egg. I mean at this point we are what we are. A 7-10 win team. Wildly mediocre.

i can with this staff

9 hours ago, Subzero said:

Man when’s the last time Demski did anything? And vaval looks like shite

Vaval actually had almost perfect coverage on several of those plays...and a few others played it best u could...was right there and immediately

made the tackle...Not his fault he was tasked to cover the best qb/WR tandem in league....Thank god it was him out there or it prob would have been real ugly...Dude played damn good

Vaval wasn't the worst DB we've seen in a long while but he while he had decent position on a lot of Als big plays he didn't make a play on the ball on any of them until the 4th Q. A little more mind to the ball and he has 3 picks in that game.

I personally hate the "eyes" strategy for DB's turning and running without locating the ball relying on the receivers eyes to then try to recover the ball. The fact he had position on a few of those double moves or fades to the sideline meant he had to then relocate the ball even though he was basically running the route himself and could have easily pulled those balls down. Just no mentality on our D to make plays on the ball.

14 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Vaval wasn't the worst DB we've seen in a long while but he while he had decent position on a lot of Als big plays he didn't make a play on the ball on any of them until the 4th Q. A little more mind to the ball and he has 3 picks in that game.

I personally hate the "eyes" strategy for DB's turning and running without locating the ball relying on the receivers eyes to then try to recover the ball. The fact he had position on a few of those double moves or fades to the sideline meant he had to then relocate the ball even though he was basically running the route himself and could have easily pulled those balls down. Just no mentality on our D to make plays on the ball.

Oh I agree, but that will come with reps and seeing things...as with exactly what you mentioned he recognized and attacked...reps in "real' games matter and how you develop...let him develop!!

34 minutes ago, Booch said:

Oh I agree, but that will come with reps and seeing things...as with exactly what you mentioned he recognized and attacked...reps in "real' games matter and how you develop...let him develop!!

Problem is they pissed around with Moxey at that spot when it was evident he should have been benched after the first 2 games.

The time to let guys develop is June and July. Same with Singer and Texada.

If Smith, Vaval, Texada and Singer were starting by say week 3, we’d be fighting for 1st or 2nd. Probably would have been done in by the interior OL and Condell’s ineptitude at some point either way, but still in much better shape.

26 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Problem is they pissed around with Moxey at that spot when it was evident he should have been benched after the first 2 games.

The time to let guys develop is June and July. Same with Singer and Texada.

If Smith, Vaval, Texada and Singer were starting by say week 3, we’d be fighting for 1st or 2nd. Probably would have been done in by the interior OL and Condell’s ineptitude at some point either way, but still in much better shape.

I think they have to decide on Vaval if he's a corner or a kick returner. He's not really effective at either when doing both. If he's the returner, then he's a role player on D, not a starter.

I'm not convinced that Brown has the 'jam' to be the answer at qb for this club...Actually I was skeptical the first time he played in the Peg...He has a quick release and when he's accurate works for the short game....I don't think the long game is his forte and that's a problem....You need both to be successful....watch Alexander for proof....I hope Elgersma brings it next year and takes the reins....In fact I hope we get to see him get some more reps before the season is out....O'Shea is a problem as witnessed in that game last night....At least he should have inserted Perkins, who by the way can throw and run...Why we haven't seen more of the guy this year is amazing.. Just part of the talent that seems to get ignored on this club, even when it was prudent to insert them, at least to get valuable reps...BUT that's another story

17 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think they have to decide on Vaval if he's a corner or a kick returner. He's not really effective at either when doing both. If he's the returner, then he's a role player on D, not a starter.

I think his potential at corner will be more important next year with the rule changes. Kicks are going to be going through the end all the time and the missed FG returns are basically gone.

