Game 59 : @ Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season

I get the feeling that this is the game that turns things around and they start playing the system again. What a comeback. 5 straight. 

to be fair I thought they had a good road first. 2nd was awful. 3rd is what makes you believe. They looked like they just read the Whitney stuff during the 2nd intermission and said fraud this. 

Edited by Goalie

Who the hell lit that fire that's been missing with this club for quite awhile...Whoever it was sign him long term....I thought we were done for and then all of a sudden we looked like world beaters....You have to feel good after that come back....Keep er goin' Jets

Just now, Goalie said:

Vilardi apparently back here in the peg being reevaluated. Lingering injury. 

Trade deadline fast approaching. 

wonder if we make a shocking hockey trade involving Perfetti. 

wouldn't surprise me if we dealt Perfetti ....Some said we needed more than Monahan to go deep in the playoffs....Maybe we're going to pull off another trade????to do just that

Philly scouts was at the game today. We are at their games. Been going on quite a while also. Gotta think something brewing there. Yes Philly in playoffs currently but briere has said they will move players if a deal is there regardless so where there’s smoke gotta be some fire. 

Just now, Jpan85 said:

Tarasenko would be a guy that I would like see could play in the top 6

Don’t think we are scouting each other. He’d be a great fit but don’t think we have scouted Ottawa much. Philly tho, something brewing there. 

48 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Trading Perfetti would be incredibly short sighted. They were so patient with Scheifele... They'll do the same with Perfetti.

They should send him to the moose then since they still can. Doesn’t require waivers. 

13 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Think there's more patience with a 6'3 center.

I doubt they move Perfetti but comparing the first ever pick of 2.0 who got better as time went on to a guy who is regressing and not the best skater out there is interesting 

I've got the same feeling about Perfetti that I did about Jack Roslovic - has the potential to be a good player but if we can get something for him on the market that can bolster our top six then it's time to go.  I don't think anyone is going to bite but we'll see.  Who does Philly have that we would want?  Morgan Frost?

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

They should send him to the moose then since they still can. Doesn’t require waivers. 

I doubt they move Perfetti but comparing the first ever pick of 2.0 who got better as time went on to a guy who is regressing and not the best skater out there is interesting 

Just a reminder that Perfetti just turned 22 at the start of the year. This is his second full season and third overall. He had 8 goals, 22 assists last year for 30 points in 51 games, is 14-16-30 this year with a quarter season to go (on pace for 19-22-41). Scheifele by comparison at 22 was in his 4th season (2nd full) and had 15 goals, 33 assists, 49 points in a full 82 game season, and in his third year was 13 goals. 21 assists, 34 points in 63 games. So fairly comparable numbers, Scheifele a bit ahead. Way too early to call for a trade IMO.