Blame Hall not Washington

Floyd

I know Demond kind of got blamed... but now that I watch the game again, I'd lay it on Hall's decision-making... yes, its better than Goltz and Buck, but still not good enough for the CFL.

1Q

- Kohlert makes a diving play to prevent a Max Hall INT

- Max Hall looks like hand is injured

2ndQ

1:07 left - up 20-4 instead of playing conservative - which is weird because Burke et al are always conservative... Max Hall under pressure, throws into thick coverage - INT

- Hall looks a bit shaken up

3rd Q 

- Big plays by D to start 3rd Q and Bellefuille calls two draw plays to Ford...  2 and out

- Next series, we are really moving the ball and Hall under pressure, throws a deep floater that is picked

4th Q

- Denmark fumbles but D bails us out

- Can't stop Charles on 3rd and 2

- Six minutes left:  Creehan sends Dunn on the blitz instead of picking up McCarty - leads to TD... Defence has basically been on the field more almost the entire 4th quarter

- Sorenson just drops his man and lets Laurent come in clean, Hall injured, D'Angelis shanks it

- Creehan starts to go all-in on the blitz, starts getting burnt

- Suber almost wins the game for us, misses INT

- Two minutes left and we get the ball on our 50...  and in comes Goltz - anyone think we'll call a QB draw?

- We get lucky with a Chamber drop

- Kickoff or no, its only five yards and one second difference...

- Wow, being booed heading into overtime at home - nice move.

- Goltz pouting.

OT:

- Cauchy - ugh.

- Creehan continues to go all-in, continues to get burnt

- Jarvis Jones picks a bad time to whiff on his assignment

Add to this:

- Markett had a tough time with Bowman all game

- Knapp got schooled in the 2nd half

- Sorenson just cannot get downfield to help... ever.

- Bo Smith never was any good and still isn't.

Sad thing is that the Football gods were good to us this game - Edmonton's penalties and drops left this up for us to win.

No mention of a flukey, third down tipped ball that miraculously falls into an opponent's hands...further upfield?

What were the Football Gods thinking then?

Not saying that wasn't a bad break... but Edmonton handed us a ton of penalty yards, Chambers dropped a sure touchdown, Edm fumbled in scoring range, etc etc

Suber had one and Washington had two chances for INTs...  yeah, we got some bad breaks but this wasn't a game where all the bad luck was with one team.

Turnovers were even. The game was even. We got out coached is the end result.

They could stop us in the second half and we were close...but again couldn't pull it off.

Even DeAngelis....35 yard FG? couldn't even put it through for a single?

Maybe we should have punted it through.

Exasperating.

I don't think anyone but Tim Burke is actually blaming Demond for the loss. It was a bad break. They happen from time to time. There were countless other plays that lead to the loss and while that one was definitely the worst, it would be foolish to lay the blame on the guy for trying to make a play and getting a bad bounce.

On the other hand, had it been Jovon I would have wanted his head on a platter.

I don't think anyone but Tim Burke is actually blaming Demond for the loss. It was a bad break. They happen from time to time. There were countless other plays that lead to the loss and while that one was definitely the worst, it would be foolish to lay the blame on the guy for trying to make a play and getting a bad bounce.

On the other hand, had it been Jovon I would have wanted his head on a platter.

No kidding.  To blame a DB who is trying to make a play and made multiple plays in the game for one play when you were outscored 35-7  (that 7 being a defensive TD) over the better part of 3 quarters is completely gutless.  Hard to believe a coach could be so inept as to say something like that about any of his players publicly, but Burke is doing it week after week.  The only reason a coach should ever publicly shame a player is if they aren't playing 110%.

Burke didn't pin the loss on Demond.... he blamed it on the O.   He said they had bad breaks such as dropping 2 ints ,  missing kick,  throwing ill timed picks etc....

What??? He clearly blamed Washington for not knocking it down, saying he is too young. He did not blame it on the O. He blames everybody for everything IN PUBLIC!

Burke didn't pin the loss on Demond.... he blamed it on the O.   He said they had bad breaks such as dropping 2 ints ,  missing kick,  throwing ill timed picks etc....

What??? He clearly blamed Washington for not knocking it down, saying he is too young. He did not blame it on the O. He blames everybody for everything IN PUBLIC!

That's exactly what I heard.

Watching little timmy is making these meaningless last games exciting.  Hard to take him seriously without the golf visor though.   It screams authority.  

What Burke wears is actually called a visor.

It rhymes with a word he would like to be noted as, but the resemblance ends there.

That's exactly what I heard.

Same, he blamed Washington. Burke needs to be fired.

Watching little timmy is making these meaningless last games exciting.  Hard to take him seriously without the golf visor though.   It screams authority.  

What Burke wears is actually called a visor.

It rhymes with a word he would like to be noted as, but the resemblance ends there.

A kaiser roll, as in roll over and take a knee? 

Speaking of, I am shocked B.C. did not take a knee at the end today.......