Week 10 Non-Champs Games

Noeller

3 hours ago, Rod Black said:

It’s the “can’t jump” rule. 

Yeah it seems a bit broader than the way the rule reads, but I guess the “maintain elevation” part of the rules essentially means “don’t jump into the opposing line and end up still off your feet”. I know they also changed stuff to not allow any hitting of the long snapper while their head is down, so safety first. Just funny that we haven’t seen that call in over a decade, then we get 2 in 2 weeks. I suppose the refs were told to crack down in a mid-season review. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Yeah it seems a bit broader than the way the rule reads, but I guess the “maintain elevation” part of the rules essentially means “don’t jump into the opposing line and end up still off your feet”. I know they also changed stuff to not allow any hitting of the long snapper while their head is down, so safety first. Just funny that we haven’t seen that call in over a decade, then we get 2 in 2 weeks. I suppose the refs were told to crack down in a mid-season review. 

I seem to recall that there was a similar call last week.

seems odd to run a hitch screen where you don't put a blocker on the man directly opposite the receiver -- forces Whitehead to go inside where Calgary can rally. 

they've done it twice now.  guess they're figuring that Whitehead can beat his man one-on-one.

1 minute ago, johnzo said:

seems odd to run a hitch screen where you don't put a blocker on the man directly opposite the receiver -- forces Whitehead to go inside where Calgary can rally. 

they've done it twice now.  guess they're figuring that Whitehead can beat his man one-on-one.

Quite likely they are setting something else up.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

BLM is pretty useless at this point unless he’s throwing a guy that’s wide open.

Not a tight window guy anymore

Just now, johnzo said:

what can you set up with that?  fake the hitch and have Whitehead go deep when the DB jumps it? 

Double move maybe