Coddled Dome Dwellers @ Back 2 Back Champs: The Week Of Thread

Noeller

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So, if he won't stay in BC for $600,000 a year & is looking at millions in the NFL as you say then why is he willing to risk it all tonight for $70,000 

My best guess is he wants to get in synch with his offense before the playoffs, so he looks sharp in his final game

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'm gonna be legit... I don't see an NFL team giving Rourke a legit shot. He's not that good in reality 

A legit shot right now, as in next season, probably not..but he has enormous upside I'm sure a few teams would want to take a long look at on the PR. From there it's up to Rourke whether he wants to bet on himself. He has indicated he is interested in taking an NFL shot.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, if Rourke comes in all rah rah then he'll get an attitude adjustment at some point. he needs his agent to watch out for him. Pro football is a business. They'll chew him up otherwise. He has to make decisions with the future in mind. 

For sure. Coming back this season is extremely risky for him. Not sure what his mindset is for doing it?

Just now, Geebrr said:

Don’t underestimate what Darby does at SAM 

Great to have him back

Yeah....was gonna mention that..he was flying out there...and was solid as ever...and allows us to do a lot more...huge pickup to coincide with BA...who is already in receivers heads...u can virtually see it now...and it frees up Biggie to ne Biggie...

Yup...he been laying the lumber since he came back...and the bonus part..he can slide into many different coverages too...he could play corner or HB and be in the allstar conversation 

Rutz as well....gonna be a gooder...team hasnt given up on him in the least bit

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

What I liked was the statement on our first offensive play..Bailey just drilled Sayles and sent him flying  about 5 yards back...them Brady ran right through Purifoy and dragged 2 others for 11...right there BC knew they were done

Yeah when this team wants to send a message it's not just going out and trying to out fancy teams,  they just go out and punch guys in the mouth and then keep doing it play after play. 

Given how much this team has seemingly slept through the last month BC must have really annoyed them 2 weeks ago because last night was an ass kicking. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah when this team wants to send a message it's not just going out and trying to out fancy teams,  they just go out and punch guys in the mouth and then keep doing it play after play. 

Given how much this team has seemingly slept through the last month BC must have really annoyed them 2 weeks ago because last night was an ass kicking. 

Agreed, it was a vibe check - BC failed. Definitely celebrated way too hard a couple of weeks ago. Last week too TBH

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Tait has talked about a sign (I think??) in the Bombers locker room that says something to the effect of:

"Punch first, keep swinging, and never give up..." 

Sounds accurate. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Tait has talked about a sign (I think??) in the Bombers locker room that says something to the effect of:

Sounds accurate. 

Yeah I've described the Bombers as a ground and pound team before. They just don't need to be this high flying team, they just go out and physically grind their opponents down.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Sounds accurate. 

Yep - plus the “from the handshake”  motto. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah I've described the Bombers as a ground and pound team before. They just don't need to be this high flying team, they just go out and physically grind their opponents down.

One of my favourite things in 2019 was after the Gappers brought out their embarrassing big play chain - the Bombers D used just a plain steel chain link  as their chain. 

I think they only used it for one game