Covid-19

JCon

Its just the flu tho right.. Tell that to these people who couldn't even say a proper goodbye to their loved ones.. 

These stupid America conspiracy theories are gonna get more ppl killed.  

https://www.wsj.com/articles/im-sorry-i-cant-kiss-youcoronavirus-victims-are-dying-alone-11586534526?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/P4Ixykb0A5

Read it.. If you are human, have a Kleenex near by.  U will need it. 

Edited by Goalie

12 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Family photos of loved ones is media hype. We should be talking about the flu and installing roll cages on every vehicle. Well off to the lake.

Lol. Im off to the lake 2. Weirdly enough we have lots of face masks and face shields there and since im essential gonna grab em today. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

There should be an IQ requirement for president  

I figured this was the video. Someone tell trump that a virus isn't bacterial so antibiotics wouldn't work. Ill say this tho, it's smarter than Trump. The Americans are so ******.. So very very very ******. 

Edited by Goalie

Dr Jensen seems very concerned that statistics are being padded to make the death toll appear higher than it really is. He cites to Fox News that if a patient is killed by a bus but also tests positive for COVID the cause of death is listed as COVID. He says this doesn't make sense and I agree, it doesn't. Likewise for violent crimes and gators (lookin at you, Florida). But how much of the death toll could possibly be accounted for by completely unrelated incidents? It can't be that many.

If a doctor cannot make a definite diagnosis of COVID (shortages of test kits being a good reason why, a whole other issue) but "the circumstances are compelling with a reasonable degree of certainty"... then it seems reasonable to me that the death be included in the COVID statistics. Making a best effort to report the spread and impact of this disease isn't fear mongering or being alarmist, it's simply trying to show the reality of this situation. Suggesting doctors and nurses are artificially inflating these numbers for personal and financial gain is especially low on his part.

Herd immunity comes at a price. Sounds like Dr Jensen is okay with approx 10% of the pop. getting seriously ill (he chuckles about 90% won't suffer more than minor symptoms) and who knows how many of them will survive (should their local health system be able to bear the strain). I'm firmly in the 'let's minimize the death toll, we can sacrifice for one another in the short term and get through this in the long run' camp.

Thanks to everyone who is washing their hands and sheltering in place as much as possible. Hang in there everyone!

And I just saw a video this week that spoke of trying to include only factual information of deaths related to Covid19 involvement. 
Some deaths are guesses supported by factual information. Not only to Covid, but to underlying conditions.
It’s not all black and white. There will be mistakes made.
Who knew?

15 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Dr Jensen seems very concerned that statistics are being padded to make the death toll appear higher than it really is. He cites to Fox News that if a patient is killed by a bus but also tests positive for COVID the cause of death is listed as COVID. He says this doesn't make sense and I agree, it doesn't. Likewise for violent crimes and gators (lookin at you, Florida). But how much of the death toll could possibly be accounted for by completely unrelated incidents? It can't be that many.

If a doctor cannot make a definite diagnosis of COVID (shortages of test kits being a good reason why, a whole other issue) but "the circumstances are compelling with a reasonable degree of certainty"... then it seems reasonable to me that the death be included in the COVID statistics. Making a best effort to report the spread and impact of this disease isn't fear mongering or being alarmist, it's simply trying to show the reality of this situation. Suggesting doctors and nurses are artificially inflating these numbers for personal and financial gain is especially low on his part.

Herd immunity comes at a price. Sounds like Dr Jensen is okay with approx 10% of the pop. getting seriously ill (he chuckles about 90% won't suffer more than minor symptoms) and who knows how many of them will survive (should their local health system be able to bear the strain). I'm firmly in the 'let's minimize the death toll, we can sacrifice for one another in the short term and get through this in the long run' camp.

Thanks to everyone who is washing their hands and sheltering in place as much as possible. Hang in there everyone!

I suspect the Italian death rates are skewed as well...

Black car rolls up...

’yeah we gotta a dead guy - he got the covid’

’umm sir there’s an ice pick in his eye’

’preexisting condition now if I says he got the covid he got the covid capeesh?’

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

For you assholes wanting to go to your cottage. Stay the **** home... 

