Back to Back Champs at Ticats GDT

Nolby

Just now, Stickem said:

Tell me this isn't the Bomber team we've come to know....They are stinking the joint out....Making Hamilton look like Cup contenders and we look like the pretenders....I haven't seen this club play that badly in years....Better make it closer in the second half or we are leaving there EMBARASSED with asses dragging

In a perfect world I'd say the season is long and inspiration can be hard to find every week, but the D has come very concerning and will need to be fixed. We can't just keep giving teams free easy short passes(and now long bombs today also).

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah but he never had an outlet. You're a quick read guy when you have 2 defenders running free at you lol

And that’s a problem I have - ticats clearly blitzing and there’s no outlet route.

there are some play calling and defensive reading issues right now.

To put this game in perspective, old timers here may remember. I can remember the Bombers laying more than one big licking on those juggernaut Eskimo teams in the early 80's at home. Wins by 3 or more TD's. Dominating the Esks on the field. Bomber fans loved it. Edmonton looked like ****, too. Come playoff time we had to play them at CWS & we lost everytime. One bad regular season game. Means nothing in the grand scheme of things. I don't like it but we should be snarly when the Stamps come to town next week. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

To put this game in perspective, old timers here may remember. I can remember the Bombers laying more than one big licking on those juggernaut Eskimo teams in the early 80's at home. Wins by 3 or more TD's. Dominating the Esks on the field. Bomber fans loved it. Edmonton looked like ****, too. Come playoff time we had to play them at CWS & we lost everytime. One bad regular season game. Means nothing in the grand scheme of things. I don't like it but we should be snarly when the Stamps come to town next week. 

No one comes to town next week and we don't play the Stamps again until maybe playoffs.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This is a great point and it's true, many good teams have games like this in a season. I just wish it wasn't coming against a team with the absolute worst record(who WAS predicted to win the East by many, albeit).

Well, that was an embarrassing first half. The Bomber D was nowhere to be seen. (Certainly the Ti-Cats receivers couldn't see them as they were playing so far off.) Parker got picked on so many times that towards the end he was giving less than a half-hearted effort. As for Rose...What the heck was he doing on the TD where he got burned more than I would have? Gauthier as a regular LB, even rotating, is not going to work. Sure his long locks look great when he's in the pursuit mode (all the time) but he's a special teamer at best. And we're not good enough in the middle of that D-line. Run stopping is a problem, too. I'm hoping that adjustments are made at the half to at least get a few stops. Otherwise it could be 50, maybe 60. Will the Ti-Cats run up the score? I would. And, I thought the O, except for a couple of plays, looked OK. End of rant. I'm tempted to not return for the second half......but I will.

Go Blue!