Random Jets News

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm not digging that. Too much black and powder blue. For me, it needs more red and a darker blue. 

The Heritage Blues are the best kits in the league by a mile, IMO. 

Ya but why would they redo a jersey ppl already own. This is a money grab by Adidas 

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

TN seems to have absolutely no clue what their target audience wants. It is like the Bombers frustrating refusal for years to go back to the current jerseys. Look what happened when they did...immediate and resounding success.

I'm gonna guess TNSE doesn't have as much say with the Reverse Retros as we think they might. 

The black makes no sense at all. On any retro jerseys of any kind Jets related. Red Blue White. 

I hate that we sometimes pretend that this Jets and Jets circa 80s early 90s are the same. They aren't.  

Part of me feels naming the team Jets was silly  

Edited by Goalie

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nah. That made perfect sense 11 years ago and it still does now. 1.0 and 2.0 being separate franchises doesn't change the fact it's Winnipeg's hockey history and legacy that matter, hence sticking with the name that had the broadest appeal.

However, what Adidas and its designers continue to do with these lousy jerseys (Aviator, 80s RR, 90s RR) is another story. They're needlessly trying to reinvent the wheel when all they had to do was embrace nostalgia.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Don't know if you're old enough to remember that Winnipeg was the centre of aviation in this country...The country's overhaul base was in the Peg until Trudeau senior moved it to Montreal on a strictly political move....Aviation during the second world war was huge in Winnipeg ...we've always had an airforce theme....Look at the Jets jersey's...besides I think the name Jets fits very well with our other professional team the Bombers....Jets/Bombers....all fits for me

There was a scary incident at the Winnipeg Jets morning skate media availability.

Head coach Rick Bowness, speaking at the podium, was clearly in some distress and had to cut short his chat with reporters ahead of tonight’s game against St. Louis. It was being broadcast live on social media channels by the club.

Team officials say the 67-year-old, who is coming off a week-long battle with COVID, was suffering from dizzy spells and is being checked out by doctors.

His status for the game tonight is not clear.

16 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

There was a scary incident at the Winnipeg Jets morning skate media availability.

Head coach Rick Bowness, speaking at the podium, was clearly in some distress and had to cut short his chat with reporters ahead of tonight’s game against St. Louis. It was being broadcast live on social media channels by the club.

Team officials say the 67-year-old, who is coming off a week-long battle with COVID, was suffering from dizzy spells and is being checked out by doctors.

His status for the game tonight is not clear.

No job is worth your health. This guy was retired at the end of last year. He is a short-term fix. Maybe reach out to Trotz again, or let Arniel just run the club. 

18 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

No job is worth your health. This guy was retired at the end of last year. He is a short-term fix. Maybe reach out to Trotz again, or let Arniel just run the club. 

Agreed that this job is not worth his health, but we shouldn’t jump to conclusions and immediately push Bowness into retirement.  There are hundreds of reasons why he could have been light headed and dizzy today.  Let’s wait and see what the doctors say.

So I had covid but being younger I never experienced those side effects however my neighbors across the street are older and the man went to a funeral recently and caught covid and it's been difficult for him. I'm gonna guess that depending on age and variant you get, it effects some ppl differently.  I got this lingering cough now. Its not going away anytime soon. 

Best of luck coach 

Edited by Goalie