2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

DT reporting... Anthony Bennet still at TC in a hoody. Maybe that wasn't such a bad bet after all

Mos said in an interview with bauming that he was hurt and wasn't able to rehab on time. And that they give him a day then he is off to rehab. Might spend some time with the teams trainers. He was high on bennett, but also didn't seem sold on guys coming back any time soon. 

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Pretty thin though if you lose a receiver, running back or two in game if you declare 6.  Couple injuries means you have Augustine or Chris-Ike/Clericius/Murphy on the field every down.  I know we're high on the draft picks but they need to get their feet wet.  I can't see them going 6 and 1 purely for flexibility for sub packages on both sides of the ball.  Canadian OL depth isn't great either.  They are one injury away from dressing 3 Americans. 

They have the guys to play 2 Canadians on the field on D between the DL, Gauthier and DB's.  They have at least 5 Canadians who are role players on D plus Karamoko.  Would be nice to have a Canadian/Global edge guy though.  Then you have Hallett, and special teamers if somehow you end up with 4-5 injuries in game.  O just have way fewer backups.

See DI's being Castillo, one returner (receiver or RB), one rush end, one DB/LB type.

we will have Augustine...drafted kid....Clericus, filling in who will be fine...also will have a DI returner who will have offensive chops this year...be it Cruickshank or I hope Smith...plus we rolled tht way for ;last 4 yrs..5 yrs?...with lesser talent

and hey..there is a Nationized American rule....use the effing thing and dont be a stubborn ol bugger...only reason we arent using it cause Osh don't like it.....so really we don't have to play 2 Canadians on the field on defence...we as it stands barely have the depth right bnow to field one with a quality backup

Just now, Pete said:

just saw the db salaries on 3down, I had no idea we would be paying Kramdl top db money (1. Between him and Lawton feells like 125-139k . and Lawton 135k. Feels like we are overpaying . Especially if |Cole moves to that position.

Could have used that for de .

ouch

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Man I hope Hamilton is out to lunch with his talk of an all Canadian interior on the D line.

I don't see that happening.

I could see some packages with Lawson and Thomas both out there.  But like a handful of snaps in a game.

With Kramdi, Ford, Gauthier there's not much reason to.

Be interesting to see if Younger uses 30 fronts as much as Hall had settled into the past couple years.

I'm hoping they have an 8 guy rotation on DL...but seems like that is out the window with our Global picks and lack of Canadian edge guys.  All our Globals are basically WIL types.  Unfortunate.

I don't see that happening.

I could see some packages with Lawson and Thomas both out there.  But like a handful of snaps in a game.

With Kramdi, Ford, Gauthier there's not much reason to.

Be interesting to see if Younger uses 30 fronts as much as Hall had settled into the past couple years.

I'm hoping they have an 8 guy rotation on DL...but seems like that is out the window with our Global picks and lack of Canadian edge guys.  All our Globals are basically WIL types.  Unfortunate.

in what world...or what reason would at this point...want Thomas and Lawson both out there?....not being a prick...just curious?

12 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

DT reporting... Anthony Bennet still at TC in a hoody. Maybe that wasn't such a bad bet after all

Who you taking out of the O? Guard going American....?

I don't understand your question.  Say Eli is injured...our 7th OL is Wallace or an American....that guy would be the 6th OL if we're down any of our Canadian OL.  They'd have to set their game roster to fit this, which means you dress Wallace if he's ready to play or you dress an American as a DI to backup.  Which probably affects the secondary/LB DI.

They might be able to poach someone out of cuts who could be a PR/fill in guy as a Canadian.

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

we will have Augustine...drafted kid....Clericus, filling in who will be fine...also will have a DI returner who will have offensive chops this year...be it Cruickshank or I hope Smith...plus we rolled tht way for ;last 4 yrs..5 yrs?...with lesser talent

and hey..there is a Nationized American rule....use the effing thing and dont be a stubborn ol bugger...only reason we arent using it cause Osh don't like it.....so really we don't have to play 2 Canadians on the field on defence...we as it stands barely have the depth right bnow to field one with a quality backup

ouch

I'm not too concerned about our NI depth, TC and pre season will show us a lot of what we can expect and how things will shake down. A good NA piece on offence would be clutch. 

