Covid-19

JCon

Looks like the loosening of restrictions have not greatly increased cases, as the days go on and more and more are vaccinated I feel the government will relax the restrictions even more next week, we are doing well but we have a ways to go, I think we are on the right track to having more freedoms in the near future.

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

With Pfizer saying the vaccines can now be remain viable at warmer temperatures that will be a big help too.

Not until they apply to Health Canada to make that change. They have applied to the FDA in the US but sounds like they haven't even asked Health Canada yet and we know they are slower to approve than GB or USA.

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

In all seriousness, why are they asking for feedback?

They need to base this on numbers and projections...not on how we all feel about it.

Consultation is ALWAYS a good thing. They don't necessarily base their decisions on what people want, but it helps to know what people are most passionate about. It's good for them to be informed, and it's good for citizens to feel like they have a voice. 

11 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

In all seriousness, why are they asking for feedback?

They need to base this on numbers and projections...not on how we all feel about it.

This is a management ploy. I worked in a place where the manager voiced worker involvement in decisions but lower-level input was rejected again and again until the proposals got around to what management wanted all along. The amount of resentment and cynicism in line staff was staggering. On top of being saddled with policies and procedures that few really wanted, the process of "consultation" was an insult- if things didn't go well, the consultation would be blamed.

17 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

62% vs 92% Hmmm what to choose...what to choose....

That 62% one is the vaccine we give to other countries.

I used to think like this, and then I did a bunch of reading and realized that 62% is still CRAZY high effectiveness. Most vaccines aren't normally that high. And the 90%+ is basically unheard of. It's never been done before. So, as someone else just posted, you want ANY of the vaccines...it'll get the job done.

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I used to think like this, and then I did a bunch of reading and realized that 62% is still CRAZY high effectiveness. Most vaccines aren't normally that high. And the 90%+ is basically unheard of. It's never been done before. So, as someone else just posted, you want ANY of the vaccines...it'll get the job done.

Plus even though its 60 some percent that you may get sick its virtually eliminated death and hospitalization from Covid.

As an aside, about 25 years ago an Australian doctor, Sam Chachoua, lost his father to cancer.  Chachoua was one of the youngest doctors to graduate from medical school, and at the top of his class. He decided to make the eradication of cancer the focus of his life and as a tribute to his father. He saw that the conventional "cut, burn and poison" treatments were limited decided to look for a better treatment process. He was aware that some cancers spontaneously go into remission and began to explore why. He came to the conclusion that a secondary viral infection attacked the cancers and eradicated them.  When the secondary infection was treated, the cancers did not recur. As some of the secondary infections were difficult to treat, he decided to identify more benign viruses and use them to attack cancers. He also modified the secondary viruses to make them more effective and claimed to cure over 90% of stage 4 cancers, as well as well-advanced AIDS. 

He was not well-received in the US, and his story can be found at: Dr. Sam Chachoua | ENCOGNITIVE.COM

Why have I posted this? The process of creating the COVID vaccine is almost exactly the one Dr. Chachoua created. The wheel is re-invented.