Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)

With Rookie Camps getting underway Wednesday, it's time to talk about the 2026 CFL season!

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Views 39.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 3DownNation DAZN hires Chris Streveler as CFL, NFL analyst - 3DownNation Chris Streveler has been hired by DAZN as a CFL and NFL analyst, creator, and on-air personality, the streaming service announc

  • 17to85
    17to85

    No I don't

  • JuranBoldenRules
    JuranBoldenRules

    Heard yesterday morning out of Regina a Rider player had been in a wreck and that it was likely the Rider players fault, didn't know who until afternoon. Then a lot of locals went off on a "brown guy

Featured Replies

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

No other fan base is gonna feel sorry for us and our players so I sure as **** ain't gonna "have a bad feeling" (o noes!) about Davis Alexander...

First who the F cares what other fan bases think and second, big picture here, is the league needs quality dynamic players to survive and thrive and I'll end with a term you love to use, full stop.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Yea, the league has been in far worse shape in the past than it is now. Both financially and on field. Lately we've been told that there is a QB crisis...not seeing it personally. Financial crisis? I don't think the league has been in such good shape in decades. I get that everyone wants our league to be uber successful, but in the past we've been kept afloat by lifelines from the NFL and to own a CFL franchise in almost every city is an act of philanthropy....always has been but in the last few years we've seen 3 beautiful new stadiums built and revenues this year just went up dramatically just on the TV contract. Are teams going to lose money? Some of them but that's basically a given in the CFL since Christ was a cowboy.

Except for Winnipeg everybody lost money last year.

31 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Except for Winnipeg everybody lost money last year.

Thats true, and in general things would be pretty dire. If it wasn't for the Dazn deal. I bet every team in the league turns a profit next year.

But the league will have a lot to live up to with that deal.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

No other fan base is gonna feel sorry for us and our players so I sure as **** ain't gonna "have a bad feeling" (o noes!) about Davis Alexander...

also, I ******* hate boring football. There's fewer things uglier than a CFL game with inept quarterbacking.

Edited by johnzo

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

No other fan base is gonna feel sorry for us and our players so I sure as **** ain't gonna "have a bad feeling" (o noes!) about Davis Alexander...

giphy.webp

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

also, I ******* hate boring football. There's fewer things uglier than a CFL game with inept quarterbacking.

Great post!! Nothing says amateur football when your statrting qb can't find an open receiver downfield. Or just looks so out of it that the coaches look like dumbasses playing him. Like Milanovich did last Sunday. How can a guy like Dolegala with 3 to 4 years of experience not understand a CFL defense??? What's he do, sleep thru the qb meetings & film sessions? If these American qbs don't get it after two seasons, then they should be cut & bring in the next guy.

2 hours ago, johnzo said:

also, I ******* hate boring football. There's fewer things uglier than a CFL game with inept quarterbacking.

You obviously haven't been in Regina on a Saturday night.

16 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Except for Winnipeg everybody lost money last year.

But somehow league revenues went up?

I don't know what accounting logic teams are using, but the math ain't mathing.

29 minutes ago, Jesse said:

But somehow league revenues went up?

I don't know what accounting logic teams are using, but the math ain't mathing.

It's probably not net revenue. Increased income but still not turning a profit

with next yr revenue from TV/Streaming deals basically tripling teams should be in black for most part...especially if they figure out how to market like we do

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

with next yr revenue from TV/Streaming deals basically tripling teams should be in black for most part...especially if they figure out how to market like we do

Yep, should be in the black for a while. Can any of the other organizations actually budget and maintain profitability? Certainly not all, but they won't have excuses at least.

I bet a big chunk goes into the player cap, then we all waste money on the stupid field changes, then again on changing things back.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Yep, should be in the black for a while. Can any of the other organizations actually budget and maintain profitability? Certainly not all, but they won't have excuses at least.

I bet a big chunk goes into the player cap, then we all waste money on the stupid field changes, then again on changing things back.

yeah...players will see some...and the possible changes may eat up some...but teams if they put in the effort...use the Bombers template as a way to do it can get fan engagement and make the game day a place to be...just have to get off their butts and do it

I do think as well that some of the changes may not come about...especially if this seasons game continue on the path they are

Some the rule changes...the clock thing...rouge change....benches where they should be...all for it...and hopefully a game day roster increase by 2..3 guys comes to fruition....But some rethinking of the field changes may get put on back burner for a while. Cause really they aren't an issue and if anything will cause less excitement, and unneeded costs...so why bother?