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I'm not convinced that Brown has the 'jam' to be the answer at qb for this club...Actually I was skeptical the first time he played in the Peg...He has a quick release and when he's accurate works for the short game....I don't think the long game is his forte and that's a problem....You need both to be successful....watch Alexander for proof....I hope Elgersma brings it next year and takes the reins....In fact I hope we get to see him get some more reps before the season is out....O'Shea is a problem as witnessed in that game last night....At least he should have inserted Perkins, who by the way can throw and run...Why we haven't seen more of the guy this year is amazing.. Just part of the talent that seems to get ignored on this club, even when it was prudent to insert them, at least to get valuable reps...BUT that's another story

I hope so too. Brown is to inconsistent.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Vaval wasn't the worst DB we've seen in a long while but he while he had decent position on a lot of Als big plays he didn't make a play on the ball on any of them until the 4th Q. A little more mind to the ball and he has 3 picks in that game.

I personally hate the "eyes" strategy for DB's turning and running without locating the ball relying on the receivers eyes to then try to recover the ball. The fact he had position on a few of those double moves or fades to the sideline meant he had to then relocate the ball even though he was basically running the route himself and could have easily pulled those balls down. Just no mentality on our D to make plays on the ball.

to my eyes, right from the second quarter on, the whole team knew that they were no only going to lose, they were going to get their collective butts kicked up and down the field, so they essentially gave up. They slowed down a half-step and that was enough.

59 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I'm not convinced that Brown has the 'jam' to be the answer at qb for this club...Actually I was skeptical the first time he played in the Peg...He has a quick release and when he's accurate works for the short game....I don't think the long game is his forte and that's a problem....You need both to be successful....watch Alexander for proof....I hope Elgersma brings it next year and takes the reins....In fact I hope we get to see him get some more reps before the season is out....O'Shea is a problem as witnessed in that game last night....At least he should have inserted Perkins, who by the way can throw and run...Why we haven't seen more of the guy this year is amazing.. Just part of the talent that seems to get ignored on this club, even when it was prudent to insert them, at least to get valuable reps...BUT that's another story

People sleeping on Perkins..for some reason people think he can't throw...he can...he actually has a strong arm

Plus hes not some small qb..dude is big and durable...but also damn elusive. Why we havnt had packages for him set to his strengths while easing into other aspects is crazy stupid.

I see more immediate potential in him over TE who really hadn't impressed anytime I seen him..hope Perkins gets every chance to win starting job next yr..like hes only 29...could have a good solid 6..7 yrs ahead of him

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I think his potential at corner will be more important next year with the rule changes. Kicks are going to be going through the end all the time and the missed FG returns are basically gone.

There are going to be a lot more punts though with FG's out of reach.

31 minutes ago, Booch said:

People sleeping on Perkins..for some reason people think he can't throw...he can...he actually has a strong arm

Plus hes not some small qb..dude is big and durable...but also damn elusive. Why we havnt had packages for him set to his strengths while easing into other aspects is crazy stupid.

I see more immediate potential in him over TE who really hadn't impressed anytime I seen him..hope Perkins gets every chance to win starting job next yr..like hes only 29...could have a good solid 6..7 yrs ahead of him

Perkins has utility in a RPO scheme. No one really making that work in the CFL though consistently. Need to be able to set up in pocket and make D pay. Even Bombers made Alexander look like a pile of **** with decent contain work in the game in Winnipeg. Why his hammy is so important, if he can't get out of the pocket, he's a pretty average QB.

Watch Perkins UFL MVP season clips, easily accessible on YouTube, every single play, and tell me that's a guy you think is going to do anything from the pocket in this league.

I don't doubt his arm strength, I doubt his accuracy and ability to move the ball out.

I think a good OC would have been using Perkins like we used Streveler at his peak though. Huge potential to set up a run heavy pack for him with pass reads in there just to go over the top when the D is now overplaying the run between him and the backs/receivers on sweeps, options. We have all the guys to run that stuff, Wilson, White, Demski and the backs.

Should have that to fall back on when O has so much trouble getting untracked generally.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

23 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

think a good OC would have been using Perkins like we used Streveler at his peak though. Huge potential to set up a run heavy pack for him with pass reads in there just to go over the top when the D is now overplaying the run between him and the backs/receivers on sweeps, options. We have all the guys to run that stuff, Wilson, White, Demski and the backs.

