Around The NHL 2021/22

Kevin Weekes on Twitter

For all asking, my understanding is the

@NHLFlames

have Tkachuk ( who is a future potential captain) an upcoming 1 Rd pick, a former 1st Rd pick, and 2 prospects in the Eichel sweepstakes with the

@BuffaloSabres

@espn

@NHLNetwork

#HockeyTwitter .

Huge If true 

40 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Kevin Weekes on Twitter

For all asking, my understanding is the

@NHLFlames

have Tkachuk ( who is a future potential captain) an upcoming 1 Rd pick, a former 1st Rd pick, and 2 prospects in the Eichel sweepstakes with the

@BuffaloSabres

@espn

@NHLNetwork

#HockeyTwitter .

Huge If true 

Who would deal for him with his back issues? The guy wants a surgery that most medical staffs are saying is a complete no-go. 

11 minutes ago, JCon said:

Who would deal for him with his back issues? The guy wants a surgery that most medical staffs are saying is a complete no-go. 

Neck issue. Apparently been done on other athletes just not hockey players. Risky chit. Hope it works out. He could always pull a Byfuglien. 

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Man I hope Tuch blows it up for the Sabres so people can say 'Jake oh I'm sorry Jack who?' 

If it's the Sabres, something will definitely get blown up. I feel bad for anyone traded to that franchise. Bad enough to get drafted by them. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

If it's the Sabres, something will definitely get blown up. I feel bad for anyone traded to that franchise. Bad enough to get drafted by them. 

Yup gotta be tough to be a Sabres fan.

If anyone wants to know what a true fan is look up anyone who has faithfully supported the Sabres over the years resisting the urge to throw their jersey in the garbage like some Oiler 'fans' I've seen done here. They're pulling them out now because the Oilers are currently doing good.

Oh yea and the Leafs suck.

Thanks for getting me fired up so early in the morning.

There's a huge risk with Eichel. Injury history and inconsistent play. The play is understandable given the team but he's lacked some leadership qualities. 

Also, now Vegas needs to make some cap space for him. $10M a year is a lot of money. 

Vegas likes collecting injured players and players don't seem to stay healthy there. 

The current IR/LTIR - A few big names on there. 

IR - Nolan Patrick, Zach Whitecloud
LTIR - Jack Eichel, Mark Stone, Max Pacioretty, Jack Bischoff. 

34 minutes ago, JCon said:

There's a huge risk with Eichel. Injury history and inconsistent play. The play is understandable given the team but he's lacked some leadership qualities. 

Also, now Vegas needs to make some cap space for him. $10M a year is a lot of money. 

Vegas likes collecting injured players and players don't seem to stay healthy there. 

The current IR/LTIR - A few big names on there. 

IR - Nolan Patrick, Zach Whitecloud
LTIR - Jack Eichel, Mark Stone, Max Pacioretty, Jack Bischoff. 

The Vegas cap next year with Eichel is at $78.75 million for 11 players under contract. The cap ceiling is $81.5 million and not likely to go up with all the financial losses the last 2 years. So expect some big moves to shed salary or a Tampa Bay style LTIR play. But can’t see them rostering 14 players for the season to fit under the cap. 
Other teams would be well-served to force Vegas’ hand and demand hold back of a portion of any traded player’s salary. Vegas will continue to win these trade wars if other teams keep bailing them out on other trades and don’t make them deal with all these big salaries they keep amassing. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The Vegas cap next year with Eichel is at $78.75 million for 11 players under contract. The cap ceiling is $81.5 million and not likely to go up with all the financial losses the last 2 years. So expect some big moves to shed salary or a Tampa Bay style LTIR play. But can’t see them rostering 14 players for the season to fit under the cap. 
Other teams would be well-served to force Vegas’ hand and demand hold back of a portion of any traded player’s salary. Vegas will continue to win these trade wars if other teams keep bailing them out on other trades and don’t make them deal with all these big salaries they keep amassing. 

They have 7(!!!) RFAs and 4 UFAs. It's going to be interesting to see how they can manage. 

I would take Nolan Patrick as a reclamation project. Run him with Lowry for a bit after we lose Copp. Either he grows into his potential or he doesn't but shouldn't cost too much to get him. 

**** that is shitty for Krebs. I like that kid...watched him play AJHL, and he's got some family around here. In our fantasy draft each year, we have to take 1 rookie, and he was my pick this year. Not sure if this helps me or not, in that regard.....

You know... I feel pretty confident in saying there have been no shenanigans with True North. 

I think reading these stories and there will be more, True North is truly all class.. I don't know chipper personally but my dad and him are acquaintances of sorts.  Chipper is a pretty stand up dude and I don't think would allow any of that garbage to happen here and if it did... well... somebody be fired  

The old saying is the boys will be the boys... 

But it's time for the boys to grow up now and become men and take responsibility and whatever else... 

The Chevy scandal turned out he wasn't even asked more than 1 question really.. about harassment and he got roasted... guilty till innocent I suppose 

The people involved here likely won't be roasted as much and they are guilty.  The Aldrich stuff is disgusting and not surprised as I myself  had coaches who were quite close with certain players and gave off the in hindsight vibe of that's not right but didn't know or was those players so.. didn't care. In the future we need to chill.. and actually make sure you get the right people first... cuz damn.. the random person couldn't tell you who Aldrich is but they likely thought Chevy was being canceled a week or so ago now. 

****** up. Culture. Boys will be boys. Needs to change. These stories will hopefully lead to change league Like ALL sports leagues Wide 

Edited by Goalie

6 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

'Chipper' did salute Hull despite multiple ex's accusing him of abuse.

Yes. I can't comment on the time... I wasn't around. I mean not that long ago women couldn't vote so... yeah.. if you look back in history.. you are gonna find things you dislike. Hull was a raging alcoholic and did beat up a few girlfriends they say... but.. and I don't wanna sound empathetic or misconstrued but... I can't judge ppl based on things they did when I didn't know or care or even existed 

Hull isn't  a good guy but no Hull likely equals no Jets  

Rock. Hard place. Had to honor the golden jet