Kramdi is a surprise, I don't think any one else would've given him that money. Lawson I'm fine with he should be our starter and play the most reps of any of our DTs. 

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

in what world...or what reason would at this point...want Thomas and Lawson both out there?....not being a prick...just curious?

Roster management lol. We really better not be going in that direction. Thomas does not have much left in the tank, and I can't imagine his body is up to major reps. 

we will have Neuf...Dobson...Eli...Kolo dressed for 3 spots...so one goes down..the other steps in...same with most every other team..all in same bnoat..we dressed 7 last yr which I hope we dont this yr...and if they choose to keep throwing Fatboi out there..well thats your 7th

We are set up just fine to declare 6 on offence...and have adequate coverage...and again....adequate guys to be a Nationlized Canadian in case of injury..which many here seem to forget about since our coach is to hard headed to use it

We are not set up currently to declare 2 national starters on defence without a major drop off in talent to cover injury, as well as what e like to do scheme wise...unless...we utilize that aformentioned rule...which we all know we wont..

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

If they go heavy front they'll both likely be out there with an American DT.

They played a ton of snaps last year with 2 Canadian DL, combinations of Thomas, Lawson or Bennett, a few reps of Hansen when he was available.

I'm not saying what I want.  I'm saying what is likely to happen.

Just now, wbbfan said:

I'm not too concerned about our NI depth, TC and pre season will show us a lot of what we can expect and how things will shake down. A good NA piece on offence would be clutch. 

Kramdi is a surprise, I don't think any one else would've given him that money. Lawson I'm fine with he should be our starter and play the most reps of any of our DTs. 

Roster management lol. We really better not be going in that direction. Thomas does not have much left in the tank, and I can't imagine his body is up to major reps. 

Let alone start him...what SAM in the league would any other team in the CFL sat for him??

If they go heavy front they'll both likely be out there with an American DT.

They played a ton of snaps last year with 2 Canadian DL, combinations of Thomas, Lawson or Bennett, a few reps of Hansen when he was available.

I'm not saying what I want.  I'm saying what is likely to happen.

Fox...Randel if healthy and rostered...Davis if rostered would give better use in a heavy set with Lawson that Thomas

And generally we got roasted and gutted with that....the bolded part

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don't understand your question.  Say Eli is injured...our 7th OL is Wallace or an American....that guy would be the 6th OL if we're down any of our Canadian OL.  They'd have to set their game roster to fit this, which means you dress Wallace if he's ready to play or you dress an American as a DI to backup.  Which probably affects the secondary/LB DI.

They might be able to poach someone out of cuts who could be a PR/fill in guy as a Canadian.

Im not sure what's hard to understand. You don't think they will start 6 on O. They're not taking Brady, demski or Wally out. That leaves the 3 interior linemen. 

So again, what spot on O are they switching to American?

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Im not sure what's hard to understand. You don't think they will start 6 on O. They're not taking Brady, demski or Wally out. That leaves the 3 interior linemen. 

exactly...never happening....But ....If BO isnt good to go to start the season I hope they go with Chris Smith as the RB and not Auggie.....and then yeah declare 2 National on defence...Lawson and Ford being the actual starters...

11 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

It's just what they declare for flexibility purposes.  All they have to designate for the roster are the Designated Americans, the QB's and how many Canadians on each side of the ball.  They don't have to say who their starting Canadians are, they are just bound to always hit that minimum of guys on the field.  Say 6 on offense, so every offensive snap you need 6 Canadians on the field.  

The Canadian guys would play most reps and you'd effectively have an American who can sub for anyone.  Last year and 2022 in a few games they used McCrae like that.  Some games they went 6 and 1 using Darby or Parker like that.  A DI who is unrestricted for subs because he's essentially a "starter."

Say Ford wins the field corner spot...I'm not sure why they wouldn't go 5 and 2 for flexibility considering they have Kramdi, Lawson, Thomas, Gauthier, Karamoko (who can sub for a Canadian).