I absolutely thought that was going to be a thing and a reason they kept bringing in guys with tool kits like that. Bottles the mind that nothing like that was even installed. Even the riders are trying to make Tommy Stevens a thing

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I absolutely thought that was going to be a thing and a reason they kept bringing in guys with tool kits like that. Bottles the mind that nothing like that was even installed. Even the riders are trying to make Tommy Stevens a thing

A horrible thing.

alien-covenant-2017.jpg

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Perkins has utility in a RPO scheme. No one really making that work in the CFL though consistently. Need to be able to set up in pocket and make D pay. Even Bombers made Alexander look like a pile of **** with decent contain work in the game in Winnipeg. Why his hammy is so important, if he can't get out of the pocket, he's a pretty average QB.

Watch Perkins UFL MVP season clips, easily accessible on YouTube, every single play, and tell me that's a guy you think is going to do anything from the pocket in this league.

I don't doubt his arm strength, I doubt his accuracy and ability to move the ball out.

I think a good OC would have been using Perkins like we used Streveler at his peak though. Huge potential to set up a run heavy pack for him with pass reads in there just to go over the top when the D is now overplaying the run between him and the backs/receivers on sweeps, options. We have all the guys to run that stuff, Wilson, White, Demski and the backs.

Should have that to fall back on when O has so much trouble getting untracked generally.

With our oline tho..we shouldn't be a heavy from pocket offence anyway.

I think if we had a competent OC..and a HC with the sensibility to craft his roster to accentuate the kind of QB he is that he would be quite successful..

His NFL tape I more concerned with in play/ability than UFL..I dont think ive watched more than 10 snaps of any ufl in my life

3 hours ago, Booch said:

People sleeping on Perkins..for some reason people think he can't throw...he can...he actually has a strong arm

Plus hes not some small qb..dude is big and durable...but also damn elusive. Why we havnt had packages for him set to his strengths while easing into other aspects is crazy stupid.

I see more immediate potential in him over TE who really hadn't impressed anytime I seen him..hope Perkins gets every chance to win starting job next yr..like hes only 29...could have a good solid 6..7 yrs ahead of him

Ummm....we're talking O'Shea, so......

49 minutes ago, Booch said:

With our oline tho..we shouldn't be a heavy from pocket offence anyway.

I think if we had a competent OC..and a HC with the sensibility to craft his roster to accentuate the kind of QB he is that he would be quite successful..

His NFL tape I more concerned with in play/ability than UFL..I dont think ive watched more than 10 snaps of any ufl in my life

His NFL tape is a guy taking a sack every 7th dropback which is exactly what I'm talking about. He can't pass. Solid RPO weapon but if he could pass at all he wouldn't be here or the UFL.

19 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

His NFL tape is a guy taking a sack every 7th dropback which is exactly what I'm talking about. He can't pass. Solid RPO weapon but if he could pass at all he wouldn't be here or the UFL.

Could the game outcomes be different with him behind center? Maybe not, but he deserves to be given a chance to show who he is and what he can do.

On 2026-10-04 at 10:51 AM, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think they have to decide on Vaval if he's a corner or a kick returner. He's not really effective at either when doing both. If he's the returner, then he's a role player on D, not a starter.

I don't see how they can take him off defense. Sure he didn't win against Philpot. But no one has this year. The guy needs to be on the field more often than a punt and kick returns.

On 2026-10-04 at 10:51 AM, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think they have to decide on Vaval if he's a corner or a kick returner. He's not really effective at either when doing both. If he's the returner, then he's a role player on D, not a starter.

I agree and if this were me making the decision, I'd keep him as a returner .. for better or worse, the organization seems to be able to find serviceable DBs each year.

A LEGITIMATE threat to turn the field around on special teams is much much harder to find. With the rule changes, will it matter as much? Who knows.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Could the game outcomes be different with him behind center? Maybe not, but he deserves to be given a chance to show who he is and what he can do.

Why? You put the guy out there that you believe gives you the best chance to win. You don't **** around because, "Hey, that kid has moxey! Let's give him a shot."

The guy on our roster, right now, who gives us the best chance to win is Brown.

If it's a blow out, or we're getting blown out, sure .. different story .. put in Perkins .. put in Elgersma .. and of the two, I'd rather see Elgersma get the reps.