The thing right now is all teams save for Ottawa..I guess Ham now had legit/effective starters...the field dynamics had nothing todo with scoring

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Great post!! Nothing says amateur football when your statrting qb can't find an open receiver downfield. Or just looks so out of it that the coaches look like dumbasses playing him. Like Milanovich did last Sunday. How can a guy like Dolegala with 3 to 4 years of experience not understand a CFL defense??? What's he do, sleep thru the qb meetings & film sessions? If these American qbs don't get it after two seasons, then they should be cut & bring in the next guy.

I don't know what Dolegala scored in his Wonderlic but I think it would be somewhere in the neighborhood and equivalent of 'mentally challenged'...and their coach mirrors that

Ford gets the start for Hamilton.

Not sure if it was mentioned or not but they've also brought back Harrison Frost. He was with them the last couple years before jumping to the UFL (went 2-1 as a starter there with St. Louis).

So does Frost get the start next week? Lol

I would not be surprised to see Frost start next week, if Ford can't get it done (or at least show something). I think it's pretty clear Milanovich doesn't have much confidence in either Dolegala or Ford so he'll just keep throwing **** against the wall to see what sticks.

41 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So does Frost get the start next week? Lol

An early Frost is never a good thing.

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

An early Frost is never a good thing.

ba GIF

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

I don't know what Dolegala scored in his Wonderlic but I think it would be somewhere in the neighborhood and equivalent of 'mentally challenged'...and their coach mirrors that

29/50, which is a bit over average over all for qbs. But most starters are in the low 30s.

5 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah...players will see some...and the possible changes may eat up some...but teams if they put in the effort...use the Bombers template as a way to do it can get fan engagement and make the game day a place to be...just have to get off their butts and do it

I do think as well that some of the changes may not come about...especially if this seasons game continue on the path they are

Some the rule changes...the clock thing...rouge change....benches where they should be...all for it...and hopefully a game day roster increase by 2..3 guys comes to fruition....But some rethinking of the field changes may get put on back burner for a while. Cause really they aren't an issue and if anything will cause less excitement, and unneeded costs...so why bother?

The thing right now is all teams save for Ottawa..I guess Ham now had legit/effective starters...the field dynamics had nothing todo with scoring

My biggest hope with this money is that the league invests in the Ops cap. After that, reinvest in grassroots ball.

17 hours ago, bigg jay said:

I would not be surprised to see Frost start next week, if Ford can't get it done (or at least show something). I think it's pretty clear Milanovich doesn't have much confidence in either Dolegala or Ford so he'll just keep throwing **** against the wall to see what sticks.

Finding someone by doing that method like a wing & a prayer will take years.

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

29/50, which is a bit over average over all for qbs. But most starters are in the low 30s.

My biggest hope with this money is that the league invests in the Ops cap. After that, reinvest in grassroots ball.

They can do what they ant with the end zones & 55 yards line just leave the goalposts where they are so the risk of a run back for a TD is still in play. Whether or not the Commissioner's favourite team lost a Grey Cup on a wide FG return. Which is a stupid reason to get rid of it.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Finding someone by doing that method like a wing & a prayer will take years.

I agree but their options are pretty limited.

If they are lucky, Ford or Frost will show enough that they have some hope, otherwise it's going to be a long season for them.

18 hours ago, bigg jay said:

I agree but their options are pretty limited.

If they are lucky, Ford or Frost will show enough that they have some hope, otherwise it's going to be a long season for them.

Brown played well above expectations last night but it'll take a series of good games for me to start believing that he has a chance to be a long term starter wherever he plays. Watching him last night, I believe that he still gives up on plays too soon. I have no idea if he goes thru all of his reads & progressions. He just relies on his legs a lot & is leaving himself open for a devastating injury with all the running he does.

You gotta let Ford be Ford. Two quick reads then go for a run. That's what makes him dangerous. He has a great arm too, but his choices aren't great. I thought he looked way more in control last night. Not many QB's would have looked good behind that O line last night after the injuries.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.