Yeah the sky is falling...  if someone feels ill they are not checking into Kenora they will drive back to Winnipeg - rural hospitals just tell people to go home anyway 

people with respiratory issues and elderly people should be staying close to home - if people own homes there that is their choice 

I really hope no one is going for a day trip to kenora 

The weeks-long battle between religious leaders who have defied coronavirus lockdown orders and authorities trying to protect the public from spreading the deadly infection came to a head this weekend as members of churches around the country prepared for an unusual Easter Sunday service.

The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the U.S. surpassed 500,000 on Saturday, yet some faith leaders said they planned to go against federal guidelines discouraging public gatherings of more than 10 people, while others in harder-hit areas worked to set up Zoom meetings and experimented with sound-mixing technology to combine separately recorded hymns.

Governors in several states worked to balance the desire for adequate public health measures with the politics of asking citizens not to gather to celebrate the holiday. Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb and Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp have encouraged worshippers to attend online services. Though Holcomb has ordered Indiana churches to stay closed, Kemp has reportedly left the decision up to individual pastors in his state. In Texas and Florida, governors have exempted religious services from the states’ stay-at-home orders.

Meanwhile, in Louisiana, the Reverend Tony Spell—who was charged last month for repeatedly violating a state ban on large gatherings—said this week that he expects 2,000 people to attend Easter Sunday services at the Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge.

“Satan and a virus will not stop us,” Spell told Reuters, as he prepared for the Sunday service. “God will shield us from all harm and sickness.” (He previously told WMTV he did not believe his congregation was at risk of infection because he believed the virus was “politically motivated.”)

Central Police Chief Roger Corcoran said in a statement in March that Spell had repeatedly failed in his responsibility to show “strength and resilience” during the crisis, choosing instead “to embarrass us for his own self-promotion.”

“Mr. Spell will have his day in court where he will be held responsible for his reckless and irresponsible decisions that endangered the health of his congregation and our community,” added Corcoran. “We are facing a public health crisis and expect our community’s leaders to set a positive example and follow the law.”

President Trump was told in late January about a memo from his trade adviser warning of the effects of the coronavirus, despite his claim later on that he had never seen the memo, The New York Times reports. Peter Navarro sent a memo on Jan. 29 alerting the president to the possible fallout from COVID-19: millions of deaths and trillions of dollars lost across the world. In April, Trump denied seeing it. But according to records and current and former officials who spoke to the Times, that wasn’t true, as Trump had been informed at the time about the predicted fallout of the pandemic. The denial was one in a long litany of ways Trump and his administration turned a blind eye to the coronavirus pandemic, according to the Times. Public health experts have warned that the White House’s slow response and failures to plan for a pandemic will likely result in American deaths.

In a conversation with Dr. Anthony Fauci last month, President Trump questioned why health officials couldn't simply let the coronavirus pandemic “wash over the country,” according to The Washington Post. In his desire to reopen the country as soon as possible, Trump reportedly wanted to know why the United States could not simply decline to take countermeasures against COVID-19, with an aim of reaching a critical mass of immunity faster. Fauci, reportedly aghast, said, “Mr. president, many people will die.” Public health experts agree that if the coronavirus is not contained, hundreds of thousands will die.

24 minutes ago, Tracker said:

In a conversation with Dr. Anthony Fauci last month, President Trump questioned why health officials couldn't simply let the coronavirus pandemic “wash over the country,” according to The Washington Post. In his desire to reopen the country as soon as possible, Trump reportedly wanted to know why the United States could not simply decline to take countermeasures against COVID-19, with an aim of reaching a critical mass of immunity faster. Fauci, reportedly aghast, said, “Mr. president, many people will die.” Public health experts agree that if the coronavirus is not contained, hundreds of thousands will die.

appealing to his humanity, shame Trump has none. 

so...anyone want to bet that Fun Mountain is going to have new owners next year? (otherwise that nice little outdoor pool in Transcona is going to get plenty of business) because I'm hearing on twitter and facebook that the owner has made some rude comments about health care workers? or maybe she's just sour because there's no way in hell the place is going to open this year?