7 hours ago, Tracker said:

Could the game outcomes be different with him behind center? Maybe not, but he deserves to be given a chance to show who he is and what he can do.

Originally the Faj as well couldn't do squat from the pocket, most his success was all off script and sandlot tye plays...But he was given a chance and stuck with by a HC/OC who knew how to best use him...the kind of players to surround him with...and he bet our bumbling brain dead staff in the Grey Cup, and has his current team sitting in 1st

Like I've said many times if you have the raw talent...complimentary metrics, you can play with the proper coaching and supporting staff...nd Perkins has more natural skill than the Faj.

So we have the coaching chops and ability to craft adequate and diverse roster to compliment and augment...Hell to the no on that one

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't see how they can take him off defense. Sure he didn't win against Philpot. But no one has this year. The guy needs to be on the field more often than a punt and kick returns.

Yeah he is the only one who really shows any signs of being a playmaker/difference maker on our defense outside of Smith and Griffin....I'd say Williams if he can clean up the occasional brain fart too....we need all the difference makers on defence we can get

If that means in FA we have to go after the best pure returner available to make it work...then so be it....This positions and ratio requirements carved in stone no matter what cause thats what was successful over half a decade ago needs to be put in the trash

5 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

I agree and if this were me making the decision, I'd keep him as a returner .. for better or worse, the organization seems to be able to find serviceable DBs each year.

A LEGITIMATE threat to turn the field around on special teams is much much harder to find. With the rule changes, will it matter as much? Who knows.

Why? You put the guy out there that you believe gives you the best chance to win. You don't **** around because, "Hey, that kid has moxey! Let's give him a shot."

The guy on our roster, right now, who gives us the best chance to win is Brown.

If it's a blow out, or we're getting blown out, sure .. different story .. put in Perkins .. put in Elgersma .. and of the two, I'd rather see Elgersma get the reps.

And that's exactly the point, 2/3rds the way thru the 3rd was apparent we were not gonna win that game...was a perfect opportunity to change it up...Give Mtl a diff look and see what Perkins could muster....but nope

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Originally the Faj as well couldn't do squat from the pocket, most his success was all off script and sandlot tye plays...But he was given a chance and stuck with by a HC/OC who knew how to best use him...the kind of players to surround him with...and he bet our bumbling brain dead staff in the Grey Cup, and has his current team sitting in 1st

Like I've said many times if you have the raw talent...complimentary metrics, you can play with the proper coaching and supporting staff...nd Perkins has more natural skill than the Faj.

So we have the coaching chops and ability to craft adequate and diverse roster to compliment and augment...Hell to the no on that one

Yeah he is the only one who really shows any signs of being a playmaker/difference maker on our defense outside of Smith and Griffin....I'd say Williams if he can clean up the occasional brain fart too....we need all the difference makers on defence we can get

If that means in FA we have to go after the best pure returner available to make it work...then so be it....This positions and ratio requirements carved in stone no matter what cause thats what was successful over half a decade ago needs to be put in the trash

And that's exactly the point, 2/3rds the way thru the 3rd was apparent we were not gonna win that game...was a perfect opportunity to change it up...Give Mtl a diff look and see what Perkins could muster....but nope

One of the newbies we signed a few days ago is a returner as well as a receiver. Dare we hope?

6 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

I agree and if this were me making the decision, I'd keep him as a returner .. for better or worse, the organization seems to be able to find serviceable DBs each year.

A LEGITIMATE threat to turn the field around on special teams is much much harder to find. With the rule changes, will it matter as much? Who knows.

Why? You put the guy out there that you believe gives you the best chance to win. You don't **** around because, "Hey, that kid has moxey! Let's give him a shot."

The guy on our roster, right now, who gives us the best chance to win is Brown.

If it's a blow out, or we're getting blown out, sure .. different story .. put in Perkins .. put in Elgersma .. and of the two, I'd rather see Elgersma get the reps.

It seem that our beloved head coach has not been very successful in determining which QB to put out there. Whether it was his fault or not, Brown was utterly ineffective after the first period.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.