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

exactly...never happening....But ....If BO isnt good to go to start the season I hope they go with Chris Smith as the RB and not Auggie.....and then yeah declare 2 National on defence...Lawson and Ford being the actual starters...

They'll probably start 8 Cdns again,  6 on O, 2 on D.  Declare 2 starters on D. 

Agree they should go American at RB if BO can't go. 

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think wallace should be ready for 7th man ol duties and 6th if some one gets hurt. I suspect they are pretty high on Kalra too. Imo, Kola should be the 6th ol, but we are far from bad shape for NI depth. Plus, Gray could well come back if needed. I don't think another teams TC cut NI ol would be much better, and certainly not more familiar. 

2 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Agree with all of this. 

Gray is a mystery to me. You gotta think he's had offers from other clubs...I have heard he was kinda like JJ in terms of it was WPG or nothing unless there was an offer that blew his socks off. 

So yeah I tend to agree, If needed he may be available.

Edited by Bigblue204

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Gray is a mystery to me. You gotta think he's had offers from other clubs...I have heard he was kinda like JJ in terms of it was WPG or nothing unless there was an offer that blew his socks off. 

I believe he is still working on a masters degree in engineering at the U of M and has a research tech gig at the U too. probably doesn't want to leave that unless its deep into his chosen field of engineering. 

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

O'Shea always seems to have that one pet Canadian that he likes but isnt very good. Sam Hurl previously, now Kramdi.

Been a long list of those guys, always seems to be on D too. Kramdi isn't the worst one either. Actually Jake might be the worst one right now. 

3 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

we didnt declare 2 on defence last yr....when we started 8...and if they tried that again this yr, hopefully we have the bodies that we can freely sub an import wherever...

22 minutes ago, Booch said:

we will have Neuf...Dobson...Eli...Kolo dressed for 3 spots...so one goes down..the other steps in...same with most every other team..all in same bnoat..we dressed 7 last yr which I hope we dont this yr...and if they choose to keep throwing Fatboi out there..well thats your 7th

We are set up just fine to declare 6 on offence...and have adequate coverage...and again....adequate guys to be a Nationlized Canadian in case of injury..which many here seem to forget about since our coach is to hard headed to use it

We are not set up currently to declare 2 national starters on defence without a major drop off in talent to cover injury, as well as what e like to do scheme wise...unless...we utilize that aformentioned rule...which we all know we wont..

Yeah they really should be using Bighill or Jefferson in that Designated Nationalized American role.  Then you could effectively rotate with either another American LB or Rush end.  With our current roster composition Jefferson probably makes the most sense.  But if one of the American WIL/MAC types jumps of the page it makes sense for Bighill too.

Secondary a little trickier since they don't really sub much among the main 5.  But again it depends on who the DI's they want are.  If it's a DB then pop Alexander into that DNA spot.

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm not sure he's keeping the bulk from what I've heard.  Think he had a number and if no one was willing he's happy to be done.

32 minutes ago, Booch said:

In a perfect world you don't, but there may be times when a guy needs to tape a finger or something, or gasses out and needs to miss a snap.

Edited by GCn20

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Really don’t get the Kramdi hate. He’s solid. Always around the ball. Does his job well. You need the reliable guys just as much as you need the flashy guys, they set the flashy guys up to make those big plays.

Agree, he always seems to be in the right spot. My only gripe is that he plays a position where most teams have a flashy playmaker. 

Just now, Mike said:

Really don’t get the Kramdi hate. He’s solid. Always around the ball. Does his job well. You need the reliable guys just as much as you need the flashy guys, they set the flashy guys up to make those big plays.

No disrespect...noit sure what you seeing...aroiund the ball sure..after the fact...or with the posse...best thing he did was whiff on Rhymes....and if any one buys that "i missed on purpose" bs is a right sucker...you dont think and deduce that decision in that high magnitude of a game...in that moment and circumstance in a micro second...he whiffed plain and simple and our teams best tackler...and closer came out of nowhere to save the day...Parker for those not aware...the guy who should have been in Kramdi's spot