Boatman Versus KittyCats GD Thread.

rebusrankin

18 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Nice to see AJ Ouellette get a penalty for bringing his Thor hammer onto the field during the TD celebration.

so this is an illegal use of a prop... and, rightfully, gets penalized for it... meanwhile, the CFL is promoting it all over their social media... seems kinda odd... I get that it's "fun" and maybe they think that will attract viewers... but this is kind of like promoting a 15 yard penalty because it was a "big hit" or something 

19 minutes ago, bearpants said:

so this is an illegal use of a prop... and, rightfully, gets penalized for it... meanwhile, the CFL is promoting it all over their social media... seems kinda odd... I get that it's "fun" and maybe they think that will attract viewers... but this is kind of like promoting a 15 yard penalty because it was a "big hit" or something 

100% agree... it makes no sense. 

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I honestly hated the play call and the celebration. lol. 

the game was over and they're pulling out trick plays.... and then celebrating like they won the Cup? I sincerely hope it comes back and bites 'em in the ass. 

On 2023-09-05 at 4:56 PM, Bigblue204 said:

I honestly hated the play call ...

I appreciated it. Not because it was a gadget play and cool to watch, but because it will make defences have to account for it in future games. DBs won't be able to leave their cover as quickly to come up to the line for Ouellette.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

I appreciated it. Not because it was a gadget play and cool to watch, but because it will make defences have to account for it in future games. DBs won't be able to leave their cover as quickly to come up to the line for Ouellette.

On that specific play. It's one db that would already be out of making the first contact on Ouellette. It provided tape making sure it won't work for the rest of the year. Just bad use of it imo.

24 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

On that specific play. It's one db that would already be out of making the first contact on Ouellette. It provided tape making sure it won't work for the rest of the year. Just bad use of it imo.

Next few times we send AJ out wide I guess we'll see.

On 2023-09-07 at 9:41 AM, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah but say you're a DC and you're game planning for a big game vs. the Argos... now you have one more thing to plan for and one more thing the players have to absorb in film study ...and maybe when you play them the Argos run a different kind of play out of that alignment...

(I don't know anything about football, do coaches play the long game like this, selectively exposing concepts to try to influence future games?)