92586211_10158042057270561_790995000098816000_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=N4L631n-AJ4AX_rEMOm&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc2-1.fna&oh=0b43a1c680d75be00a53822008560cef&oe=5EB90962

I've only gone 7 times, and the best time I ever had there was in 2003 when the 7th and 8th graders at my school went for their annual trip and the weather was not nice out, most of the kids were hanging out in the hot tubs, I got to enjoy many a slide that day

Edited by iHeart

On 2020-04-10 at 5:08 PM, GCJenks said:

I heard from a friend in Norway yesterday. Next week they are starting a phased in return to school. Elementary (under 10 yrs old there) will go back first as the schools are smaller and local. Middle and high schools require busing and travel from town to town do not opening then yet. 

Norway? They have 6,452 cases of Covid & 119 deaths with a population of 5.2 million. That's a death rate of  1.8%.  Consider Canada. we have 23,318 cases & 652 deaths with a population of 37.59 million.. That's a mortality rate of 2.8%.  Sweden is allowing everyone to get infected thinking a Herd Mentality will build up immunity in the population. A group of doctors have written the government begging them to reconsider saying a catastrophe is about to happen. Sweden has 10,151 cases with 887 deaths for a mortality rate of 8.73% with a population of 10.23 million. However, how much testing have they done if they're letting the virus run thru the population? The numbers could be much higher. Their healthcare system must be reaching a breaking point. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

so...anyone want to bet that Fun Mountain is going to have new owners next year? (otherwise that nice little outdoor pool in Transcona is going to get plenty of business) because I'm hearing on twitter and facebook that the owner has made some rude comments about health care workers? or maybe she's just sour because there's no way in hell the place is going to open this year?

I've only gone 7 times, and the best time I ever had there was in 2003 when the 7th and 8th graders at my school went for their annual trip and the weather was not nice out, most of the kids were hanging out in the hot tubs, I got to enjoy many a slide that day

I've read about her a few times on reddit (go figure) and apparently the lady has been really active in a bad way on social media since she has taken over.  

People have complained about the slides being in need of repair and causing injury and instead of providing a generic answer saying that they will do their best... she blames the kids and everyone else and shits on the people making a valid complaint.  

THE WISDOM OF TRUMP STRIKES AGAIN

President Donald Trump’s Labor Department has quietly issued guidance informing most employers in the United States that they will not be required to record and report coronavirus cases among their workers because doing so would supposedly constitute an excessive burden on companies.

The new rules, released Friday by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), were met with alarm by public health experts and former Labor Department officials who said the new rules are an absurd attack on transparency that could further endanger frontline workers.

Because COVID-19 is officially classified as a recordable illness, employers would typically be required to notify OSHA of coronavirus cases among their workers.

The Trump administration’s new regulatory guidelines state that—with some exceptions—employers outside of the healthcare industry, law enforcement and firefighting, and corrections will not be required to report coronavirus cases among their employees because companies “may have difficulty making determinations about whether workers who contracted COVID-19 did so due to exposures at work.”

U.K. prime minister Boris Johnson was released from the hospital on Sunday morning after thanking the National Health Service in his first public statement after being moved out of intensive care at St. Thomas’ Hospital in London. “I can’t thank them enough,” he said on the eve of his release. “I owe them my life.” Johnson, 55, was the first world leader to test positive for COVID-19 two weeks ago, and his symptoms gradually deteriorated to the point of first needing hospitalization and then intensive care. After three days in the I.C.U. ward, he was moved back to regular care. He received oxygen, but was not intubated for a ventilator. It is not clear when he will be released from the hospital. British Home Secretary Priti Patel said in a statement that Johnson needed “time and space to rest, recuperate and recover.” The U.K. recorded 917 new COVID-19-related deaths on Saturday, bringing the death toll there to 9,875.

13 hours ago, iHeart said:

92586211_10158042057270561_790995000098816000_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=N4L631n-AJ4AX_rEMOm&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc2-1.fna&oh=0b43a1c680d75be00a53822008560cef&oe=5EB90962

Doesn’t impact me as I haven’t been in a million years but he’s this moron was all over social media yesterday.  Maybe it’s just me but one thing it seems the trump era has allowed is people with opinions they’d normally keep to themselves feel emboldened to share.  Like, you’re a business owner and you write those things?   How stupid.   And if you don’t believe viruses exist how committed are you to the cleanliness of your business?