How would you coach to beat Winnipeg?

Nolby

On offense I would body up Wj. Don’t let him run around and do what he wants. Make him have to get off a block to make a play on every snap. Double jeffcoat. 
 Flex and motion through the back field a lot to stretch biggie sideline to sideline in the pass game and take him out of the a gaps in the run game. 
 Double moves at rose all day, don’t throw over the middle unless it’s a fast slant 3 step drop stuff. Attack the dbs cushion quickly and make a move don’t allow them to stay in the back peddle and look at the qb. 

On defense, I’d start out with cover zero and see what collaros mobility is like. If it’s bad overload sides and take direct lines to him. If it’s good, Gap cancel and play scrape exchange / sit and slash depending on personnel at de and lber if he’d ok. That’ll stretch the run and sweeps to the side line and give you a contain option for collaros. Zach is as much an old school down field throwing gambler as it gets. Show blitz and drop, rotate into robber, and do what our secondary does best. Cushion and stay in back peddle so you can jump balls. Bait him and under stand the scramble priorities. We trap a lot of dbs into chasing wrs instead of switching and staying deep/ shallow to take away. 

Edited by wbbfan

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

On offense I would body up Wj. Don’t let him run around and do what he wants. Make him have to get off a block to make a play on every snap. Double jeffcoat. 
 Flex and motion through the back field a lot to stretch biggie sideline to sideline in the pass game and take him out of the a gaps in the run game. 
 Double moves at rose all day, don’t throw over the middle unless it’s a fast slant 3 step drop stuff. Attack the dbs cushion quickly and make a move don’t allow them to stay in the back peddle and look at the qb. 

On defense, I’d start out with cover zero and see what collaros mobility is like. If it’s bad overload sides and take direct lines to him. If it’s good, Gap cancel and play scrape exchange / sit and slash depending on personnel at de and lber if he’d ok. That’ll stretch the run and sweeps to the side line and give you a contain option for collaros. Zach is as much an old school down field throwing gambler as it gets. Show blitz and drop, rotate into robber, and do what our secondary does best. Cushion and stay in back peddle so you can jump balls. Bait him and under stand the scramble priorities. We trap a lot of dbs into chasing wrs instead of switching and staying deep/ shallow to take away. 

What in the actual eff, I think wbbfan’s been hacked

3 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

What in the actual eff, I think wbbfan’s been hacked

Beep boop beep, would you be interested in working from home for 118$ an for amazons.com? 😆

Our game plan to win should be lots of play action setting up timing routes and screens then runs and deep shots. If collaros is good to run include roll outs. He loves the throw on the run. 
 On defense basically do what we’ve been doing but keep biggie in the middle and move Willy around. 

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I can tell you got fact there are

Believe what you want

There isn't a single coach in the CFL looking for a game plan from us. Yes, opposing staffs glance at forums looking for loose lips on unreported injuries or trick plays observed by practice attendees..but that is about it. Every coach in the CFL has much more knowledge of the game than any of us do.

29 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

There isn't a single coach in the CFL looking for a game plan from us. Yes, opposing staffs glance at forums looking for loose lips on unreported injuries or trick plays observed by practice attendees..but that is about it. Every coach in the CFL has much more knowledge of the game than any of us do.

Most importantly none of them are going to deviate from what they know how to coach. Better strategy exists especially in terms of offense but no one is going to go out side their comfort zone or try last second to get their players to do so.
 It’s easy to say steal play design from the ravens but even with the detailed design it’s hard to coach some thing you don’t have experience in. That’s why all the play books are soo vanilla in the cfl in general.  

32 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Most importantly none of them are going to deviate from what they know how to coach. Better strategy exists especially in terms of offense but no one is going to go out side their comfort zone or try last second to get their players to do so.
 It’s easy to say steal play design from the ravens but even with the detailed design it’s hard to coach some thing you don’t have experience in. That’s why all the play books are soo vanilla in the cfl in general.  

Exactly, this is what I meant more than anything. TO is going to do what TO does. WPG is gonna do what WPG does. Maybe coaches come on boards from time to time etc...but when this thread was created, the game plans had been established for days. Us talking about anything, changes nothing for either team regardless of who sees what.

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Exactly, this is what I meant more than anything. TO is going to do what TO does. WPG is gonna do what WPG does. Maybe coaches come on boards from time to time etc...but when this thread was created, the game plans had been established for days. Us talking about anything, changes nothing for either team regardless of who sees what.

agree.  

For team runners coming on these forums, I would assume they do it some to take the pulse of die hard fans some times. Maybe try to scavenge information about training camp cuts of value, perhaps some gossip about why vets might be benched hurt cut etc. And a limited few (maciocia cough cough) to soak in the adoration when they win. 
And even that much I would think is greatly reduced from say tamans era. 

I don’t think any coach or team runner is coming onto forums to look for any kind of edge.