Around The NHL 2021/22

6 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

If a subordinate is told of an incident by the team president, why should anyone expect the subordinate to do anything about it? It's above his pay grade. Could he have marched to a police station and filed a complaint on behalf of the player, who was an adult at the time. I guess he could have, but i don't know that he should be held to account for not doing that. I don't think I would talk out of school like that. 

Part of the bigger concern is the “talking out of school” mindset. The victim says everyone on the team knew, he heard slurs at practice and was asked if he liked the oral sex, but somehow that stuff was kept in house. Victim said in his TSN interview things like that were said in the presence of teammates, coaches, and media around practice. When Graham James was coaching Swift Current, I knew guys playing in the WHL who said opposing players would go to the Bronco bench during games and taunt them, asking who coach was blowing that week. This culture of silence is what allowed it to happen, and allowed the Michigan player to be sexually assaulted three years later, because despite the knowledge of management, no one did anything to make sure Aldrich was kept from getting hired again and whitewashed any investigation. So if Chevy felt that top management was handling it as evidenced by the resignation, he would have noticed Aldrich still at the parade, name on the Cup, getting a ring, and could reasonably have asked “why is he still in contact with the players?” That is the argument that will determine his fate. 

13 hours ago, JCon said:

At least we know why sexual assualts continue to happen. No one is willing to take any responsibility to help. Someone else's problem because it's not my job. 

The silence of apathetic or indifferent people is no better than the cruelty or malice of bad people in situations such as this - and it's pretty appalling. It continues to speak to what's rotten in professional hockey, IMO.

What's even more twisted is that Beach was labelled a first round bust shortly after and subsequently buried in the Blackhawks organization, destroying whatever career aspirations he had.

**** the Blackhawks.

12 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The silence of apathetic or indifferent people is no better than the cruelty or malice of bad people in situations such as this - and it's pretty appalling. It continues to speak to what's rotten in professional hockey, IMO.

What's even more twisted is that Beach was labelled a first round bust shortly after and subsequently buried in the Blackhawks organization, destroying whatever career aspirations he had.

**** the Blackhawks.

The media labeled him a bust. He's had a good career tho but no nhl games.  He's even currently playing 

My understanding is the ppl on the low end of the Blackhawks totem pole like Chevy at that time were told in a meeting something would be done and it was. People really need to stop and look at all facts b4 convicting everyone. 

The sad part is the equipment guy is basically taking very little heat and he's the guy who did it. 

We have all been to bars and likely saw drunk guys taking advantage of drunk girls and we have all heard or seen things that looking back years later we wish were different or we maybe said something but we didn't. It's strange to me we are convicting the ppl who did nothing but believe it would be taken care of. The world has changed lots in 10 years.... cancel culture is a thing now.  This is a slippery slope here. Bowman took heat cuz he was given the complaint and did nothing. I'm not even sure the rest including Chevy knew more than there was a 5 foot guy hitting on a 6 foot guy. I'm not sure they were told many details. This is why we need to wait. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

What an asinine ******* comment.

Why because not all facts are out and you all on here convicting people. 

Cancel culture in the house here 

Has to be exactly what I want and say. 

Monday all the facts will be known. 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Goalie said:

You should consult a dictionary before using words erroneously while playing misguided devil's advocate and making dipshitted false equivalencies.

And now the NHL is going into damage control mode:

Chevaldayoff is going to have to throw a lot of other people under the bus to even have a chance at keeping his job.  Winnipeg is the home of Graham James and should really be the last city that puts up with this kind of laziness, conceit, deceit and inhumanity.

"Cancel culture" is a sociopathic term for "accountability".

That the Hawks allowed Aldrich to leave (and I'm going to use the sociopathic term here) by not "cancelling" him and allowing him to go on and abuse others is unforgiveable.  Every person in that room had a responsibility to make sure this was dealt with by the law, but we know that winning the cup was more important than one, two or three human lives.

F**k anyone who can't appreciate the gravity of this.

Edited by Wideleft

Jets ownership really needs to get this right.  They probably want to re-evaluate their relationship with Zinger as well.  This is the right time to get the stench out of the management team.

