Game 63: a VAN Down By The River

Message to latest players acquired......'That was not the real Jets'.....It looked like a well rested Canuck club as opposed to a 'bagged' team coming in from Seattle ...What  crappy scheduling.....Don't like ever using that excuse but c'mon.....We'll even that one up in our barn in the last reg. season game....bloody rights

This game was whack! I'm hoping its the flu other wise we have to put the blame on any or all of the following...

• Tired. Jets usually excel at back2back's but March is hell month and there are still 12 games in the next 22 days left to go.
  • Small D. The fan's achilles heel. Jets D were the ones being pushed away from Helle.
  • Ice monster. Have you ever seen so many players on one team fall flat on the ice without anyone around?

Gotta be the flu.
Yep.
Hope.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Message to latest players acquired......'That was not the real Jets'.....It looked like a well rested Canuck club as opposed to a 'bagged' team coming in from Seattle ...What  crappy scheduling.....Don't like ever using that excuse but c'mon.....We'll even that one up in our barn in the last reg. season game....bloody rights

I was wondering about that too - how many times this year have the Canucks benefited from a team coming in from a previous night's game in Seattle?  Of course, the Jets often get the same with a team coming in after playing the Wild the previous night...so...there's that...I guess.

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I go to Seattle quite a bit so I'd love to see a game down there. I have a Jets jersey I'd wear. Oh, BTW, my son & his wife are expecting a baby in May.

Congrats. 

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Since his win against the Canucks Feb. 17, Connor Hellebuyck is 3-4-0 with a GAA of 3.60 and save% of .892. Brossoit over that same time is 4-0-0 with 1 shutout,  a GAA of 1.75 and a save % of .938. 

When the team can’t score goals, this is what happens but yup brossoit has been better recently. They seem to play more structured D when bro plays also. Helle kinda left on an island. Dude faced more shots in the 1st last night then bro did all game vs Seattle. 

Edited by Goalie