"Around nine months ago, the Winnipeg Free Press wrote a series of stories that they called A Stain on Our Game. The series covered one serial sexual abuser in hockey: Graham James. Most people know of James because he has been put in jail for his crimes. Sheldon Kennedy and Theo Fleury spoke out about their abuse at his hands. He was eventually sent to jail. But there is an unspoken about connection to James in the NHL today. It is not a player who survived him or one who was coached by him like Joe Sakic. No, it is Craig Heisinger.

Heisinger’s knowledge of such incidences has been probed by the Winnipeg Free Press. They also asked him about the knowledge of hazing rituals with the Winnipeg Warriors. Heisinger has been evasive about his past in regards to his connections to James and the harm that was caused to the players that James had access to. In fact, there is one comment from 2011 that was made by Heisinger about James and it is not exactly a condemnation for his serial abuse of players: “I don’t want to condone any of the s–t Graham did — he crossed the line in a million different ways. But there were some people he gave opportunity to, and I was one of them.” (source)

Again, in 2012 the Free Press talked to Heisinger again to start probing into Graham James and did get Heisinger on the record. Again, his comment leaves you wanting a lot more from him: ”You can save your breath. I’m not going to say anything about it. I’m not saying nothing. No comment. I’m not commenting on the Graham James situation. I’ve got nothing to say.”

Why am I rehashing the commentary from Steve Lyon? Because it lays out a massive issue with the Winnipeg Jets: they have been unwilling to look into a long connection between James and Heisinger including Heisinger being a part owner of the Calgary Hitmen of the WHL when James was hired by them. At the very least Heisinger should be willing to denounce James with the heat of a thousand suns. He is a known serial abuser who used his position of power to prey on vulnerable young men. He was and is a sick man. It shouldn’t be hard to denounce that."

https://www.arcticicehockey.com/2021/6/29/22554770/the-winnipeg-jets-silence-volumes-chicago-blackhawks-graham-james-craig-heisinger-kevin-cheveldayoff

On 2021-10-27 at 10:55 AM, GCn20 said:

I totally agree with your perspective on sexual assault. However, I am willing to hear Cheveldayoff's side of the story before throwing him under the bus after actually reading his testimony to the commission. I recommend you do so as well. They met, the president of the Hawks gave a summary of the complaint but no description of the actual complaint, and then assured the matter would be investigated and handled by himself personally. What should Chevy have done differently?  I am willing to give Chevy the benefit of the doubt that he was not privy to the particulars, nor the severity, of the complaint. I have been in corporate management for years and I can tell you that HR only lets you say so much when allegations are yet to be proven.

He had 10 years to say something and I don't care what you are allowed to say if what is being alleged demands further investigation and then is swept under the rug.

Not freaking hard at all for him to let something leak if he didn't feel at least partially culpable.

To be clear, I'm not defending anyone on this matter.
Just want to say that if we dig people's past... 5,10,15 years... I'll say most will not come out clean. 

Now, back to read-mode on this topic. 🤐

EDIT: When I say "people", I mean people in general not pointing to NHL people only. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

16 hours ago, JCon said:

At least we know why sexual assualts continue to happen. No one is willing to take any responsibility to help. Someone else's problem because it's not my job. 

No doubt get flamed but first and foremost assault victims need to go to police first and not friends, family, employers. 

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Just want to say that if we dig people's past... 5,10,15 years... I'll say most will not come out clean. 

"most" have been privy to sex assault and didn't go to the cops about it? 

6 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Sorry.  What ever happened "mostly" in the past doesn't excuse anything. 

Just a reminder that Graham James was first charged in 1997, so the Blackhawks had 13-ish years to digest the issue of sexual assault on players.

Edited by Wideleft

14 hours ago, Goalie said:

Cancel culture in the house here 

Has to be exactly what I want and say. 

Monday all the facts will be known. 

An investigation has been done and the facts are there for you to read.

"cancel culture" is a phrase parroted by people who don't think should be held accountable for their actions.